The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

Very good chance that there will be a new and memorable highlight on upcoming US election.  Either at least 90% electoral vote (first since cold war ended) or the announcement of the presidential victory by 730 pm EST.

Edited by JetsandI

During driving on the route road, I noticed orange flag planted and orange paint marked on the side of the road.  I try to find info about that via internet.   No dice.  Any suggestion?    The reason I ask is I hope it is for Fios cable.  >:(

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

During driving on the route road, I noticed orange flag planted and orange paint marked on the side of the road.  I try to find info about that via internet.   No dice.  Any suggestion?    The reason I ask is I hope it is for Fios cable.  >:(

Could be. Orange flags usually mark telecommunication lines. 

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Could be. Orange flags usually mark telecommunication lines. 

Yeah.. 811 stated that but I wish there is more detail than that.    Upgrading cable for better life or more bandwidth. Something like that.

8 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Sports has always been used as a medium to discuss politics. Jesse Owens performance in the 1936 Berlin games and Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in baseball are two that come to mind.

I get and respect the no politics on the site though. But sports might be one of the few mediums where people of all walks of life share a common interest.

Hopefully I didn’t break any forum rules. Just kind wanted to piggy back off your comment a bit and say I agree it was a surprising and refreshing statement made by the site.

Yeah, the people who forget that sports have always been political are the ones who tried their best to ignore the messages. I just came back from the protest here in Atlanta. This subject has always meant a lot to me, so I appreciate the small things like that to let us know they are aware & care. I won't dig deep into this subject for forum rules, but it made me smile a bit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, the people who forget that sports have always been political are the ones who tried their best to ignore the messages. I just came back from the protest here in Atlanta. This subject has always meant a lot to me, so I appreciate the small things like that to let us know they are aware & care. I won't dig deep into this subject for forum rules, but it made me smile a bit. 

Yeah... In previous years, people kept coming back to normalcy by dismissing certain issues as minor problems but after Roger Goddell made the solid acknowledgement in public, I feel like it will stick around much longer.

And oh... No, I don't want to apologetically sign Colin Kaepatrick for Jets.  Basing on the skill set, mind you. lol.

Spent the last 3 months on creating an online T-shirt store...finally opening up tomorrow! Came up with the idea over 2 years ago and was finally able to get it going, very excited!

I will be coming here for best Jets ideas.  I'm afraid if I make a Pres Mal shirt he'll leave because every Jet and NFL jersey I have ever purchased has left.

Abraham, Moss, Rhodes, Vilma, Peterson, Sapp (can't remember if that's it) plus my McDonagh and Skjei (he was coming off a great rookie year the Rangers were trading away guys) hockey jerseys. I think the only one who didn't leave was Eddie George but I got that late in his career.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. 811 stated that but I wish there is more detail than that.    Upgrading cable for better life or more bandwidth. Something like that.

I got close look at orange flags and they said AT&T.... pfffftttt.

7 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Spent the last 3 months on creating an online T-shirt store...finally opening up tomorrow! Came up with the idea over 2 years ago and was finally able to get it going, very excited!

I will be coming here for best Jets ideas.  I'm afraid if I make a Pres Mal shirt he'll leave because every Jet and NFL jersey I have ever purchased has left.

Abraham, Moss, Rhodes, Vilma, Peterson, Sapp (can't remember if that's it) plus my McDonagh and Skjei (he was coming off a great rookie year the Rangers were trading away guys) hockey jerseys. I think the only one who didn't leave was Eddie George but I got that late in his career.

Cool.    I forbid you to make any Sam Darnold shirt.

22 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Very cool. I'm trying to start up a Disney t shirt company myself. Life has just been too busy to really get it up and going. You screen printing yourself or outsourcing it?

On 6/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Lots of luck brother! 

On 07/06/2020 at 2:19 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Well done!! Can you send a link?! 

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Very cool. I'm trying to start up a Disney t shirt company myself. Life has just been too busy to really get it up and going. You screen printing yourself or outsourcing it?

I will want to know if you get this going bro!! 

8 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I will want to know if you get this going bro!! 

Have 6 designs already done. Just have to get a site up and going and figure out if I want to screen print and ship or outsource it to get the company up and going.

• Like 1