The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I believe they got a bit tired of the way the forum had turned as well. It’s a shame bc long tenured posters like, you and I (among several others) still know how to debate and talk to people. Some new members just don’t. And as a MOD with 2 jobs and a baby, I just don’t have time to babysit name calling and sensitivity from some. I hope they choose a good new MOD. 

Well next time make sure not to attack posters. As a mod you are supposed to stand above unnecessary attacks such as “Poor baby crying” “Panties in a bunch” 

All things not related to 1. webmasters guidelines and 2. Quality discussion. 

The fact that you aren’t taking responsibility says it all so I’m happy we’re getting a new mod. 

21 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Well next time make sure not to attack posters. As a mod you are supposed to stand above unnecessary attacks such as “Poor baby crying” “Panties in a bunch” 

All things not related to 1. webmasters guidelines and 2. Quality discussion. 

The fact that you aren’t taking responsibility says it all so I’m happy we’re getting a new mod. 

You're right, I should have been the bigger person. But the FACT IS... that in that instance... you started by calling me disagreeing with you "annoying" that isn't what the forum is about. Therefore I responded,bc you got your feelings hurt bc I disagreed with you. Hence why I say some on here don't know how debate. And quite frankly I don't have time o here to babysit people who get their feelings hurt when people disagree with them and all. And that's why Im moving on. Id also like to point out that the forum wanted me to stay but I have told them Im done. I will continue to post, but not as the MOD.

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You're right, I should have been the bigger person. But the FACT IS... that in that instance... you started by calling me disagreeing with you "annoying" that isn't what the forum is about. Therefore I responded,bc you got your feelings hurt bc I disagreed with you. Hence why I say some on here don't know how debate. And quite frankly I don't have time o here to babysit people who get their feelings hurt when people disagree with them and all. And that's why Im moving on. Id also like to point out that the forum wanted me to stay but I have told them Im done. I will continue to post, but not as the MOD.

Bobby I don’t mind debating. You disagreeing with every post can still annoying, it didn’t hurt my feelings at all. My wife annoys me all day I still love her. I have zero issues with you honestly. I think you simply took it the wrong way and began insulting me but whatever, water under a bridge.

Edited by KingOfTheDot

22 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Bobby I don’t mind debating. You disagreeing with every post can still annoying, it didn’t hurt my feelings at all. My wife annoys me all day I still love her. I have zero issues with you honestly. I think you simply took it the wrong way and began insulting me but whatever, water under a bridge.

Water under the Bridge. Cheers

• Like 1

I’m not sure how many people remember me, but I’d be willing to take the Mod position if Webby needs someone. I’ve been on this forum since I was a little kid. I’m almost 30. Footballsfuture has been the place I’ve gone to have detailed and thoughtful discussion on the Jets for the majority of my fandom. This forum has really dropped off over the past years. I would love to see it improve. 

Edited by BlaZeN37
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Chris Hackenberg, made his AAF football debut with the Memphis team this weekend. He went 10 for 23 for 87 yards. Another Jet second round pick.

Macc should be fired just because Hack did so terrible in the AAF, but, to be fair, Hack had a nice 40+ yard TD called back for illegal motion or man downfield.

7 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I’m not sure how many people remember me, but I’d be willing to take the Mod position if Webby needs someone. I’ve been on this forum since I was a little kid. I’m almost 30. Footballsfuture has been the place I’ve gone to have detailed and thoughtful discussion on the Jets for the majority of my fandom. This forum has really dropped off over the past years. I would love to see it improve. 

I think it’s the hot take era. Twitter has ruined sports talk in general. I actually didn’t know much about anything until I joined FF. Now I know a lot more but still have much more room knowledge. The traffic here has been slow tho, I think most guys just aren’t interested in talking ball anymore.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think it’s the hot take era. Twitter has ruined sports talk in general. I actually didn’t know much about anything until I joined FF. Now I know a lot more but still have much more room knowledge. The traffic here has been slow tho, I think most guys just aren’t interested in talking ball anymore.

I agree with you on Twitter, I think right now it is slow because it is a wait and see deal. Myself I hate all these hypothetical moves. It will be another four or five weeks before we know anything.

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think you are right. I love this site man. Been here since 2005, my senior year of high school. We have a real solid core of posters here. We will never all agree, expect that being a jets fan is a life sentence lol. However we need to keep our core here and continue to have educated and intelligent discussion. 

Sh!t happens man, people are human and get frustrated and you call someone an idiot. You don’t necessarily mean it but it just happens when arguing. In 14 years here trust me I’m guilty. Then in another thread you’re telling that same guy “dude great point I totally agree” on a completely different subject. 

Point being whoever wants to be a MOD, we need to focus on keeping our diehards here and posting often. Everyone one here that posts often contributes to some great jets talk. Hey it’s all we have when it comes to the jets! Talk! Blind optimism, but is this not the most therapeutic place ever after the jets get blown out? I don’t want to lose anyone here. This is too good and too intelligent of a forum to lose its members. Rant over. Let’s have a $?&!ing snack!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Myself I hate all these hypothetical moves.

I'm with you. I can't bring myself to read the mock drafts or prospect threads because I always get my hopes up and end up crushed when it falls through. Things would probably be a lot more fun if we were winning but I'm so starved for wins that reading about steak and getting spam just makes me feel worse.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, NJerseypaint said:

I'm with you. I can't bring myself to read the mock drafts or prospect threads because I always get my hopes up and end up crushed when it falls through. Things would probably be a lot more fun if we were winning but I'm so starved for wins that reading about steak and getting spam just makes me feel worse.

I feel the exact same way, they never seem to work out, people forget 31 teams are after the same players we want. I just hope Macc, doesn't screw up this post season, because everything is on the line. I sure don't want another 4-12 year.

• 2 weeks later...