The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

Ladies' figure staking medal stand is easily the best one in long time.  

I feel sorry for Yevgenia Medvedeva. She had beeen the champ one until she broke her toe that kept her off the rink. That was when Alina Zagitova stepped up and never missed a beat.  After Yevgenia returned to the rink, she lost the National Championship and Olympic title to Alina.  Ouch!

How about that?  Yevgenia and Alina are tied in free skate but the title of free skate goes to Yvegenia because of higher component score. Alina gets gold because she is ahead of Yevgenia in the short program.  1.31 difference.

Alina is really elite when it comes to jumps.  I saw her warming up and I was blown away.  She did quintuple triple in one area without dragging for more space. How?  

USA ladies continue to blow.   How unfortunate.

The last annoying Olympic message. giphy.gif

- Shaun White (Men's halfpipe) become USA's 100th Olympic Gold.

- USA marked 2018 Olympics as the nation's first Olympic gold medal received ever in Curling (Men) and Cross Country (Ladies' team sprint) events.

- USA's Ice Hockey (Women) finished off Olympic's best Gold Match ever by snapping Canada's streak of winning Gold with the likely most unforgettable 6th shootout. USA is 2-3 in Gold Match against Canada.

tumblr_p4jo6xiP171vnb1w3o1_500.gif

- Canada had been earning at least medal every Winter Games since Curling was re-introduced in 1998 for both genders until this 2018 Winter Games. However, Canada's Mixed Doubles won the gold medal in the discipline's first debut. Is the streak still alive? Depend on your point of view.

- Ester Ledecka (CZH) is the first athlete to win two different sports (Super G Skiing and Giant Slalom Snowboarding) for double gold. That's fena.

- David Wise made an epic comeback in final run of Halfpipe (Skiing) after seriously adjusted boot binding to capture the gold medal.

- Chloe Kim remains on the track to become a female version of Shaun White by winning the easy contest in Halfpipe (ladies' snowboarding).

- Jamie Anderson (Ladies) and Kyle Mack (Men) each took Silver in Big Air as its first Olympic debut.

- People are about to get schooled by Germany (Men's Ice Hockey).  "Deep in talent" shall become overrated after beating out Sweden and Canada.  Face OAR (Russia) for the GOLD.

- Alina Zagitova (RUS) ROCKS. Will she be Russia's Kylo Ren?

- Aliona Savchenko (GER) took 5 Olympics to just get the freaking gold medal (Pair's figure skating). She now has 3 medals. 2 Bronzes and 1 Gold. Time to retire, baby.

- No Nuclear Action.

That is solid 2018 Olympics.  Have to watch out for Japanese athletes for Halfpipe (Men's snowboarding) and figure skating (Ladies) for the Beijing Olympics. They were impressive in this Olympics and they are still young.

tenor.gif?itemid=5803466

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So a really strange thing happened to me today....

Me, my wife and two sons were out shopping in Manchester as we generally always do most weekends (yes I’m under the thumb!)

Anyway...my eldest son who’s just 18 months needed a haircut. We were in a market full of food, clothes, barbers, nail bars etc. Really full of diversity. One of the barbers was a ‘traditional barbers’ as stated on their sign. 

Now we are white, I’m half Italian (father) and half English (mother) and had no conceived notion that any barber was different to another. This barbers we chose was full of black barbers and black clientele. Again I had no thought other than it’s a barbers and my son needs a haircut. 

We went in and asked if it could be done (some barbers can be funny with small kidskin they cry) and the guy looked at me as if I had two heads. I genuinely had to repeat myself three times before we were seated (son was on my lap) and to get his haircut. The barber was fantastic and my son was amazing. He had a great cut and we were complimented on his behaviour and how beautiful he was. 

I chatted to him about life etc and got on great with the other barbers doing their work. As we were leaving they wouldn’t let us pay for the cut, I had to demand we wouldn’t leave unless they took our money (and a generous tip). They said in 6 years there they can’t remember ever cutting a white persons hair. They thought either I had the biggest pair of balls known to man or that I genuinely could give a **** what race, religion, gender, sexual orientation etc someone is. I just take them for the person they are. 

I find it unbelievable that in 2018 these things still exist. I’m well aware of the things going on in the world so I’m certainly not naive but my god what is the point in hating and going out of your way to feel superior than someone else. 

Anyway rant over. Just a very weird experience an interesting  topic. We will be returning when my son needs a cut again ??

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So a really strange thing happened to me today....

Me, my wife and two sons were out shopping in Manchester as we generally always do most weekends (yes I’m under the thumb!)

Anyway...my eldest son who’s just 18 months needed a haircut. We were in a market full of food, clothes, barbers, nail bars etc. Really full of diversity. One of the barbers was a ‘traditional barbers’ as stated on their sign. 

Now we are white, I’m half Italian (father) and half English (mother) and had no conceived notion that any barber was different to another. This barbers we chose was full of black barbers and black clientele. Again I had no thought other than it’s a barbers and my son needs a haircut. 

We went in and asked if it could be done (some barbers can be funny with small kidskin they cry) and the guy looked at me as if I had two heads. I genuinely had to repeat myself three times before we were seated (son was on my lap) and to get his haircut. The barber was fantastic and my son was amazing. He had a great cut and we were complimented on his behaviour and how beautiful he was. 

I chatted to him about life etc and got on great with the other barbers doing their work. As we were leaving they wouldn’t let us pay for the cut, I had to demand we wouldn’t leave unless they took our money (and a generous tip). They said in 6 years there they can’t remember ever cutting a white persons hair. They thought either I had the biggest pair of balls known to man or that I genuinely could give a **** what race, religion, gender, sexual orientation etc someone is. I just take them for the person they are. 

I find it unbelievable that in 2018 these things still exist. I’m well aware of the things going on in the world so I’m certainly not naive but my god what is the point in hating and going out of your way to feel superior than someone else. 

Anyway rant over. Just a very weird experience and I getting topic. We will be returning when my son needs a cut again ??

That's wild

And this was in a major city like Manchester? Extra wild

Just now, Bianconero said:

That's wild

And this was in a major city like Manchester? Extra wild

Yeah it’s just strange how there was so much diversity with all different nationality’s and cultures yet there seems to be this imaginary line which people don’t cross. Just strange. 

6 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Season 2 Ep 3

I started a Ciro fan but not anymore...

Me and the wife binge watched the first two seasons in about 10 days! It’s very addictive!

Yeah I can’t stand Ciro, Gennaro is a snake too though so can’t teust any of them lol!

My family live about twenty minutes away from Scampia and I took my wife and son last year to visit them. We stayed on a island just off Naples called Ischia which is beautiful and my wife thought it was amazing. Needless to say when I took her into naples and the cab ride went right through Scampia I was nearly filing for divorce lol!!!