The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

On 11/6/2020 at 9:50 AM, xenajets said:

Yes mate I’m very very lucky believe me I know that. And 24hrs on it doesn’t feel as bad as it did yesterday. 

With my wife being 21 weeks pregnant and having a full blown meltdown yesterday (1st day of our national lockdown too!) it felt like everything was going wrong but we have some clarity now that Wednesday we will be in officially so that’s good. I think it all happened at once too which meant I couldn’t plan or control anything which was why we were so worried too. 

Similar thing with us we got really lucky as the house we are buying as been massively extended (I can’t even put a shelf up so I’m not good at DIY lol) so we will never have to move again but it’s been very stressful in truth. 

That sounds great....please keep me updated with everything and how your getting on. Nice big place for when we come over for vacation to Dallas and stay with you 😉

Appreciate it mate; baby is due March so got some time to get used to the new house, then Christmas then the baby. Busy year lol!!! 

Just catching up on this topic, so congratulations. I also have two sons (born 4/83, 11/84) and a daughter (5/88). Fortunately we never had to deal with a pandemic but still I got to admit there were some tough and busy years but I wouldn’t change a thing. 

On 11/19/2020 at 3:00 AM, xenajets said:

Man I’m hopeful but the knicks have burnt me just as bad as the Jets....

Sigh, I remember being a Knicks fan years ago... back when Alan Houston was dropping threes. So much fun to watch. The decades of sucking really just made me apathetic to them. Like, they are still the NBA team I root for, but between their pure suckyness and the rampant flopping and me first basketball that has dominated the sport has really just eroded my NBA fandom. I'm down to watching like a game or two a season outside of maybe the Finals.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I see where Jack Garcia,   A five star QB recruit decommitted  from USC . I guess he read my  post on USC QB'S. 

No he's probably like every Californian... trying to get the heck out of there and move. There's a worry in Texas bc there's so many Californians moving here this last year and even more are dying to come here. That it might mess up our state.

The saying is.... Dont California Our Texas

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No he's probably like every Californian... trying to get the heck out of there and move. There's a worry in Texas bc there's so many Californians moving here this last year and even more are dying to come here. That it might mess up our state.

LOL I live in Maine and I'm seeing a lot of people with Texas tags up here. Are people playing musical states?

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Seeing the same thing here in PA, but it is the New Yorkers coming in. Houses are selling the day they hit the market and for over the asking price. Hospitals are getting full with COVID patients mostly from NY. Same thing happened after 9/11. In fact that is when we moved here.

All this and I still can’t get the Jets games because they are not televised.  Luckily I have other means to watch live.

5 hours ago, xrade said:

Seeing the same thing here in PA, but it is the New Yorkers coming in. Houses are selling the day they hit the market and for over the asking price. Hospitals are getting full with COVID patients mostly from NY. Same thing happened after 9/11. In fact that is when we moved here.

All this and I still can’t get the Jets games because they are not televised.  Luckily I have other means to watch live.

Same here in New Hampshire with Massachusetts people. With covid issues,including the explosion of being able to work from home, people from larger cities or States with higher cost of living are moving to nearby States with lower rates. Cali is going to have a fairly large exodus because the cost of living there is staggering due in large part to the amazing weather they have.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

Same here in New Hampshire with Massachusetts people. With covid issues,including the explosion of being able to work from home, people from larger cities or States with higher cost of living are moving to nearby States with lower rates. Cali is going to have a fairly large exodus because the cost of living there is staggering due in large part to the amazing weather they have.

Yup. And Texas and Florida are big states being affected by this bc we have no state tax, the price of living cheaper, etc. 

But lay thing we want here in TX is having out of state people come here and try and change the way the state is ran. And up the price of living here.

A little FF rant....I feel bad for some posters on here who ask for advice on certain things, particularly health.  The masses are so incredibly both uninformed and misinformed yet we take advice from strangers hiding behind a key board.  This one guy is talking about changing his diet so he doesn't have to get a heart transplant and these guys are giving some really bad advice!!  Then I chime in, I do this for a living actually, and I'm the crazy one lol.

57 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

yet we take advice from strangers hiding behind a key board.  This

This is one of the reasons why I tell my wife to avoid WebMD or any other medical diagnostic site. If an individual has a medical condition they should see a doctor and forego “internet advice “.

• Like 1

This is how crazy my luck is: 

I started getting help for my mental health and found better ways to do certain things. Then I get a call from my manager that someone I had brunch with tested positive for Covid. I tested negative,  but now I'm in quarantine from work and waiting to retest. Lol