Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

• 2 weeks later...

I still stand by my opinion that season 1 of AOT was like a 5/10. But from season 3 on it's been absolutely insane. Must watch TV at this point.

The new season of Demon Slayer comes out in a couple weeks but personally I'm most excited about Hell's Paradise and Oshi no Ko this season.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy **** that first episode of Oshi no Ko was even better than I thought. It's currently ranked as the #2 anime of all time on scoring sites with an average score of 90% after just that first episode haha. If you're interested, it is best to avoid the internet too much and jump straight into it. I've read the manga but I was still surprised at how good of an adaption it was. It's by the guy who wrote Kaguya-sama Love is War but it's a completely different genre

Hell's Paradise, Heavenly Delusion, and Demon Slayer are all also interesting in that order.

6 minutes ago, Geek said:

Holy **** that first episode of Oshi no Ko was even better than I thought. It's currently ranked as the #2 anime of all time on scoring sites with an average score of 90% after just that first episode haha. If you're interested, it is best to avoid the internet too much and jump straight into it. I've read the manga but I was still surprised at how good of an adaption it was. It's by the guy who wrote Kaguya-sama Love is War but it's a completely different genre

Hell's Paradise, Heavenly Delusion, and Demon Slayer are all also interesting in that order.

I'll have to check it out. I read the first chapters of the manga and I was like ??? but I'm still interested in where it goes.

9 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I'll have to check it out. I read the first chapters of the manga and I was like ??? but I'm still interested in where it goes.

It's a really great manga. You'll get a feel for what it's really about after the first episode. Just be aware the first episode is movie-length so you gotta put aside some time for it.

58 minutes ago, Geek said:

It's a really great manga. You'll get a feel for what it's really about after the first episode. Just be aware the first episode is movie-length so you gotta put aside some time for it.

Well I read about 20 chapters in. I'm not a fan of the "b plot" (i forgot how to spoiler tag) as opposed to the initial motivation of the MC.

Edited by General Tso

8 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Well I read about 20 chapters in. I'm not a fan of the "b plot" (i forgot how to spoiler tag) as opposed to the initial motivation of the MC.

tbh I don't particularly remember what happens around those chapters but the manga as a whole uses it's arcs to push the MC closer to his overarching goal. So pretty much each arc is a (minor spoiler)

Spoiler

different look each aspect of the entertainment industry and how explotative it is. The MC's have to learn to navagate it in order to get closer to their father.

btw the spoiler tag is the little eye button on the editor.

2 minutes ago, Geek said:

tbh I don't particularly remember what happens around those chapters but the manga as a whole uses it's arcs to push the MC closer to his overarching goal. So pretty much each arc is a (minor spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

different look each aspect of the entertainment industry and how explotative it is. The MC's have to learn to navagate it in order to get closer to their father.

btw the spoiler tag is the little eye button on the editor.

Spoiler

Nice, I got it to work. I don't like how much they focus on the entertainment industry. I understand it gets him further to revenge, but I want the pace faster lol.

5 minutes ago, General Tso said:
  Hide contents

Nice, I got it to work. I don't like how much they focus on the entertainment industry. I understand it gets him further to revenge, but I want the pace faster lol.

Spoiler

There are definitely plenty of twists and turns left but tbh the exploration of the entertainment industry is the vehicle in which pretty much the rest of the story is told.

Been reading so much manga lately:

I'm caught up on Solo Leveling, it's really enjoyable.

Tomb Raider King, also similar sort of feel in some way, but also quite enjoyable. 

Slow Life in Another World (I Wish!) has more fan service than I'd like, but is an interesting storyline which is nice. 

Am I Actually The Strongest first book was strong, second book was just okay.

Started Watching:

Toma-Chan is a Girl and it's a fun anime.

Still working my way through Slime, it ebbs and flows but is generally a fun one.

Started watching Smartphone in Another World and it's again fine, not great but not bad, one I want to dive into more.

And Don't Toy with me Ms Nagatora which is a blast. I've read a lot of it as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just started watching Anime. Death Note was so incredible. Talk about a sophisticated show with a great story!

im watching One Piece now and I really like it. I’m only on season one still but I’ve really enjoyed it.

What recommendations do you have for a complete newbie with no knowledge of the genre 

• Like 2