The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Tell me about the future of Marve Studios films, etc, bro

I need the Fantastic Four castings asap!

lmao I don't have that information and I wouldn't say anything if I did. The mouse would kill me. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I work for Disney/Marvel Studios on the covid side.  I don't know much about what's going on with the parks, but I know they're definitely opening back up soon. They're going to make their money back and more with everyone being excited & vaccinated. 

Is Killmonger coming back. And did Cap smash black widow

20 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

You definitely made some great points. 

Cali recently opened concert venues and places like that back to 75% last month and I'm surprised that Florida has any restrictions at all. Georgia is basically wide open. The capacity limits are about to lift sooner than people think because of how fast people are getting vaccinated. Companies like this are spending millions on creating a safer environment, but once when the covid numbers are low enough, they're going to end it pretty quickly so they can invest that money back into what they lost. They'll probably just put a warning in writing for those who chose not to get vaccinated to protect themselves. 

The problem is companies like Disney have to make their money back to pay to get more employees to handle those large crowds again. The 50th anniversary is a great target, but I'm thinking we're going to see the real leap in August. Avenger Campus, The new Star Wars, and more on top of all the fact people are ready to get out. If Disney have some type of sale, they will definitely be full by october. I'm expecting a roaring 20's type of leap by the end of the year.

Very well could be and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's close to fully open this summer. I know my family in Tampa who normally meet up with us at the parks when we're there, don't want to go into the parks right now bc they won't wear a mask all day in the FL heat. So we are trying to find a way for them to still come and hang out. Disney doesnt require masks by the pool, so maybe they do a pool day with us. Last year when WDW reopened it was in like mid July. And people were still pretty iffy about going there (very low crowds), so I think the FL heat wasn't as big of a deal with the masks. This summer with what will be a higher capacity and maybe still require masks... I could see that changing the masks laws.

Living in TX where we got rid of the mask requirement like 2 months ago, I will say it hasn't changed much. Most businesses still require you to wear them to enter there business. So a place like Disney could see more guests coming in if they allowed vaccinated guests to not wear masks. A big line to cross. But I'm sure it will happen eventually. You see the cruise industry has already pretty much required the vaccine. Speaking for myself... I am vaccinated, but my wife isn't. My wife never even gets the flu shot, so she said she wasn't getting the Covid shot. Now what she has said... is since we travel so much... that if she cant go places bc she isn't vaccinated, she will get the shot. So our main places we travel are to Mexico, Disney World and NY. If those 3 places don't require the vaccine, my wife wont get it. But if even just 1 of them does, she will.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Very well could be and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's close to fully open this summer. I know my family in Tampa who normally meet up with us at the parks when we're there, don't want to go into the parks right now bc they won't wear a mask all day in the FL heat. So we are trying to find a way for them to still come and hang out. Disney doesnt require masks by the pool, so maybe they do a pool day with us. Last year when WDW reopened it was in like mid July. And people were still pretty iffy about going there (very low crowds), so I think the FL heat wasn't as big of a deal with the masks. This summer with what will be a higher capacity and maybe still require masks... I could see that changing the masks laws.

Living in TX where we got rid of the mask requirement like 2 months ago, I will say it hasn't changed much. Most businesses still require you to wear them to enter there business. So a place like Disney could see more guests coming in if they allowed vaccinated guests to not wear masks. A big line to cross. But I'm sure it will happen eventually. You see the cruise industry has already pretty much required the vaccine. Speaking for myself... I am vaccinated, but my wife isn't. My wife never even gets the flu shot, so she said she wasn't getting the Covid shot. Now what she has said... is since we travel so much... that if she cant go places bc she isn't vaccinated, she will get the shot. So our main places we travel are to Mexico, Disney World and NY. If those 3 places don't require the vaccine, my wife wont get it. But if even just 1 of them does, she will.

Great point about the Florida heat. Also, I hated the tanlines I got last summer when I had my mask on. lol 

Disney will likely still provide masks and still force that part, but I expect them to dump the spacing & capacity rules sooner than later. 

It's going to be really tough for those who choose not to get the vaccine. I don't blame them for being hesitant, but these major companies are going to try to protect themselves by either requiring everyone to be vaccinated or have no restrictions putting the unvaccinated at risk. The NFL draft and other events required everyone to be vaccinated to attend. That's going to keep happening for a while and as long as it works, more will follow those steps. 

I have my own production company on the side I'm currently working on and this is something I have to consider going forward because I can't take a big hit because of the virus. 

Edited by rickyt31
  • Like 1