The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So me and the wife are having our third baby. Found out last week it’s going to be a girl? Any advice from any Dads with daughters?

Genuinely think I will end up on a mass murder spree when she’s in her teens and ‘boys’ come knocking the door. I have our two older boys to maybe help out a little though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Congrats man!!! My daughter just turned 2 like 6 weeks ago, so I can only give advice up to that age range. It's great man. She will have you wrapped around your finger in no time. Get used to Disney Princesses, songs, dancing and all the girl things.

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The Jack Skellington T is out and I'm having a sale on other Ts.

20% off Bowser, Make Mushroom Kingdom Great Again

15% off the iconic Jeff Goldblum pose

15% off Jaws, Smile You Son of a Bch.

Sale

Jack

I just ordered 2.  Jack and Jaws.  My wife loves both.  Good luck with the business.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

So me and the wife are having our third baby. Found out last week it’s going to be a girl? Any advice from any Dads with daughters?

Genuinely think I will end up on a mass murder spree when she’s in her teens and ‘boys’ come knocking the door. I have our two older boys to maybe help out a little though 🤷🏻‍♂️

My oldest daughter turns 34 next month and my middle daughter turns 29 next month.  I coached them in softball and basketball.  When they did the cheerleading thing I enjoyed the football games.  Dreaded the cheer competition (get a flask).  Dance recitals require a flask as well.  As for boyfriends, I never had to worry too much because my wife and I raised them to be smart, independent and we always were there to talk to, even the touchy-feely stuff.  Do not let them wear trashy outfits.  It attracts scumbags.  Stand firm on that one.  They knew we always had their backs and still do.  My wife handled the female problems that were not a medical issue.  I got used to buying feminine hygiene products.

I would not change any of it for the world.  Until they become teenagers they are just kids like all kids except for playing football.  The teenage years can be rough at times especially between mom and girls.  Use the flask and never answer a question or give them permission to do something unless you pass it through your wife first.  Learn to play dumb.  It took me years for my wife to think of me as a functional idiot and it is bliss.  Say no to clothes shopping from the first time they ask.  Set that tone because you will not be able to carry enough flasks for that one.  Teaching them to drive was a breeze.  Girls are more mature and have more confidence if you reinforce that.  Teaching my son to drive required the flask.  Also, set the tone for cell phone use and stick with it.  I would rather have them huffing and puffing than having their head in a phone at the dinner table. Not as big an issue for me because of the timeframe.  Girls are very catty and they will come from school miserable a lot.  Give them a shoulder and an ear. Keep the advice in that arena minimal because "you just won't understand".  If it is especially rough, take her for ice cream or a movie make it just a daddy daughter thing.  Do NOT Take Her Clothes Shopping!

Good Luck and get those flasks.

Edited by xrade

19 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Congrats man!!! My daughter just turned 2 like 6 weeks ago, so I can only give advice up to that age range. It's great man. She will have you wrapped around your finger in no time. Get used to Disney Princesses, songs, dancing and all the girl things.

Haha I feel okay with all the Disney stuff as you know it’s just 15 years from now il be a nervous wreck!! Good to have someone to bounce ideas off as they get older! 

16 hours ago, xrade said:

My oldest daughter turns 34 next month and my middle daughter turns 29 next month.  I coached them in softball and basketball.  When they did the cheerleading thing I enjoyed the football games.  Dreaded the cheer competition (get a flask).  Dance recitals require a flask as well.  As for boyfriends, I never had to worry too much because my wife and I raised them to be smart, independent and we always were there to talk to, even the touchy-feely stuff.  Do not let them wear trashy outfits.  It attracts scumbags.  Stand firm on that one.  They knew we always had their backs and still do.  My wife handled the female problems that were not a medical issue.  I got used to buying feminine hygiene products.

I would not change any of it for the world.  Until they become teenagers they are just kids like all kids except for playing football.  The teenage years can be rough at times especially between mom and girls.  Use the flask and never answer a question or give them permission to do something unless you pass it through your wife first.  Learn to play dumb.  It took me years for my wife to think of me as a functional idiot and it is bliss.  Say no to clothes shopping from the first time they ask.  Set that tone because you will not be able to carry enough flasks for that one.  Teaching them to drive was a breeze.  Girls are more mature and have more confidence if you reinforce that.  Teaching my son to drive required the flask.  Also, set the tone for cell phone use and stick with it.  I would rather have them huffing and puffing than having their head in a phone at the dinner table. Not as big an issue for me because of the timeframe.  Girls are very catty and they will come from school miserable a lot.  Give them a shoulder and an ear. Keep the advice in that arena minimal because "you just won't understand".  If it is especially rough, take her for ice cream or a movie make it just a daddy daughter thing.  Do NOT Take Her Clothes Shopping!

Good Luck and get those flasks.

I’m very hopeful having the two older boys it will make it easier but being Italian and a Scorpio I pity the fool who messes her around lol!!  
Thanks for the advice 👍🏼

19 hours ago, xenajets said:

Ah Italian girl.   I need your picture so I won't whistle at her in front of you 19 year later. wink.

Only two things I can think of are fattening her up or giving her Katie Sowers' biography story.

Congrats and Good Luck.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xenajets said:

Congratulations, fratello

Next we need to be talking namessss

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Haha I feel okay with all the Disney stuff as you know it’s just 15 years from now il be a nervous wreck!! Good to have someone to bounce ideas off as they get older! 

Ya that's what I get nervous about to. I just keep telling myself if my wife and I raise her right, she will be great. And stick to that. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Can’t win games giving up 8+ runs

Actually, the Yankees can but it is not a good game plan.  As much as I despise TB (approaching Redsox level disgust), I admire the way the build their team.  It is like they have it figured out while the rest of the league including the Yanks still have not.