Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

34 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

While I can see what you mean a lot of the time, that fight vs Muscular a few seasons back made me fall in love with the character. Probably one of my top 5 anime fights of all-time.

Yep, I wasn't big on him early and now he's one of my favorites ever. Mainly due to season 4 though.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:30 PM, BayRaider said:

Just finished Demon Slayer a couple months back, great anime. Can't wait for the movie to be dubbed in January.

I see a lot of people making lists on here, so I'll make a Top 10 and maybe you guys can hit me with some recommendations based on my preferences.

I've probably watched less than 40 animes, so not a large sample size.

1) Dragon Ball Z (I know this doesn't crack most people's Top 20... but I've always loved DBZ, and have watched it all the way through multiple times)

2) Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

3) Attack on Titan

4) Death Note

5) Cowboy Bebop

6) Demon Slayer (early, but love it)

7) Trigun

8 ) Yu Yu Hakusho

9) Black Lagoon

10) G Gundam

HM: Erased

Have watched the first 4-5 episodes or so of: Naruto, One Piece, Vinland Saga, One Punch Man, Tokyo Ghoul, and Psycho Pass and not a big fan, so don't need those recommended.

1) I've heard Steins Gate is good, is that worth a watch?

2) My fiancee is obsessed with Black Clover and she has already seen every episode, and now watching it over with me. I'm at Episode 16. It's slowly growing on me, but does it get better? It's just ok to me so far. And the main character is beyond annoying.

3) I'm 41 Episodes through Monster, but that was six years ago. I literally stopped because of how slow it is. However, I still remember it being a terrific Anime. And I keep seeing it at the Top of Anime lists. Is this Anime worth finishing? I'd have to start the whole thing over probably. Also, where can I watch Monster?

I was a fan of Outlaw Star (26 episodes) and The Big O, growing up as a kid/teenager. You might like those given the list you have. I too was a huge DBZ fan and I liked the some of the Gundam stuff and Yu Yu while also not really catching onto Naruto and others. I think we share some similar preferences for anime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Xenos said:

I keep hearing about Vinland Saga on Prime. Anyone know anything about it?

It's super good. Prime doesn't dub for some reason so it's the only subbed anime I've watched. I don't really know how to describe it without spoiling. It has great action, great characters, and tells a bunch stories woven into one. I imagine it'll get a lot more seasons than it has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

It's super good. Prime doesn't dub for some reason so it's the only subbed anime I've watched. I don't really know how to describe it without spoiling. It has great action, great characters, and tells a bunch stories woven into one. I imagine it'll get a lot more seasons than it has.

Hmmm I'll have to give it another try. I hated the first six episodes. Then again, I hated Black Clover the first 15 or so.

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hmmm I'll have to give it another try. I hated the first six episodes. Then again, I hated Black Clover the first 15 or so.

The only anime that was immediately amazing for me was Attack on Titan. Most others are either meh or intriguing the first few episodes. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished watching Pacific Rim: The Black on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Been craving some good anime as I wait for AoT to wrap up so I can binge it. Really good character development. Complex but easy to follow plot. Pretty good action sequences. And I didn't hate the type of animation they used (for once). Would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a new series.

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Just finished watching Pacific Rim: The Black on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Been craving some good anime as I wait for AoT to wrap up so I can binge it. Really good character development. Complex but easy to follow plot. Pretty good action sequences. And I didn't hate the type of animation they used (for once). Would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a new series.

I liked it too, but 8 episodes or however many? That is like nothing for an anime. 

Just finished High Rise Invasion on Netflix. Then I started Kill la Kill.  If you're into the stereotypical female anime character art and angles, these ones are for you. 😂

High Rise Invasion has The Purge vibes. It's pretty cool.

Kill la Kill kinda reminds me of Superjail from Adult Swim with the countless background characters that are constantly dying.