What’s your Big board look like, if these players are available

#39 Fan

Hello my fellow Rams supporters!

what does your Big board look like, assuming the following players are still available? All of these players likely won’t still be available, but ~85-90% of them could very well be when the Rams turn in their Card. How would you rank them? Give me your top 6, in preference. 

Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame

Rashaan Evans, LB Bama 

Sam Hubbard, OLB Ohio State

will Hernandez, G UTEP

Leighton Vander Esch, LB Boise

Harold Landry, OLB BC

Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville 

Mike Hughes, CB UCF

Donte Jackson, CB LSU

Josh Sweat, Edge FSU

Courtland Sutton, WR SMU

Marcus Davenport, Edge UTSA

Ronnie Harrison, S Bama

Taven Bryan, DL Florida 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Harold Landry and Leighton Vander Esch would be my top two. I haven't watched Davenport yet. If he's good, he'd be in the mix.

I agree. Bryan and Sweat intrigue me as well. Plus I'm assuming you think DJ Moore will be taken?

Top 6 would be:

Vita Vea
Harold Landry
Rashaan Evans
Marcus Davenport
Sam Hubbard
Da'Ron Payne

There's a fairly big gap after Vea and Landry. Davenport scares me because he has a very low floor to go with his insanely high ceiling, but I think the fact that we have Son of Bum would help him a ton.

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Harold Landry and Leighton Vander Esch would be my top two. I haven't watched Davenport yet. If he's good, he'd be in the mix.

On potential alone Davenport should top this list of players. ESPECIALLY if we are taking that chance in the 20s. I understand fans of teams picking in the 8-14 range being guarded, due to the small school, but he is by far the most talented of this list.

If McGlinchey is sitting there for us, that would also be very hard to pass up. He is in no way flashy, but he has all the right tools to be a Top 15 LT in the league for years. And at the very least should be a reliable starter somewhere along the line his entire career.

I am extremely intrigued by Vander Esch, he could be a very nice QB of this defense. But as his stock soars, people are really sour on Evans for some reason, i wouldnt hate him as our first pick, not a flashy pick, but a good one.

Honestly, looking at the talent that will be available at the 20-40 range, i would love it if the Browns finally get smart. Sign McCarron, draft Barkly/Nelson with 1 & 4, and are looking to move up from 33 to grab Mayfield for their future. That is our ideal scenario, recoup a pick (eyeing up 64 they own from the Eagles) and still pull in some good talent at #33.

This would be my top 5.  I'm hoping Davenport isn't available (and he likely won't be), because I'm conflicted on him, but if he was, it'd be hard to not take the chance on him:

Harold Landry, OLB BC

Leighton Vander Esch, LB Boise

Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville

Rashaan Evans, LB Bama 

I think Harold Landry is a lot less of a slam dunk pick than he has seemed to have turned into around here in the past week.

I worry he is alot of what we were just dealing with in Quinn. Not a complete LB, mostly a pass rush artist at this point (and not a complete one) but not a whole lot in the area of a run defender.

9 hours ago, chris00cm said:

I agree. Bryan and Sweat intrigue me as well. Plus I'm assuming you think DJ Moore will be taken?

A WR in the first round just doesnt interest me. I don't think Sweat has first round film.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:22 AM, jrry32 said:

A WR in the first round just doesnt interest me. I don't think Sweat has first round film.

Question was directed to OP, but I personally think it's the ideal spot to get the best receiver in the draft.

I think we can take ILB off our board for the first round. Albert Breer put out an article that Wade's defenses typically have used late to undrafted ILB's due to them just plugging gaps and playing instinctually. Oversized freak athletes are not necessary to succeed. Wade's defenses spend money on the perimeter so depending on FA, i expect the pick at 23 to be CB or OLB barring someone dropping far unexpectedly.

1 hour ago, chris00cm said:

Question was directed to OP, but I personally think it's the ideal spot to get the best receiver in the draft.

We don't need the best WR in the Draft.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think we can take ILB off our board for the first round. Albert Breer put out an article that Wade's defenses typically have used late to undrafted ILB's due to them just plugging gaps and playing instinctually. Oversized freak athletes are not necessary to succeed. Wade's defenses spend money on the perimeter so depending on FA, i expect the pick at 23 to be CB or OLB barring someone dropping far unexpectedly.

Credit to @The LBC on this one.

Harold Landry, OLB BC

Leighton Vander Esch, LB Boise <--- but I'm fairly confident he won't be this high on the team's big board or isn't a realistic pick for us in the 1st

Rashaan Evans, LB Bama 

Mike Hughes, CB UCF <--- If I'm going from the list provided, I might actually sub in someone else myself.

These are, of course, my preferences.  I kind of expect Wade to prefer Davenport over Landry, and that doesn't necessarily concern me because the combination of Wade and Barry is one that, as individual, these guys have a more-than-solid track record of developing edge-rushers who needed to clean-up and add to their technique to harness their athletic gifts... which is Davenport to a "T."

Archived