The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I know this might sound crazy.... but I like it in theory. But the whole trade is surrounded by the offseason. If the Knicks can get KD and maybe someone else it was big time worth it. But if they miss on the big 4 FAs... it’s an awful trade. The irony of DSJ getting traded to us when we should have drafted him is kinda comical to me... bc Nitikina is not good at all.

The problem for me is why trade a 23 year old all star (admittedly he’s injured at the min) in the HOPES you can make a big splash in FA and luck into the #1 pick. Even if it all comes off it’s such a huge risk. They best get it right as KP will light it up next year so the Knicks best had too. 

I know it’s ironic to say the the least about DSJ. Should already have him on the team but gutted we’ve had to trade KP away to get him in. 

Do you think we should of got a bigger return?? 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

The problem for me is why trade a 23 year old all star (admittedly he’s injured at the min) in the HOPES you can make a big splash in FA and luck into the #1 pick. Even if it all comes off it’s such a huge risk. They best get it right as KP will light it up next year so the Knicks best had too. 

I know it’s ironic to say the the least about DSJ. Should already have him on the team but gutted we’ve had to trade KP away to get him in. 

Do you think we should of got a bigger return?? 

I think as for value we got great value. DSJ is very good talent and young (exactly what the Knicks need) and at a position we need bc Ntikina hasn't been what Phil thought he would be. Odds are now that Ntikina is just a defensive piece, bench player. Knox hopefully only gets better and better. Trier is a nice bench piece. I imagine we try trading away Mudiay and Kanter still. I think we buyout Jordan and Matthews to ensure we lose games to guarantee us Zion or Barrett hopefully.

But like I said this whole trade is circled around going after FAs. Clearing cap and going after 1 or 2 of KD, Irving and Leonard. Knicks get 1 or 2 of them and draft a great player and its a win. They cant attract any FAs and draft a guy and its a loss. So its hard to tell as of now if its a win or not. I also like grabbing those 2 1st from Dallas. Bc I think we use them as trade chips.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think as for value we got great value. DSJ is very good talent and young (exactly what the Knicks need) and at a position we need bc Ntikina hasn't been what Phil thought he would be. Odds are now that Ntikina is just a defensive piece, bench player. Knox hopefully only gets better and better. Trier is a nice bench piece. I imagine we try trading away Mudiay and Kanter still. I think we buyout Jordan and Matthews to ensure we lose games to guarantee us Zion or Barrett hopefully.

But like I said this whole trade is circled around going after FAs. Clearing cap and going after 1 or 2 of KD, Irving and Leonard. Knicks get 1 or 2 of them and draft a great player and its a win. They cant attract any FAs and draft a guy and its a loss. So its hard to tell as of now if its a win or not. I also like grabbing those 2 1st from Dallas. Bc I think we use them as trade chips.

Dennis Smith Jr is a great talent no question but he’s not the elite talent/potential freak that KP is. Obviously I’m going to try and take the positives from the trade but if Smith flops here and we don’t lure the FA superstars we’ve set ourselves up for then we are ****ed no question about it! 

I would of loved to get Zion and Durant/Kyrie whilst getting a healthy KP back though. Let’s see what happens but with the Knicks it usually ends up in disaster lol 

I’ll be stepping down as a MOD in the coming days. I’ll continue to be active on here... I just don’t care to deal with the stress of some people’s attacking styles on here, sensitivity when someone disagrees with them, etc.

Good luck to whoever the next MOD is. Hopefully they can get this forum back to the way it was years ago. Before some have came in and really hurt this forum.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 7:21 AM, Bobby816 said:

I’ll be stepping down as a MOD in the coming days. I’ll continue to be active on here... I just don’t care to deal with the stress of some people’s attacking styles on here, sensitivity when someone disagrees with them, etc.

Good luck to whoever the next MOD is. Hopefully they can get this forum back to the way it was years ago. Before some have came in and really hurt this forum.

That’s a shame man you do a solid job. What ever happened to Davey or Greeny who became NewAge. Good posters, solid MODs too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

That’s a shame man you do a solid job. What ever happened to Davey or Greeny who became NewAge. Good posters, solid MODs too. 

I believe they got a bit tired of the way the forum had turned as well. It’s a shame bc long tenured posters like, you and I (among several others) still know how to debate and talk to people. Some new members just don’t. And as a MOD with 2 jobs and a baby, I just don’t have time to babysit name calling and sensitivity from some. I hope they choose a good new MOD. 

• Like 2

On 09/02/2019 at 12:21 PM, Bobby816 said:

That’s a shame mate. Glad your still staying around on here though. I did love the old forum to be fair. 

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I believe they got a bit tired of the way the forum had turned as well. It’s a shame bc long tenured posters like, you and I (among several others) still know how to debate and talk to people. Some new members just don’t. And as a MOD with 2 jobs and a baby, I just don’t have time to babysit name calling and sensitivity from some. I hope they choose a good new MOD. 

Yeah man I hope you stick around. Good luck with the other endeavors. Being a father obviously will always take precedent. Despite who thinks what we should do and amongst us all everyone has difference of opinion, this board has always been strong and we need everyone’s opinions and personalities on here.