Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

53 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Manga are books

ahh haha guess that shows how new i am to the whole genre or whatever thank you.

In that case has anyone read the yugioh series or the pokemon collectors edition? If so how are they? Went to Barnes a few days ago and got the first books in each series and look forward to them.

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

ahh haha guess that shows how new i am to the whole genre or whatever thank you.

In that case has anyone read the yugioh series or the pokemon collectors edition? If so how are they? Went to Barnes a few days ago and got the first books in each series and look forward to them.

The pokemon manga is strange in that it originates from a video game. It's solid. Basic shonen with some consistency issues. Art is typically solid though. 

Dont know ish about yugioh manga 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The pokemon manga is strange in that it originates from a video game. It's solid. Basic shonen with some consistency issues. Art is typically solid though. 

Dont know ish about yugioh manga 

I was surprised when i found out the main characters name was red and not ash in it.

3 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I was surprised when i found out the main characters name was red and not ash in it.

yea the anime is not based on the manga, the manga is based on the game. The anime is ultra Americanized because the popularity in America for the game had already been so damn outrageous they knew what they had. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

yea the anime is not based on the manga, the manga is based on the game. The anime is ultra Americanized because the popularity in America for the game had already been so damn outrageous they knew what they had. 

does the anime follow the show at any rate or not at all? i guess I look forward to it for the nostalgic reasons

On 6/29/2021 at 1:12 AM, Bullet Club said:

Can confirm, first half of the season (guess that's all they released?) is a return to form. Very happy right now.

Oh thank god. I watched it and was worried when it just abruptly ended.

I've been trying to parse what happened and I've been so disappointed. Good to know there are 12 more episodes left. That makes much more sense.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I don't know how many of you are fans but they got the first 13 dubbed Shaman King episodes from the new edition of it on Netflix. I like it alot. I don't like some of the voices they picked at first but they're growing on me. Definitely is a much more serious toned anime than the 2000s edition.