Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

I started Castlevania with my roommate. Finished the first two seasons. It's pretty good. Bummed about Dracula's demise. He was super interesting and didn't seem like we ended up with enough of him. I don't care for who I assume the new villain will be at all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Viking said:

Are you saying you don't like the pain arc or that it's the last good arc in the show? 

The pain arc/fight is one of the best fights I have seen.

i meant its the last good arc, that fight is the best in the whole series. After that it just fell off.

Dracula is great, as a fan of Symphony of the night Alucards movement/fight style was just perfection. Its the best game adaptation for me, i binged it of recommendation too im currently watching season 3.

I'd recommend Mushishi to everyone, give it a try.

Edited by ifeelasleep

I just finished castlevania a few days ago Issac was hands down the best character in the show. The series had it's bumps but it was enjoyable for the most part.

Spoiler

I didn't like that we didn't get to see proper closure/ending for him. He wasn't even in the the final 4 episodes don't get it. I also didn't like the fake out death of Trevor. It was very chessy for a dark and violent show imo.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 1:39 PM, ifeelasleep said:

i meant its the last good arc, that fight is the best in the whole series. After that it just fell off.

There's good moments here and there after, but it is a classic case of a creator clearly ready to retire the work.

The life and workload of a mangaka at that level is insane, draining, and unsustainable for most. Forced weekly installments are also not conducive to peak story/world construction. Masashi didn't have the clout or money of a guy like Togashi to just up and hiatus the story(Hunter x Hunter), so I think it's obvious to most that he wanted to sprint to the finish line and get out of the massive commitment to 'Naruto' that was such a drain on his life at the time.

It would've been awesome for him to take a year break or something to rest up, work out new directions for the series, and possible reignite his flame- but that just wasn't an option. 

Still remember how crazy fans went when he mentioned the finish line was in sight after the Pain Arc volume was released. The Shounen Jump overlords made sure to have him issue a clarifying statement afterwards too. You could tell what was up at that point.

Still though 'Naruto' and it's peaks are GOATed, and Masashi Kishimoto is a genre/era defining talent. 

23 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Currently watching Black Butler. I tried once months ago and didn't really get into it. But I've tried it again and I think I like it so far.

It's like Downton Abby but a (much darker) anime version.

...meets Sherlock?

Watched Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town. It's a pretty fun standard anime. The main difference is that the main character who is clueless is also extremely powerful and just thinks that he isn't. It works for a silly anime.