The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

13 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Has the extent of the severity been confirmed yet? I heard reports that its very similar to the injury that ended Bo Jacksons football career. It is a very bad injury and I hope he can truly recover. Hopefully it is not as bad as they believed it to be initially. 

That comparison was why I was saying it was overblown. Others have come out to say that Bo's injury ended his career because the procedure had complications that gave him a bone disease. Not from the injury itself. Sport medicine has come a long long way.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

That comparison was why I was saying it was overblown. Others have come out to say that Bo's injury ended his career because the procedure had complications that gave him a bone disease. Not from the injury itself. Sport medicine has come a long long way.

True. Good point. Just sucks for him. Looked very very painful. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2019 at 6:03 PM, TheChad said:

I never watch college football but I figured I'd watch the two big games today. Looks like I'll be turning off LSU-OU at the half. How is this possibly the #1 vs #4 team in the country? Did Oklahoma just beat up on terrible conference?

It's a combination for me. it's the conference and this LSU team. None of the teams bring something LSU haven't seen before. They match up perfectly with all of them. Mobile QBs don't matter because the defense is fast and this team has one of the greatest QBs I've ever seen. I watched him a lot this season and recall a bad decision. 

• Like 1

So I don’t want anyone to really worry much about me if that’s possible but ive been depressed for the last 4-5 months and it’s really starting to get rough, every month it get tougher and I’m almost at the point where I don’t know what to do anymore...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

So I don’t want anyone to really worry much about me if that’s possible but ive been depressed for the last 4-5 months and it’s really starting to get rough, every month it get tougher and I’m almost at the point where I don’t know what to do anymore...

Go get counseling. Thea things don’t normally get better on there own. Sometimes just talking about it and getting it out helps. I wish the best for you man!!!

• Like 3

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Go get counseling. Thea things don’t normally get better on there own. Sometimes just talking about it and getting it out helps. I wish the best for you man!!!

I appreciate that man it’s been rough and I really don’t want to get into specific but just know that no matter how much we’ve disagreed over the past few years it means a lot coming from you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I'm going to second Bobby's advice. If possible, find a professional to talk to. If that's not possible, find someone you can trust. Even if it's just for them to listen to you.

This stuff is hard, and it really sucks, but it can get better. You will have to summon the courage and motivation to do something different though. It's unlikely that things will just magically get better one day. Be kind to yourself, celebrate the little things, and try to take some (small) positive steps.

I hope things improve for you.

12 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Dr,o, we are all worried about you, things are never as bad as it seems. The advice the other members on this board gave you is correct. Depression is a terrible thing but it can be correct with professional help. Please do it.. Keep us up to date on how you are doing.  

4 hours ago, TheChad said:

I'm going to second Bobby's advice. If possible, find a professional to talk to. If that's not possible, find someone you can trust. Even if it's just for them to listen to you.

This stuff is hard, and it really sucks, but it can get better. You will have to summon the courage and motivation to do something different though. It's unlikely that things will just magically get better one day. Be kind to yourself, celebrate the little things, and try to take some (small) positive steps.

I hope things improve for you.

An I third this.  My daughter is a psychiatrist and she would be the first to say see a therapist.  If that person is not working for you, find another.  If the feelings get real bad it may be time for a psychiatrist for medication, but that is a last resort.

Like Chad says, find the good in the little things.  Maybe small daily goals.  Perhaps a new hobby.  Something you may have always wanted to try but never did ( I just started playing bass guitar and I am loving it).  Good Luck my friend and do not be afraid to respond back.  We have good people on this forum that transcends our disagreements over the Jets. 

On 1/5/2020 at 4:19 PM, Dr.O said:

Seriously, as the others have said, talk to someone about it. I went through a bad breakup a few years back that had me feeling down. My friends were the biggest help to me during that time. Also, xrade is right, a new hobby can be a huge help. I'm no professional but if you need to just talk, send me a message.

On 05/01/2020 at 4:19 PM, Dr.O said:

I echo all the statements above, there’s such a stigma with men coming forward with problems they have and by bottling them up they just manifest and become something bigger and bigger. Seeking professional help or a trusted friend/family member will help for sure. 

It’s strange as we all on the Jets board have never met in person (or not to my knowledge anyway) yet we’ve been here for years and created great bonds. So I think I speak for everyone when I say we are here for you if you ever need to talk. 

Let us know how you get on mate.