The Random Thread (TAJT!)

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Man the Knicks are so good at the minute. I’m hoping the Jets can turn it around just the same.  

Ya they're rolling. They still wont win anything bc of how stacked the league is with these big 3 teams everywhere. But its great seeing them win again.

The Islanders are the team I'm a fan of that have a legit shot. Almost made the cup last year and look even better this year. They'll make a run for it. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

But Yankees still SUCK

I saw this coming 2 years ago. I think Cashman’s time is done.  First thing to do is fire the hitting coach. 

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

Man the Knicks are so good at the minute. I’m hoping the Jets can turn it around just the same.  

I've been cashing in on the Knicks for the last 6 weeks.  Who would have ever thunk it?  THere is no team that is better in winning back-to-backs in the NBA.  The $$ won on Knicks has almost compensated me for all the losses in college hoops betting.    Almost back to even.  Go Knicks!

On 4/12/2021 at 10:43 AM, xrade said:

I have a water-well. Great because I don’t have a water bill. Bad because I have no water if power goes out unless I run my generator. Also, it cost $1500 to replace several years ago and you’re at the mercy of the water quality from the aquifer.

Same here.  Only the pump nowadays is going to cost closer to $2500-$3000 when it goes.  We replaced ours about 20 years ago.  It was $1,300 then.  

So a pitcher pitched 9 innings without allowing a hit but it won't be on an official book as no hit game because of scheduled 7 inning game.

Is that what they try to tell me?

4 minutes ago, NewAge said:

No he only pitched 7

I know but I was referring to the reason why Bumgarner's gem wasn't recognized as a no hitter.  Scheduled 7 inning game is the reason so what would happen if he completed 9 innings instead of 7?

Edited by JetsandI

“No-hitters by teams and individuals shall not be credited in scheduled seven-inning games, unless the game goes to extra innings and the team (or individual in a complete game) pitches at least nine innings and does not allow a hit.”

• Like 1

Gonna be my 1st time in forever that I wont be drinking for the draft this Thursday. Maybe this will be the good luck change we need. I get my vaccine literally right before the draft (my 2nd shot). And I doubt I'll be in the mood to drink right after. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Gonna be my 1st time in forever that I wont be drinking for the draft this Thursday. Maybe this will be the good luck change we need. I get my vaccine literally right before the draft (my 2nd shot). And I doubt I'll be in the mood to drink right after. 

I have had COVID and then had the J and J shot six weeks later. 

COVID sucks I was down for 2 weeks and I NEVER get sick. This is real and if people say it is fake I just laugh beacsue it happened to me. 

59 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

COVID sucks I was down for 2 weeks and I NEVER get sick. This is real and if people say it is fake I just laugh beacsue it happened to me. 

Sorry I follow the Centners. lol    Anyway, you still can get Covid after JJ shot but it won't be a severe illness. That begs a question about spreading.    As far as coronavirus goes, if you get infected you are liable for spreading the virus.

Jose Altuve got COVID after first jab so he has stayed away from the team. Unfortunately.

People need to understand that getting vaccine for real purpose which is to eliminate pandemic, not coronavirus itself.   Vaccine never is 100 effective.

Bottom line is if you get sick during the pandemic you need to stay away from people. Real or not.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yeah... my mother felt weird after 2nd shot.   PFzer jab.    Maybe you may need a few people in a room so you can get enough air to breathe just in case.  Less physical bumping may be a good idea, also.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Glad to see you recovered well. Any side effects?  This whole vaccination thing is pretty tricky. You can’t force people to get the shot, but if the don’t they run the risk of infecting others as a carrier.  Everyone in my family has both Pfizer shots. But until this pandemic dies down completely, we may still avoid large indoor crowds. I can’t trust the people I am around to be smart. I was supposed to go to see Primus in Philly this July (now October), but if there is still COVID talk, I may not go. I really want to see Les Claypool. I play bass guitar.