The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

Nothing at all to do with football.....

But there’s rumors of a 2nd stimulus check maybe being approved next week or the week after. My wife is on paternity leave still from our 9 week old and doesn’t go back until 17 weeks and she’s been getting her full salary still. I’ve been having to work this whole time and have actually gotten hazard pay on top of that. So we are good finically which we are thankful for. We both didn’t qualify for the 1st stimulus check since we both make too much. But this 2nd check is for people making under 130k apparently which we each barely qualify for. Since we don’t need the money and if you don’t either... I highly suggest not using that money on you. Use it to support small businesses get back on their feet. Support those family owned restaurants that are hurting. If you go on vacation don’t use a chain hotel. Use a small boutique maybe, etc. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, Bobby816 said:

Nothing at all to do with football.....

But there’s rumors of a 2nd stimulus check maybe being approved next week or the week after. My wife is on paternity leave still from our 9 week old and doesn’t go back until 17 weeks and she’s been getting her full salary still. I’ve been having to work this whole time and have actually gotten hazard pay on top of that. So we are good finically which we are thankful for. We both didn’t qualify for the 1st stimulus check since we both make too much. But this 2nd check is for people making under 130k apparently which we each barely qualify for. Since we don’t need the money and if you don’t either... I highly suggest not using that money on you. Use it to support small businesses get back on their feet. Support those family owned restaurants that are hurting. If you go on vacation don’t use a chain hotel. Use a small boutique maybe, etc. 

Agreed I'm not just banking that, I've been selfishly putting it into my own small business ;) and supporting local/US business.  Tuesday I will be supporting the local burrito and margarita restaurants. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If we get a 2nd stim check I’ll be hyped, not getting hazard pay from my job so every penny counts

IDK what you do but I think it's BS that people like you and Bobby have to go to work then I get to sit home and get paid a decent amount by the government. And some people are making MORE off unemployment than they were at their regular jobs. The fair thing to do is to give something to people who are still working.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

IDK what you do but I think it's BS that people like you and Bobby have to go to work then I get to sit home and get paid a decent amount by the government. And some people are making MORE off unemployment than they were at their regular jobs. The fair thing to do is to give something to people who are still working.

Ya my hazard pay is 20% and the start date of it is pretty BS. They said our work wasn’t Hazardous until the end of March. When our directors 1st emails regarding the virus were the 1st week of March. Which the difference of 4 weeks of 20% hazard pay is pretty significant.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya my hazard pay is 20% and the start date of it is pretty BS. They said our work wasn’t Hazardous until the end of March. When our directors 1st emails regarding the virus were the 1st week of March. Which the difference of 4 weeks of 20% hazard pay is pretty significant.

Whether it's hazardous or not you still have to work and get paid the same while millions stay home and get paid decently. 

Yes some will be crippled or lose jobs all together but if we are getting an extra $600 per week why not the people who are still working?

8 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Whether it's hazardous or not you still have to work and get paid the same while millions stay home and get paid decently. 

Yes some will be crippled or lose jobs all together but if we are getting an extra $600 per week why not the people who are still working?

I have a fellow supervisor of a different area that I don’t see eye to eye on much with. And he said our OT that we’ve been getting is our hazard pay. I couldn’t have disagreed with him more. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I have a fellow supervisor of a different area that I don’t see eye to eye on much with. And he said our OT that we’ve been getting is our hazard pay. I couldn’t have disagreed with him more. 

Did he not want a receiver in round one bro?! 😉

• Like 1

One or my jobs is at UPS(I work as an Unloaded and Bulk guy in the preload shift) I’m handling thousands of packages a day from across the country and put myself at risk from catching it from not only my co-workers but also from the contact from the packages themselves. It sucks cause our Union doesn’t seem to be making a push for any form of hazard pay whatsoever. It pisses me off cause me personally I’m not afraid of the virus for myself because I’m your average healthy adult but currently I live with my parents and they’re both in that sort of high risk factor group where they’re both at or around 60yo and both have health conditions, the idea of potentially bringing it home to them scares me and the least they could do is give us hazard pay to at least incentivize it for me to come in with that risk.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dr.O said:

One or my jobs is at UPS(I work as an Unloaded and Bulk guy in the preload shift) I’m handling thousands of packages a day from across the country and put myself at risk from catching it from not only my co-workers but also from the contact from the packages themselves. It sucks cause our Union doesn’t seem to be making a push for any form of hazard pay whatsoever. It pisses me off cause me personally I’m not afraid of the virus for myself because I’m your average healthy adult but currently I live with my parents and they’re both in that sort of high risk factor group where they’re both at or around 60yo and both have health conditions, the idea of potentially bringing it home to them scares me and the least they could do is give us hazard pay to at least incentivize it for me to come in with that risk.

That’s not good mate. Things are still the same this side of the pond. No real changes but there will be an update on Wednesday which we may find out some new info.
It’s been eight weeks since we had to close our business and all I’m doing now is just using the cash in the business to pay for bills etc. It’s okay for now as the government is contributing 80% of wages for staff. But eventually that money will just run out.
Still have all my personal bills etc that always need paying with nothing coming in. The time has been great to spend with my wife and kids though so I’m luckier than most. Haven’t been able to see my parents, brother, sister etc though which has been ****. 

I put together some flat pack furniture the other day though and I genuinely thought I would kill my wife though lol. Maybe this quarantine is messing with my brain lol!! 

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 2:25 PM, Dr.O said:

Yeah, bro - I feel you

Its the parents you have to worry about / older people who can't handle it as well as us

Stay safe out there

A lot of people don't care about secondary passing on.  It is good thing that you concern about that.  Hopefully, more people feel the same way.    Lockdown is about to be eased up but stocks for disinfectant material remains empty so we will never be safe from virus for long time.

Anyway,  anyone watched All Rise episode last night?  It is damn good.  It is best skye-like story since John Cho's Searching.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

A lot of people don't care about secondary passing on.  It is good thing that you concern about that.  Hopefully, more people feel the same way.    Lockdown is about to be eased up but stocks for disinfectant material remains empty so we will never be safe from virus for long time.

Anyway,  anyone watched All Rise episode last night?  It is damn good.  It is best skye-like story since John Cho's Searching.

My work (The US Government) completely can careless about the secondary passing. I have a newborn in all of this, several have elders living with them who are sick, etc. And my work has said unless you the employee is at risk... we can careless about who's at home with you.