The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

My work (The US Government) completely can careless about the secondary passing. I have a newborn in all of this, several have elders living with them who are sick, etc. And my work has said unless you the employee is at risk... we can careless about who's at home with you.

Federal and military are truly patriotism, meaning country is your top priority, people aren't. That is unfortunate thing for people like you.   People that are socializing with government employees have to practice double or triple social/physical distancing.  Cruel but logical.  I wish I have a better solution for your newborn.

42 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Iv binge watched the first two seasons of Last Chance U. Can someone explain the difference between the community colleges and then the divisional schools. 

Community colleges are schools that don’t have really any requirements to go there. Where your big universities regulate certain things. So for Last Chance U. These are generally kids that either didn’t have the grades or off the field issues that prevented them from going to a bigger school. At the CC is being used as a platform for those kids to do better in school or straighten up their act.

The thing about JCs and CCs in the US (especially in TX, FL, AZ and CA) is actually JCs and CCs have some of the best baseball talent. Reason being is in baseball if you go to a 4yr school you have to play at least 3 years in order to be MLB draft eligible. Where you can get drafted every year out of a JC or CC. In football the rules are just 3 years removed from high school I believe.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Community colleges are schools that don’t have really any requirements to go there. Where your big universities regulate certain things. So for Last Chance U. These are generally kids that either didn’t have the grades or off the field issues that prevented them from going to a bigger school. At the CC is being used as a platform for those kids to do better in school or straighten up their act.

The thing about JCs and CCs in the US (especially in TX, FL, AZ and CA) is actually JCs and CCs have some of the best baseball talent. Reason being is in baseball if you go to a 4yr school you have to play at least 3 years in order to be MLB draft eligible. Where you can get drafted every year out of a JC or CC. In football the rules are just 3 years removed from high school I believe.

Thanks for clarifying. Some of these guys stories really pull at the heart strings. It’s good they have other options to jump back up to a divisional school. 

I have always liked the fact these players HAVE to get an education and will always have something after football even if they never really make much money from the game. 

In Europe with soccer there is basically nothing of any note and players can go straight from high school (16 y/o) to the pros. If they then get injured or it doesn’t work out for them they have nothing to fall back on.  

Edited by xenajets

10 hours ago, xenajets said:

Thanks for clarifying. Some of these guys stories really pull at the heart strings. It’s good they have other options to jump back up to a divisional school. 

I have always liked the fact these players HAVE to get an education and will always have something after football even if they never really make much money from the game. 

In Europe with soccer there is basically nothing of any note and players can go straight from high school (16 y/o) to the pros. If they then get injured or it doesn’t work out for them they have nothing to fall back on.  

Community colleges generally only get you as far as an Associate's degree, which in America you usually need to either have a bachelor's degree or be skilled to get a good job. So it's really not much of a safety net.

Sorry for the long crazy post...

Just got a phone call yesterday from my work (I work for the US Gov) that I was exposed to a person at work with COVID and I am in quarantine for 14 days. Where this is interesting for you all (but scary for me). Is that I sat about 6 feet away and talked nfl football with the guy during lunch on Monday. They shut our work down in the evening of Tuesday bc of this guy. No one at our work has a clue who has it. I only found out bc my dad told me as he’s a higher supervisor than me and actually in the department that the guy works in. My dad wasn’t supposed to tell me with privacy and all. But I told him I wouldn’t tell anyone the name. I just needed to know who it was so I knew how much I was exposed to them once I received my phone call yesterday. So my work let me around my family for 3 full days before notifying me that I was exposed to this man. Crazy.

The deeper part of this is health. I’m worried sick for my family. Being I have a 9 week old and a 21 month old at home. Obviously my wife needs help with them. So I just can’t up and leave for 2 weeks. So there’s a lot of washing of hands, no kissing, limit holding if possible, etc.

My 2 month old had his checkup and shots just on Wednesday and the pediatrician said I should get the antibody test being I was extremely sick over the holidays months ago. So I did that Thursday with a blood sample. And the results came back about an hour before my work called me to quarantine me that it was negative. But now I want to get the actual COVID test. Blood work doesn’t test that. Called my doctor and they said they’d call me back before they left yesterday and they never did. I called back right after their hours and they said they couldn’t help me. That if it is an emergency to go to the hospital. Luckily my aunt works at a hospital and I contacted her. She said that as of now it’s kinda hard to get a test if you don’t have symptoms. And I don’t feel sick at all. So if I did go to a carenow or hospital that they probably wouldn’t give me the test anyway. So I have no clue what to do.

Another deeper part to this is my work. I took 2.5 weeks off when my baby was born. During this time was when COVID hit. My work is deemed essential so I had to go back to work. I went back for a week and there was a case and we closed for a few days. During this time was my sons 1 month check up and his pediatrician wrote me a note saying it was unsafe for me to be at work with a baby that young. Gave it to my HR department and they denied it. They’ve been letting people off on paid leave. But have deemed unless you are at a health risk with a note that what your at home situation is really doesn’t concern them. So since my baby is who the note was technically for, they wouldn’t honor it. So I’ve been at work nervous as hell everyday for the last month. So I have an email trail with my HR stating my case with a doctors note that they’ve denied and now am in quarantine bc if a case at my work and I’m trying to get tested. So I hope I don’t have it for my families sake more so than mine. But if I do get it. I feel like I need to lawyer up and go after my work legally.

@Bobby816 Being a foreigner I obviously have no idea what workplace laws are like for you, or the frustration of trying to get tested but being told you can't. It's probably worth finding out if you have a legitimate legal course of action though. I wish you the best and hope that you haven't been exposed due to your company acting terribly during a time when they should be more compassionate than ever. What you're going through sucks.

• Like 2

I had the virus in March into April and I’m pretty sure my employer didn’t inform a number of people that may have come in contact with me that I had it. Fortunately, I don’t know of anyone getting the virus due to contact with me, but still extremely ****ty. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NewAge said:

I had the virus in March into April and I’m pretty sure my employer didn’t inform a number of people that may have come in contact with me that I had it. Fortunately, I don’t know of anyone getting the virus due to contact with me, but still extremely ****ty. 

At ups management nor our shopstewerds inform us if someone’s caught it. Everyone finds out just from rumors. It’s run through my building, thankfully everyone that has gotten it had either minimal symptoms or asymptotic.

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding ignorant, might it be possible that HIPPA laws are scaring employers from revealing that someone is sick?  I mean if an employee has the flu, does the company inform everyone?  I think at the end of the day, employers are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Just now, xrade said:

At the risk of sounding ignorant, might it be possible that HIPPA laws are scaring employers from revealing that someone is sick?  I mean if an employee has the flu, does the company inform everyone?  I think at the end of the day, employers are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

It is that. They can’t tell us who. But it always leaks. The issue is... out of nowhere a GOV facility with no medical background then becomes health experts and they deem who had contact “enough” with this person to who gets quarantined. Which is BS. Based on how this virus can spread. Literally everyone that was within 6 feet of him anytime his mouth was open should be quarantined. Anyone who touched anything he did, etc. But they don’t come close to doing that.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2020 at 3:07 PM, Bobby816 said:

Sorry for the long crazy post...

Just got a phone call yesterday from my work (I work for the US Gov) that I was exposed to a person at work with COVID and I am in quarantine for 14 days. Where this is interesting for you all (but scary for me). Is that I sat about 6 feet away and talked nfl football with the guy during lunch on Monday. They shut our work down in the evening of Tuesday bc of this guy. No one at our work has a clue who has it. I only found out bc my dad told me as he’s a higher supervisor than me and actually in the department that the guy works in. My dad wasn’t supposed to tell me with privacy and all. But I told him I wouldn’t tell anyone the name. I just needed to know who it was so I knew how much I was exposed to them once I received my phone call yesterday. So my work let me around my family for 3 full days before notifying me that I was exposed to this man. Crazy.

The deeper part of this is health. I’m worried sick for my family. Being I have a 9 week old and a 21 month old at home. Obviously my wife needs help with them. So I just can’t up and leave for 2 weeks. So there’s a lot of washing of hands, no kissing, limit holding if possible, etc.

My 2 month old had his checkup and shots just on Wednesday and the pediatrician said I should get the antibody test being I was extremely sick over the holidays months ago. So I did that Thursday with a blood sample. And the results came back about an hour before my work called me to quarantine me that it was negative. But now I want to get the actual COVID test. Blood work doesn’t test that. Called my doctor and they said they’d call me back before they left yesterday and they never did. I called back right after their hours and they said they couldn’t help me. That if it is an emergency to go to the hospital. Luckily my aunt works at a hospital and I contacted her. She said that as of now it’s kinda hard to get a test if you don’t have symptoms. And I don’t feel sick at all. So if I did go to a carenow or hospital that they probably wouldn’t give me the test anyway. So I have no clue what to do.

Another deeper part to this is my work. I took 2.5 weeks off when my baby was born. During this time was when COVID hit. My work is deemed essential so I had to go back to work. I went back for a week and there was a case and we closed for a few days. During this time was my sons 1 month check up and his pediatrician wrote me a note saying it was unsafe for me to be at work with a baby that young. Gave it to my HR department and they denied it. They’ve been letting people off on paid leave. But have deemed unless you are at a health risk with a note that what your at home situation is really doesn’t concern them. So since my baby is who the note was technically for, they wouldn’t honor it. So I’ve been at work nervous as hell everyday for the last month. So I have an email trail with my HR stating my case with a doctors note that they’ve denied and now am in quarantine bc if a case at my work and I’m trying to get tested. So I hope I don’t have it for my families sake more so than mine. But if I do get it. I feel like I need to lawyer up and go after my work legally.

Wow that’s crazy man. Although at this point I really don’t get shocked with some of the reports coming out from various businesses and organisations. Hope you and your family are all safe and well. 
Im having conversations at the minute with a travel company as I had a holiday to Dubai booked for August which at this minute is still active but more and more likely going to be cancelled. Thankfully I took insurance out but not sure where I stand but will find out in the next 24hrs. 

How is everyone getting on? Is the boredom and isolation getting abit too much? Hope you are all good boys. 🙌🏼 

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Wow that’s crazy man. Although at this point I really don’t get shocked with some of the reports coming out from various businesses and organisations. Hope you and your family are all safe and well. 
Im having conversations at the minute with a travel company as I had a holiday to Dubai booked for August which at this minute is still active but more and more likely going to be cancelled. Thankfully I took insurance out but not sure where I stand but will find out in the next 24hrs. 

How is everyone getting on? Is the boredom and isolation getting abit too much? Hope you are all good boys. 🙌🏼 

I hear ya. We had a Mexico trip planned for the 1st week of June and moved that to mid august. So we hope we can still do that. We have Disney World in September and NY in October. So hoping we can do all 3 of those.

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I hear ya. We had a Mexico trip planned for the 1st week of June and moved that to mid august. So we hope we can still do that. We have Disney World in September and NY in October. So hoping we can do all 3 of those.

Well at the moment they are saying here that when we are allowed to go away on holiday we will then be subject to a 2 week isolation. So it’s not very feasible for most people. We also was looking into DW later in the year but I’m not sure how they will be with the parks?! 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Well at the moment they are saying here that when we are allowed to go away on holiday we will then be subject to a 2 week isolation. So it’s not very feasible for most people. We also was looking into DW later in the year but I’m not sure how they will be with the parks?! 

Ya we aren’t sure yet either how it will be. I think WDW will open in stages. The Disney Springs area opens up on the 20th. If that goes good I think they’ll open up resorts after that. Then start doing the parks at probably a limited capacity with temp checks and masks and all. They should have a decent gage being Shanghai opened yesterday and I believe Hong Kong, Tokyo and Paris will follow before WDW and DL open. So they will be used as examples I think