The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya everyone keeps complaining about the toilet paper. Which is self done. People start mass buying and then there’s shortage, so everyone feels they have to. When the root is just people not thinking logically. Lost goes on and on after toilet paper. Bc the demand then becomes unreasonable.

Yep this is what really bothers me. Especially with soap and hand sanitiser. People went crazy buying it, so now 20% of the population has all of these products, when the best thing for everyone would be for these hygiene products to be distributed evenly to the entire population. It's not going to help you to have 12 spare bottles of hand sanitiser when the person next to you hasn't been able to wash their hands with soap for a week.

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

Yep this is what really bothers me. Especially with soap and hand sanitiser. People went crazy buying it, so now 20% of the population has all of these products, when the best thing for everyone would be for these hygiene products to be distributed evenly to the entire population. It's not going to help you to have 12 spare bottles of hand sanitiser when the person next to you hasn't been able to wash their hands with soap for a week.

What makes this toilet paper thing so crazy, is it is still the one thing we still make in the US, in Ga, and SC. It does not come from China.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

And these people are the same ones that complain about people not sanitizing and such, which makes it even more hilarious. Bc others can’t do what you did bc they didn’t buy stuff as if the end of the world was coming. If you bought (and others bought) a normal amount than others could stay sanitary like you.

It’s truly baffling 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

And these people are the same ones that complain about people not sanitizing and such, which makes it even more hilarious. Bc others can’t do what you did bc they didn’t buy stuff as if the end of the world was coming. If you bought (and others bought) a normal amount than others could stay sanitary like you.

It’s truly baffling 

Stocking up on hand sanitizer is like stockpiling 7th round draft picks lol.

I saw a lady buy 13 gallons of milk. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya everyone keeps complaining about the toilet paper. Which is self done. People start mass buying and then there’s shortage, so everyone feels they have to. When the root is just people not thinking logically. Lost goes on and on after toilet paper. Bc the demand then becomes unreasonable.

My work the Us Treasury Dept. Sometimes Is hiring chemists. Ill keep you updated If and opening pops up

I would appreciate that, thanks brother.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, doumeyer said:

What makes this toilet paper thing so crazy, is it is still the one thing we still make in the US, in Ga, and SC. It does not come from China.

What’s sad is my son in JC, NJ actually needed toilet paper and had to go to a small bodega to find some

17 games and 7 playoff teams per conference... ew.

I can't even watch TV with the volume set to 17.

On a somewhat more serious note, did the NFLPA really not ask for a second bye week during the regular? That just seems like a no-brainer for everyone. One more week of football to watch.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheChad said:

17 games and 7 playoff teams per conference... ew.

I can't even watch TV with the volume set to 17.

On a somewhat more serious note, did the NFLPA really not ask for a second bye week during the regular? That just seems like a no-brainer for everyone. One more week of football to watch.

Same here. Has to be an even number 🤨

To go and show you how much Trump is a joke... (and I actually am not a trump hater). He’s listening to the CDC... and they’ve said that gathering of 50 plus people should be avoided for 8 weeks. Yet I work for the Government and the treasury and he refuses to shut down our work when we run 24hrs, very hands on and have about 250 people per shift.

So his lil speeches and all you hear. Are lies and a joke.

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Is the FA period still set to start at 1 PM today ? In my life time the three worst things to happen to the US are { in order } is Pearl Harbor, 9-11, and the Coronavirus.

Legal tampering FA period today.    FA signings wont' start until Wednesday at 4 or 5 pm.  If no postponement.

Edited by JetsandI

8 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Is the FA period still set to start at 1 PM today ? In my life time the three worst things to happen to the US are { in order } is Pearl Harbor, 9-11, and the Coronavirus.

Out of interest, what was everyday life like during the cold war? The Cuban Missle Crisis and whatnot? Did it register the panic of today? Or was it mostly too abstract a threat for the general public to do anything about it?

11 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Out of interest, what was everyday life like during the cold war? The Cuban Missle Crisis and whatnot? Did it register the panic of today? Or was it mostly too abstract a threat for the general public to do anything about it?

I don't know but this crisis lasted only 13 days. Give or Take.