Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

I finished all of Demon Slayer in like a day and a half.  Excited for the movie. Demon Slayer has tons of charm and even thought I hated Zenitsu at first, he surprised me. The show balances a fine line between a very heartbreaking, dark show, to being funny and action-packed. I haven't seen much anime yet but this definitely sparked me to check out others. 

> Finished Fate/Zero (loved it) 

> Finished Demon Slayer 

> Started Neon Genesis

I think my plan is to work through some shorter shows while working on a longer one as well. I just can't settle on what longer one to sink time into.

I just lack focus and need a couple things to watch at a time.

21 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I watch subbed now even when its dubbed

yup, I prefer original Japanese voice actors over the mostly monotone American voice actors. Plus the words actually match up with the mouth movements. I don't understand more than 4 words of Japanese, but some of those VA's are incredible at conveying the whole spectrum of emotions. Always loved the guy who did Ikakku in Bleach. Nobuyuki Hiyama. 

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

yup, I prefer original Japanese voice actors over the mostly monotone American voice actors. Plus the words actually match up with the mouth movements. I don't understand more than 4 words of Japanese, but some of those VA's are incredible at conveying the whole spectrum of emotions. Always loved the guy who did Ikakku in Bleach. Nobuyuki Hiyama. 

no, i mean i do both :)

Just now, MikeT14 said:

There's no season 2 yet correct? I knew nothing about this anime until I heard the movie was shattering records. 

I think season two comes out in the Fall. The show hasn't been out that long.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 2:14 AM, Bullet Club said:

Promised Neverland season 2 concluded. I will now ignore it's existence and continue to refer to season 1 as the masterpiece that it is.

I watched 2 episodes of season 2 and was so disappointed and haven't even thought about watching the rest.

Anyone seen Record of Ragnarok on Netflix? Binged it this weekend and ended up really liking it. It's a bit different and fairly linear compared to the types of anime I'm used to, but I found it very much enjoyable. The third fight really resonated with me. Heard a lot of complaints from manga readers about the animation, but it's not bad IMO. It's not as good as something like the Fate series, but it's still respectable. Would definitely recommend.