Cory Longville

Cut 
Muhammad Wilkerson 
Buster Skrine 
James Carpenter 

Sign  
Kirk Cousins- We get our guy. 

Zack Fulton- Versatile player that will Be our starting center 

Justin Pugh- Solid guard with tackle versatility who is well versed in the zone blocking scheme

EJ Gaines- Like this kid a lot. He’s a fighter on the boundary but could also kick it inside to cover slot guys 

Malcom Butler- I think Jets fans will like this guy once he’s in our colors. He’s by no means a shut down corner but he’s scrappy and makes timely big plays. Plus he wants to stick to the Pats more than any player in the league so that’s just a bonus. 

Resign 
Demario Davis 
Josh McCown 
Quincy Enunwa 
Kony Ealy

Draft 

1st Round 
Bradley Chubb EDGE North Carolina State - We finally get the guy off the edge who offenses have to worry about and game plan for. His presence will open lanes up for Leonard and Jenkins 

2nd round 
37- Jaire Alexander CB Louisville- The kid blew up the combine. I loved him before because of his bulldog mentality and his ability to play both outside and the slot but now you throw 4.3 speed into the mix and you might have something very special. 

49- Mike Gesicki TE Penn State - I’m not as huge on bringing ASJ back as many are. He was no doubt an upgrade over what we had the previous couple of years but it seemed at times that if we weren’t in the red zone he was a non factor. With this pick we bring in an absolute physical specimen who like Alexander tested off the charts at the combine. 

3rd round
Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn- I don’t think his straight line speed will wow anyone so GMs might draft other RBs who test a little better in front of him and forget how good a football player this kid is. He runs with a patience and sudden burst that can’t be taught. Reminds me of a young Frank Gore. 

4th round 
Marcell Ateman WR Oklahoma State- This could be the steal of the draft. Their are some concerns about him only having one year of production and not running an NFL route tree in college, but this kid has some tools. He’s a natural hands catcher which you don’t often see with players his size and he his terrific with jump balls. I think early on he could be a solid red zone target with eventually developing into an above average WR 2. 

5th round 
James Hearns EDGE Louisville- Not the greatest athlete but someone who found a way to apply pressure in college. Was also solid in coverage when asked to drop back so he is a good fit for the 3-4 OLB position. 

6th 
Joshua Frazier DE Alabama- He was never able to crack the starting lineup at Bama but the kid has talent. He was a top 100 recruit in highschool and flashed on tape in some plays. You’ll never get much of a pass rush from him but at his best he might turn into a rotational D line piece who can set a solid edge against the run 

7th 
Daniel Carlson PK Auburn- A highly decorated college kicker whose 15 and 16 seasons were lights out before he hit some struggles this past year. You hope he finds his old form and takes the job and runs with it. 

Depth Chart 
Cousins McCown 
Johnson Powell McGuire 
Anderson Enunwa Kearse Ateman 
Gesicki Tomlinson 
Beachum 
Winters 
Fulton 
Pugh 
Shell 

Pennel Ealy 
McClendon 
Williams Foster 
Jenkins Martin 
Lee
Davis 
Chubb Mauldin Hearns 
Butler 
Adams 
Maye 
Gaines 
Alexander 

Edwards 
Carlson

I don'y like this at all.

i think the biggest mistake the Jets can make this year is signing Cousins. They guy can not win big games and he does not have the "it" factor. I don't want to be stuck with a guy that will slow decrease from day one. I think signing Cousins will set us back another 2-3 years. This years draft is loaded with talent at the QB spot and so is the FA. i would rather sign Teddy B., Keenum, Bradford, A.J Mc, Foles or even McCown over Cousins. These guys can can be had a lot cheaper and you can go and get some great OL guys that are in FA. Signing Cousins would be like Neil O'Donnell all over again. There is a reason why the Redskins did not sign Cousins back. This is not a Manning, Brees situation where the guy is coming off major surgery. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

i think the biggest mistake the Jets can make this year is signing Cousins. They guy can not win big games and he does not have the "it" factor. I don't want to be stuck with a guy that will slow decrease from day one. I think signing Cousins will set us back another 2-3 years. This years draft is loaded with talent at the QB spot and so is the FA. i would rather sign Teddy B., Keenum, Bradford, A.J Mc, Foles or even McCown over Cousins. These guys can can be had a lot cheaper and you can go and get some great OL guys that are in FA. Signing Cousins would be like Neil O'Donnell all over again. There is a reason why the Redskins did not sign Cousins back. This is not a Manning, Brees situation where the guy is coming off major surgery. 

Saying you don’t like it at all because I got us a franchise quarterback that you happen not to like is a reach. And for the life of me I don’t understand the Cousins hate. He’s started 3 full years in the NFL and the one year where he had all his receivers , a healthy O-line and Jordan Reed he almost threw for 5,000. He’s been an above average quarterback all three years but only had above average Weapons 1 of those years. Protect him, give him some playmakers and continue to grow the deffense and you could win a super bowl. And the arguement “ The Redskins let him go for a reason” is hilarious to me as if Dan Schneider and the Redskins have a great track record with free agency and just general decision making. 

Are you joking ? No tackle signed or drafted . You are happy with tackle play ? You must not have been watching the same team i was !! There is not one tackle on the jets that should be playing in the NFL period !!

On 3/9/2018 at 5:05 PM, jets1970 said:

Are you joking ? No tackle signed or drafted . You are happy with tackle play ? You must not have been watching the same team i was !! There is not one tackle on the jets that should be playing in the NFL period !!

Our OTs were solid when Shell was healthy, Guard and Center are our biggest problem in terms of OL.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, jetfuel34 said:

Agreed 100%. 

On 3/9/2018 at 5:05 PM, jets1970 said:

If you don’t think Kelvin Beachum should be in the NFL then you are clearly the one that didn’t watch enough football. 

On 3/9/2018 at 4:05 PM, jets1970 said:

Beachum and Shell are actually pretty good OTs. The interior of the line was the issue last season. The issue at OT is that Beachum will be 29 this year and is cuttable next offseason when he’s be 30. So next offseason a LT will be a need. Maybe we draft a guy mid Rounds this year to we a swing OT this year and then start next year. Or we just attack LT next offseason in FA or draft.

Archived