Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hard for me to rank S1, S3, and S4. All very amazing. S2 was easily the worst if my memory serves me correct though.

That’s because S2 was short and felt more like a set up.

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hard for me to rank S1, S3, and S4. All very amazing. S2 was easily the worst if my memory serves me correct though.

Yeah, S2 is at the bottom. I wasn't big on the first half of season 3. The first half of S1, second half of S3, and S4 thus far would all be near the top of any anime arcs for me.

5 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah, S2 is at the bottom. I wasn't big on the first half of season 3. The first half of S1, second half of S3, and S4 thus far would all be near the top of any anime arcs for me.

Yeah first half of S1, second half of S3, and all of S4 after maybe the first four episodes, are the best. I fell in love with this show because of the non-stop Adrenaline, and no filler, and these parts of the show provide that in full-force. 

@Bullet Club Think we have pretty similar anime tastes. I think Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan, Black Clover, DBZ, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, My Hero Academia, and Death Note have to be my Top 7 in no specific order, and I’ve watched probably 60+ at this point. Yeah people say DBZ sucks, just nostalgia, blah blah, but it’s never leaving my Top 5, it put shonen on the map.  And nothing will ever beat DBZ’s ability to hype up fights before and during the fight (powerups, music, speeches, etc). Black Clover is another love/hate anime but it’s so much fun in my opinion, the characters are extremely well done, and the fight scenes are incredible. If it wasn’t for the fillers, and also, Naruto fans hating on it, it’d be talked about in a much higher regard. 

Demon Slayer has potential to be the GOAT, really hope they continue the epicness in S2. 

Anime >>>> Regular TV at this point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@Bullet Club Think we have pretty similar anime tastes. I think Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan, Black Clover, DBZ, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, My Hero Academia, and Death Note have to be my Top 7 in no specific order, and I’ve watched probably 60+ at this point. Yeah people say DBZ sucks, just nostalgia, blah blah, but it’s never leaving my Top 5, it put shonen on the map.  And nothing will ever beat DBZ’s ability to hype up fights before and during the fight (powerups, music, speeches, etc). Black Clover is another love/hate anime but it’s so much fun in my opinion, the characters are extremely well done, and the fight scenes are incredible. If it wasn’t for the fillers, and also, Naruto fans hating on it, it’d be talked about in a much higher regard. 

Demon Slayer has potential to be the GOAT, really hope they continue the epicness in S2. 

Anime >>>> Regular TV at this point. 

I've gotten to the point where I call regular TV "live action" because I watch so much more anime than normal shows 😅

Yeah, I agree. Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia are a tier above anything else for me though so I'm not sure if it's that way for you. I don't think Demon Slayer is in my top 10 but it's definitely top 20 and the movie certainly gives it a shot to enter that group. That and Jujutsu Kaizen are the ones that could jump a ton with multiple seasons.

I'm 100% with you on DBZ. It'd be tough to rewatch in full but the best moments and the Vegeta character arc will always be incredible. Seven Deadly Sins and Rising of The Shield Hero are some well within my top ten that you didn't mention so I'd give those a watch if you haven't. 

I would definitely have Demon Slayer above My Hero, and DS at least Top 3-4 overall. With My Hero probably around 6-7. Although you’re similar to my fiancee who is probably basically My Hero #1, Attack on Titan #2. But shes much higher on Demon Slayer than you, I’d say Demon Slayer and Black Clover are her #3/#4. 

Also, yes, JuJu Kaizen is a great anime that’s barely getting started. I’m not sure it would crack my Top 10 yet, but it’s pretty great and I’d recommend everyone watch it, especially if you’re into Demon Slayer. 

JuJu also has probably one of my favorite opening songs with their #2 opening song. Also love Black Clover #7 and #10. Black Clover always has some great opening themes. 

18 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm 100% with you on DBZ. It'd be tough to rewatch in full but the best moments and the Vegeta character arc will always be incredible. Seven Deadly Sins and Rising of The Shield Hero are some well within my top ten that you didn't mention so I'd give those a watch if you haven't. 

I’d say the best was the Namek/Frieza saga. So intense. And still realistic for an anime before it ventured off into a million powerups. Saiyan/Vegeta saga would be a close second for me. 

Toriyama did say it was suppose to end after the Frieza saga, Super Saiyan being the ultimate powerup, and Vegeta staying dead and being a sad death, but it was a major cash cow and Vegeta was a super popular character, so they continued the show and also brought Vegeta back. 

Was suppose to end again after Cell, but once again, a cash cow that was way too popular. Ending being Gohan takes the reigns. Show continued out of popularity and they made Goku lead again because he was wayyyyy too popular. Or in wrestling terms, “over”. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I would definitely have Demon Slayer above My Hero, and DS at least Top 3-4 overall. With My Hero probably around 6-7. Although you’re similar to my fiancee who is probably basically My Hero #1, Attack on Titan #2. But shes much higher on Demon Slayer than you, I’d say Demon Slayer and Black Clover are her #3/#4. 

Also, yes, JuJu Kaizen is a great anime that’s barely getting started. I’m not sure it would crack my Top 10 yet, but it’s pretty great and I’d recommend everyone watch it, especially if you’re into Demon Slayer. 

JuJu also has probably one of my favorite opening songs with their #2 opening song. Also love Black Clover #7 and #10. Black Clover always has some great opening themes. 

JuJu's opening you're talking about is amazing. I love it. My Hero hits me on every level. Demon Slayer dragged from 7ish to 13ish for me. Everything before and after was awesome.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I didn't really like this most recent season. Your thoughts?

Incredibly underwhelming. Swapping studios, unnecessary censorship, rushed schedule and squeezing too much content into one season ruined it. They last four episodes cover FIFTY chapters of the manga. That's insane. I have high hopes that the final season returns to form because the first two (or technically three I guess on Netflix) are incredible. Meliodas is my favorite anime character.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d say the best was the Namek/Frieza saga. So intense. And still realistic for an anime before it ventured off into a million powerups. Saiyan/Vegeta saga would be a close second for me. 

Toriyama did say it was suppose to end after the Frieza saga, Super Saiyan being the ultimate powerup, and Vegeta staying dead and being a sad death, but it was a major cash cow and Vegeta was a super popular character, so they continued the show and also brought Vegeta back. 

Was suppose to end again after Cell, but once again, a cash cow that was way too popular. Ending being Gohan takes the reigns. Show continued out of popularity and they made Goku lead again because he was wayyyyy too popular. Or in wrestling terms, “over”. 

I mean Vegeta's character arc not his saga. He has an amazing story. From essentially militant slave who couldn't rely on anything but his own strength to becoming a family man. The Buu saga isn't great but has some of the best character development in the show because of him.

Edited by Bullet Club

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I mean Vegeta's character arc not his saga. He has an amazing story. From essentially militant slave who couldn't rely on anything but his own strength to becoming a family man. The Buu saga isn't great but has some of the best character development in the show because of him.

Oh yeah, Final Atonement and Goku Super Saiyan 3 can definitely be argued as the two best scenes in the show, which are both in the Buu Saga. Although probably the 4th best saga arc. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Oh yeah, Final Atonement and Goku Super Saiyan 3 can definitely be argued as the two best scenes in the show, which are both in the Buu Saga. Although probably the 4th best saga arc. 

You'd get along with my friend group so well. Anime (specifically the ones we love), crypto, and sports.

@Bullet Club I agree re-watching all 276 episodes of DBZ would be rough… but I can’t do Kai either. Bruce Falconer is the GOAT. Some DBZ fans prefer the Japanese soundtrack… not me… I fully plan to buy the Dragon Boxes (only boxes that are BluRay with Falconer) one day. Although they don’t make them anymore and they cost a fortune on eBay. 

DBZ w/ Falconer, Demon Slayer, and Attack on Titan probably have the best sound tracks for any anime, at least for me. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@Bullet Club I agree re-watching all 276 episodes of DBZ would be rough… but I can’t do Kai either. Bruce Falconer is the GOAT. Some DBZ fans prefer the Japanese soundtrack… not me… I fully plan to buy the Dragon Boxes (only boxes that are BluRay with Falconer) one day. Although they don’t make them anymore and they cost a fortune on eBay. 

DBZ w/ Falconer, Demon Slayer, and Attack on Titan probably have the best sound tracks for any anime, at least for me. 

Funimation not having the Falconer version of DBZ is why I can't watch it on there at all. It's 1000% worse without his incredible music. Yeah, Attack on Titan has the best anime soundtrack in my opinion. One you didn't mention is Re: Zero which has some excellent music as well.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Funimation not having the Falconer version of DBZ is why I can't watch it on there at all. It's 1000% worse without his incredible music. Yeah, Attack on Titan has the best anime soundtrack in my opinion. One you didn't mention is Re: Zero which has some excellent music as well.

100%! Glad we agree on Falconer. Some DBZ fans, especially “Gen Z” prefer the Japanese music. I have watched the show with the Japanese music and it’s 10000x worse. Every moment that is suppose to be intense, feels emotionless and bland.