The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

Just now, Dr.O said:

Maybe this was what he was working on last offseason instead off trying to develop as a ILB...which depending on the jerseys I’m ok with.

Hahaha TRUE

Also no beat writers are reporting this so I think he's just an idiot

If so, cut him immediately 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Hahaha TRUE

Also no beat writers are reporting this so I think he's just an idiot

If so, cut him immediately 

LOL but would we actually trust our beat writers? If Manish was reporting this we wouldnt even want to talk about it lol

18 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

if you end up in florence, i'd suggest Piazza del Duom where there's a bunch of famous buildings to see such as Baptistery of Saint John, Florence Cathedral and the Campanile di Giotto.  The best part of that city to me though is the bobli gardens, its like a park/museum with a bunch of italian scultpure work

Good stuff. Looks really cool. Added to the list.

Thanks

On 4/18/2018 at 9:24 AM, TheChad said:

Hey a couple of you guys are Italian, right?

Is there any must-see stuff in Italy I should look into? I'm going to be over there in the summer. Mostly in Rome but places like Florence and Naples aren't too far either. I could venture out farther with a compelling reason. I'm not a big art guy, but I'm open to a bit of anything. I'm very into ancient Roman history, which is my reason for going.

Because you're into the history a lot, you should love Rome

But if we're being truthful, Rome is far down in the list of best places to go to in Italy. Its definitely cool being your first time, but I wouldn't spend more than two days there personally. Nothing against Rome, I just think its a testament to how much beauty there is in Italy. 100% eat at Dar Poeta in Rome. It's by far my favorite pizza there. Get the bufala pie for like 4 bucks and a glass of wine is like an extra buck.

Like @xenajets said, take advantage of the opportunity and hit Naples for a day, eat pizza and then the Amalfi Coast. The Amalfi Coast in the summer will be amazing.

Hit Positano 100% and other parts if you can

It'd be awesome if you can go to Venice, Milan, or Torino but those are way north; Firenze is cool too and Tuscany in general.

I've never been but Sardinia looks so beautiful. Its far from where you will be though.

Any specific questions or more info just ask!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Because you're into the history a lot, you should love Rome

But if we're being truthful, Rome is far down in the list of best places to go to in Italy. Its definitely cool being your first time, but I wouldn't spend more than two days there personally. Nothing against Rome, I just think its a testament to how much beauty there is in Italy. 100% eat at Dar Poeta in Rome. It's by far my favorite pizza there. Get the bufala pie for like 4 bucks and a glass of wine is like an extra buck.

Like @xenajets said, take advantage of the opportunity and hit Naples for a day, eat pizza and then the Amalfi Coast. The Amalfi Coast in the summer will be amazing.

Hit Positano 100% and other parts if you can

It'd be awesome if you can go to Venice, Milan, or Torino but those are way north; Firenze is cool too and Tuscany in general.

I've never been but Sardinia looks so beautiful. Its far from where you will be though.

Any specific questions or more info just ask!

Where are your family from bro? Just been to a christening today for my cousins baby. Literally hundreds of Italians in one place. It was bouncing all day!! ?? ??

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xenajets said:

Where are your family from bro? Just been to a christening today for my cousins baby. Literally hundreds of Italians in one place. It was bouncing all day!! ?? ??

Pettoranello del Molise

But the main city (which isn't really a city, lol) is Isernia

• Like 1

21 hours ago, xenajets said:

Isernia is just north of Naples right? Perfect as it’s central and easy to get to all the big cities! 

Yup! Super convenient even though we're the smallest province and get no love, lol

I guess technically I should be a Napoli ultra O.o

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Yup! Super convenient even though we're the smallest province and get no love, lol

I guess technically I should be a Napoli ultra O.o

Lol I was going to message you today after yesterday’s result!! Didn’t want to rub it in though! 

Did you see the scenes in Naples? There were 20k fans waiting at 4:00am to see the team come back. They haven’t won anything yet. Can’t imagine what it will be like if they somehow become champions. Four games to go so I still think Juve will have enough. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 3:43 PM, xenajets said:

Lol I was going to message you today after yesterday’s result!! Didn’t want to rub it in though! 

Did you see the scenes in Naples? There were 20k fans waiting at 4:00am to see the team come back. They haven’t won anything yet. Can’t imagine what it will be like if they somehow become champions. Four games to go so I still think Juve will have enough. 

Damn, bro didn't see this

Napoli f'd up sooooo bad 

I'm actually kind of pissed bc I wanted this to go down to the last game of the season where I'll be at for Gigi's last game