Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

On 5/1/2021 at 11:02 AM, BayRaider said:

Gotcha. I thought the vaccine 95% prevents you from contracting it and 99% prevents symptoms. It doesn’t prevent contraction? Not sure why anyone under 50 would need it if all it does it prevent critical symptoms. 

It does help prevent transmission based on the latest data.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:56 AM, RavensTillIDie said:

Nah, not so much scared for myself. The vaccine increases your survival rate and significantly lowers the risk of major complications. However you still run the risk of getting the virus and possibly re-transmitting it. And with a newborn baby, I'm just a little more cautious. 

Off topic but the vaccine also helps prevent transmission. You’ll be fine as long as the movie theater does it’s job also.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/article/yes-vaccines-block-most-transmission-of-covid-19

22 hours ago, Xenos said:

Anyone excited for the last season of Castlevania? God, last season was such a tease. I hope they wrap up most of the storylines this season.

Loved it. It was great.

I'm in season 4 of Attack on Titan, and I'll probably cry when it ends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Loved it. It was great.

Part 1 dub finished last week. I LOVED it and am so hyped for part 2 which feels so far away. If I had to choose between A) watching part 2 as normal, and B) getting $50,000 and never being able to finish (weird hypothetical is weird) I'm choosing A without hesitation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Loved it. It was great.

You already saw the last season? I thought it didn’t come out until May 13th. 

I am also hyped for season 4 of AOT. Only been able to watch the first two episodes of that season on Crunchyroll.

13 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I am also hyped for season 4 of AOT. Only been able to watch the first two episodes of that season on Crunchyroll.

The subtitle version is out on Hulu (the final episode isn’t up yet). I like dub version so I have the funimation app on Amazon Fire. It has all of the season 4 dub’ed epidode except the last episode that should release any week now. I’m through the third episode of season 4.

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The subtitle version is out on Hulu (the final episode isn’t up yet). I like dub version so I have the funimation app on Amazon Fire. It has all of the season 4 dub’ed epidode except the last episode that should release any week now. I’m through the third episode of season 4.

That’s great to hear about Castlevania.

34 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Oh oops...sorry...I was talking about AOT in season 4. 

No access to Castlevania yet..like everyone else

Does the funamination app let you skip commercials? Or is it the same as Crunchyroll?

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Does the funamination app let you skip commercials? Or is it the same as Crunchyroll?

No commercials. It's something like $9/month for a month, and cheaper the longer you go. It has pretty good content. I wish I would have had it a month ago...I would have been much more efficient with AOT...the commercials on Hulu take a tons of time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

Man, for both of you, it took me a while to get through the first 3 episodes of Attack on Titan S4 because I found it kind of dull and had no idea what was going on. But the season picks up and gets absolutely amazing. Really really good .

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

No commercials. It's something like $9/month for a month, and cheaper the longer you go. It has pretty good content. I wish I would have had it a month ago...I would have been much more efficient with AOT...the commercials on Hulu take a tons of time.

Funimation is definitely the best streaming service for dubbed content, but boy oh boy it has the worst interface/UI/ease of use of any streaming service ever. Netflix like 2006 puts it to shame. Hopefully they improve it at some point.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

No commercials on Funimation and dubbed episodes come out pop up a day after they come out.

Funimation is loaded with awesome content. It has most of the best anime except for the newer stuff on Crunchyroll.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Man, for both of you, it took me a while to get through the first 3 episodes of Attack on Titan S4 because I found it kind of dull and had no idea what was going on. But the season picks up and gets absolutely amazing. Really really good .

Funimation is definitely the best streaming service for dubbed content, but boy oh boy it has the worst interface/UI/ease of use of any streaming service ever. Netflix like 2006 puts it to shame. Hopefully they improve it at some point.

The beginning of the season kind of has to be slow to set things up. Once it gets going, like you said, it gets absolutely amazing. It's up there among my favorite seasons of anime ever. The nuance and storytelling gets better every time you rewatch.

29 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

No commercials on Funimation and dubbed episodes come out pop up a day after they come out.

Funimation is loaded with awesome content. It has most of the best anime except for the newer stuff on Crunchyroll.

The beginning of the season kind of has to be slow to set things up. Once it gets going, like you said, it gets absolutely amazing. It's up there among my favorite seasons of anime ever. The nuance and storytelling gets better every time you rewatch.

Hard for me to rank S1, S3, and S4. All very amazing. S2 was easily the worst if my memory serves me correct though.