Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

19 hours ago, Xenos said:

Yeah I get it. I was a stickler for what “anime” really is as well. But glad you like the show also.

Actually, I could care less. Why do I need to differentiate between Anime and Anime style animation? Like I get it, purists are gonna purist but if it has all the same tropes and styles, who cares? The genre is evolving and and expanding beyond Japan. Deal. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 9:10 AM, Deadpulse said:

Actually, I could care less. Why do I need to differentiate between Anime and Anime style animation? Like I get it, purists are gonna purist but if it has all the same tropes and styles, who cares? The genre is evolving and and expanding beyond Japan. Deal. 

Speaking of which, go watch Castlevania on Netflix. Season 4 nails it’s landing and then some.

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Is this a thing? Is there a name for western anime?

There is a wikipedia page for "Anime Influenced Animation" but other than that I do not know. I do know that some hard weebs will get upset if you call something made in the west anime. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

There is a wikipedia page for "Anime Influenced Animation" but other than that I do not know. I do know that some hard weebs will get upset if you call something made in the west anime. 

Oh, then I'm definitely going to do it. 

• Like 1

I am here doing a watch through of Naruto/Shippuden for the first time all the way through without breaks for several months. Doing no fillers.

Let me say, I like these shows so much but they make the Uchiha stupid busted for no reason, and they completely powercreep the 4th Hokage.

Continuity Kishimoto.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 5:42 PM, Xenos said:

Castlevania Season 4: so far so good based on the first two episodes.

Finished it last night. Really good season. Amazing animation and fight scenes, as usual. Better than the last in terms of story, IMO. Sad to see that it was the series finale, but I think that was a nice conclusion for everyone. Was a great run for a show I had very little expectations for when it first came out.

I would rank the seasons:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Finished it last night. Really good season. Amazing animation and fight scenes, as usual. Better than the last in terms of story, IMO. Sad to see that it was the series finale, but I think that was a nice conclusion for everyone. Was a great run for a show I had very little expectations for when it first came out.

I would rank the seasons:

I rank 4 over 1 just because the latter was so short. There was probably only a couple of things that I would change about the ending.

How do post a spoiler tag on here again?

Edited by Xenos

12 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I rank 4 over 1 just because the latter was so short. There was probably only a couple of things that I would change about the ending.

How do post a spoiler tag on here again?

I believe the only way on the current version of the forum is to use the spoiler button in the editor (it's the eye icon all the way to the right on desktop).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I believe the only way on the current version of the forum is to use the spoiler button in the editor (it's the eye icon all the way to the right on desktop).

Spoiler

How Trevor was the only one to face Death didn’t make sense to me. They could have done a better job of showing how Alucard and Syphas were kept away from the fight. And I really wished they let Trevor die at the end.

6 minutes ago, Xenos said:
  Hide contents

How Trevor was the only one to face Death didn’t make sense to me. They could have done a better job of showing how Alucard and Syphas were kept away from the fight. And I really wished they let Trevor die at the end.

Spoiler

Yeah, I agree with that. I think the reason was that in the games, it's usually a Belmont who faces off with "Death". So maybe it was meant to just be an homage to the games? But as far as the anime is concerned, I would have preferred another team up by the trio, similar to their fight vs Dracula. And I saw Trevor surviving as soon as they panned to Saint Germain's key for a brief second during the fight, so it wasn't unexpected to me, but I do agree that if they were planning to conclude the series from the get go, it would have been better to end Trevor's story right there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Hide contents

Yeah, I agree with that. I think the reason was that in the games, it's usually a Belmont who faces off with "Death". So maybe it was meant to just be an homage to the games? But as far as the anime is concerned, I would have preferred another team up by the trio, similar to their fight vs Dracula. And I saw Trevor surviving as soon as they panned to Saint Germain's key for a brief second during the fight, so it wasn't unexpected to me, but I do agree that if they were planning to conclude the series from the get go, it would have been better to end Trevor's story right there.

Spoiler

Yeah I agree that the Dracula fight in season 2 is a great example of execution. It started out as a 3 on 1, then logistically progressed to end with Alucard vs his father. More of an emotional investment. And a great way to flip expectations since the games were almost about a Belmont versus Dracula.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I tried to get into Attack on Titan a while ago but after that almost 4 year break between S1 and S2 I kinda lost interest. It's popular currently but there's other shows I'd rather watch and get into lol.

Blasphemy