WhoDatNation returns with a Mock

WhoDatNation

Key Releases/Not Retained: Coby Bust Fleener, Kenny Vacarro, Willie Snead, Senio Kelemente, Tommy Lee Lewis

Resigned: Drew Brees, Delvin Breaux, Brandon Coleman (even though he sucks), Alex Okafor

Free Agency: Jimmy Graham, Tavon Austin, obviously Kurt Coleman, DJ Fluker, Jeff Janis

Draft: 

Round 1. Rashaan Evans ILB Bama

Round 3. Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia

Round 4. Ade Aruna DE Tulane

Round 5a. Kyle Lauletta QB Richmond

Round 5b. Danny Johnson CB Southern

Round 6a. Lowell Letulila DT Utah

Round 6b. Chris Herndon TE Miami

Round 7. KJ Malone OG LSU

I could live with this as the available LBers and DEs available/worth our pick will be very tentative.  Heck there could even be a CB that is rated higher than any LB or DE available that we end up going for with the way this draft looks like it might unfold.

Love Evans to the Saints... Ideal fit and body type for us. Hes def in my cloud of prospects for the 27th pick. Personally I feel he'll be gone by 27 but a player im liking more and more is Louisville corner Jarie Alexander. I also really like Florida defensive tackle/end Taven Bryan and Boise St linebacker Leighton Vander Esch as well.

As I see it, the Saints actually are not hurting as badly as the recent past. They need a few pieces to bring it together. I mean, we just about made it to the NFC Championship Game. And, IMO, the game was not played to their potential.

I can get on board with your mock though I do feel (even if Graham comes back) they still target a TE as @JMG5 alluded to.

9 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lauletta is getting overshadowed in this stacked draft class. He’s really good. 

I like him... Dont like the Jimmy G comps tho. I get why people say that because the kid is very accurate but he dosent have the arm talent Jimmy G had coming out.

Honestly... Im starting to think the Saints are quietly gearing up to position themselves for a quarterback in this draft. Im not buying the Taysom Hill is our future talk and I see the Baker Mayfield workout as a smoke screen. Im not saying they will be able to make it happen but I do believe that the Saints will try to get up in the top 10-11 picks for a shot at either Darnold, Rosen or Allen.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I like him... Dont like the Jimmy G comps tho. I get why people say that because the kid is very accurate but he dosent have the arm talent Jimmy G had coming out.

Honestly... Im starting to think the Saints are quietly gearing up to position themselves for a quarterback in this draft. Im not buying the Taysom Hill is our future talk and I see the Baker Mayfield workout as a smoke screen. Im not saying they will be able to make it happen but I do believe that the Saints will try to get up in the top 10-11 picks for a shot at either Darnold, Rosen or Allen.

I really think all 3 of those go top 10.  I would much rather Lamar Jackson than Baker Mayfield.  Better physical attributes and coachable flaws.

23 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Mayfield is essentially a young Sean Payton. I’m pretty confident that he will be the guy we move up to get. Payton doesn’t want to see the next QB crumble due to Brees’s competitiveness. 

Valid points... Cockiness and arrogance are traits Payton likes in his players. Michael Thomas, Marshon Lattimore, Mark Ingram, Kenny Vaccaro, Vonn Bell, Ken Crawley, Alvin Kamara... He dosent shy away from guys like that. He also values quiet hard working humble guys as well but reguardless if they are cocky guys or humble guys, hard working, high character, team players and love of football appears to be the traits this front office covets most... Does Mayfield fot that description?

We'll find out

Archived