The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

This just brings a great sadness to my heart over this whole situation. I hope that we can all come together over this and find a solution to this problem in this country but I fear that’s not what ultimately will happen. Stay safe and keep an open mind.

Edited by Dr.O
  • Like 2

Yeah I was lost for words when seeing the video and I can’t begin to imagine the hurt, pain and fear that you guys must be feeling right now. I just feel deep sorrow for all affected. 

I don’t want to get on my high horse but the view from a far is the deep rooted racism that’s inbuilt within America. It’s very difficult for someone like myself who’s grew up in the UK with very little racism ever witnessed. (There has been things over the years with the EDL and Britain First who have been protesting against Muslim/Islamic culture in the UK) 

On a side note i should add; about five years ago my brother in law was walking to his local convenience store when approached by two policeman asking to search him as he fitted the description of a thief that had broken into a house a few hours before.
My Brother In Law was renovating his house at the time and told the cops that he wouldn’t be searched (in hindsight probably the wrong move but well within his rights)

When backup was called he ended up with 12 police officers trying to restrain him and also a retired cop who witnessed what was happening. My brother in law trains in Judo so he defended himself. He still ended up in a bad way which resulted in a huge compensation suit which he won a couple of years ago. He was left with severe anxiety and other physical trauma I want go into. Every single cop was white as is my brother in law. 

I feel like more light can be shed from any serving police officers or retired cops but does the power attract a certain type of person to the position? Maybe someone who’s struggled getting power and then once in a position of power like a cop then abuse this? 

Edited by xenajets

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but hoping for some visibility:

For anyone interested, I'm taking part in an All NFL Draft on the GM Mock Drafts forum. We're going to be doing a snake style draft and building our own teams including coaches. I've done it in the past and it's been a lot of fun and helps learn about the state of talent in the league and different positions and on different teams. Disclaimer, this process usually takes about a month or so depending on the number of participants and how much people are able to stay on top of time schedules. If anyone's interested check it out! 

51 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Smh Drew Brees. Met him before, and he came off as a total ******. His wife was really nice though.

You never know what these guy are really like, I met Joe Namath one time in Florida, and he is really a down to earth guy could not have been nicer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Smh Drew Brees. Met him before, and he came off as a total ******. His wife was really nice though.

I've hung out with Drew Brees several times and he was always incredibly nice to me. His brother was my best friends roommate at Baylor (they played baseball together). These comments are surprising to me bc of how nice and kind hearted he was every time I hung out with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I've hung out with Drew Brees several times and he was always incredibly nice to me. His brother was my best friends roommate at Baylor (they played baseball together). These comments are surprising to me bc of how nice and kind hearted he was every time I hung out with him.

People aren't static. We all have our good days and bad days, days when we're friendly and days when we aren't. I always take people's experiences with celebrities with a grain of salt because you really tell anything about a person by meeting them once for a few minutes.

15 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

People aren't static. We all have our good days and bad days, days when we're friendly and days when we aren't. I always take people's experiences with celebrities with a grain of salt because you really tell anything about a person by meeting them once for a few minutes.

Ive probably hung out with him 15-20 times though and has been incredibly nice every time. And not just say hi hanging out. Like hanging out for a several hours.

Now what I will say it has been probably 5 years since I have hung out with him. And for sure people can change in that time.

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ive probably hung out with him 15-20 times though and has been incredibly nice every time. And not just say hi hanging out. Like hanging out for a several hours.

Now what I will say it has been probably 5 years since I have hung out with him. And for sure people can change in that time.

Haha I'm saying that Gang Green probably got him on an off day. Though if you both have chilled with him multiple times he might just like you better.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This was around 2010-11 for the lockout meetings. And it was in the lobby of a hotel so who knows. He wasn’t mean to me or anyone, he just came off sort of entitled to some of the employees. 

Now meeting Ricky Williams during that was wayyy more fun. That’s one interesting dude.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Props to the site for shutting down for 8hrs for BLM support. 

Sports has always been used as a medium to discuss politics. Jesse Owens performance in the 1936 Berlin games and Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in baseball are two that come to mind.

I get and respect the no politics on the site though. But sports might be one of the few mediums where people of all walks of life share a common interest.

Hopefully I didn’t break any forum rules. Just kind wanted to piggy back off your comment a bit and say I agree it was a surprising and refreshing statement made by the site.

• Like 1