The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Alright guys... I’m off for Disney world early tomorrow morning for 9 days.

So while I’ll be able to check the forum here and there... I’ll mostly not be on.

So behave yourselves 😉

I sure hope this is a working vacation, I still have not received my income tax refund yet. I am even willing to meet you at the Grand Floridian hotel, by the pool where you can finish my taxes. I live only 13 miles from WDW.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I sure hope this is a working vacation, I still have not received my income tax refund yet. I am even willing to meet you at the Grand Floridian hotel, by the pool where you can finish my taxes. I live only 13 miles from WDW.

We're staying at Disney's Beach Club but are actually going to the Grand Floridian an afternoon. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

How was it bro? Side note have you ever stayed in the Reunion resort villas or hotel? 

Man it was great. Weather was incredible. Was there for 9 days and not 1 rain drop. Sunny and in the mid 80s everyday. Kids had a blast. We had a great routine where we were at a resort that was like a 5min walk into Epcot. So we'd go to a park in the mornings when the kids would wake up and go back for a nap around 2:00pm each day. When the kids would wake up at like 4:00pm, we'd just walk into Epcot or go to the pool and then go into Epcot. It was great that they lifted the mask outdoors the day before we arrived. That helped a ton. You still have to wear them indoors and on the rides. But to just walk around with no mask helped a ton in the heat. It was more crowded than I thought it would be. I think local Floridians got excited and came out bc the mask restrictions got lifted.

I've actually never stayed at Reunion resort. But I have golfed there. The resort looked nice. But I cant say what it's actually like inside and all.

18 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Nice! How old are your kids? Do you think 9 days was a good amount for them? Did you check other parks or just Epcot?

Kids are 14 months and 2.5yrs old. I thought 9 days was good. We did each park twice in the mornings. And bc of them being young they cant go on every ride bc they're not tall enough yet (have to be 40" for most the big rides) and my 2.5yr old is about 38" tall. So they can only do so much in the parks anyway. But it made it where we didn't have to rush and allowed us to go back for naps. Which was great. I think if we did a shorter trip, we wouldn't have been able to do nearly enough. And I'm in the line of thinking of not being selfish for myself at Disney World and make the kids tired so I can do things. Just let them sleep if they're tired. With 2 kids its hard for us to have them both nap in the stroller at the same time. Stroller is plenty big and comfortable enough, but all it takes is for 1 of them to stir and it wakes the other up. So we just would go back to the room. But the resort you choose IMO is huge. It was incredible to be able to go back into Epcot in 5min after they woke up and also able to get them home quickly when they got tired for nighttime. Location is everything at WDW. 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Man it was great. Weather was incredible. Was there for 9 days and not 1 rain drop. Sunny and in the mid 80s everyday. Kids had a blast. We had a great routine where we were at a resort that was like a 5min walk into Epcot. So we'd go to a park in the mornings when the kids would wake up and go back for a nap around 2:00pm each day. When the kids would wake up at like 4:00pm, we'd just walk into Epcot or go to the pool and then go into Epcot. It was great that they lifted the mask outdoors the day before we arrived. That helped a ton. You still have to wear them indoors and on the rides. But to just walk around with no mask helped a ton in the heat. It was more crowded than I thought it would be. I think local Floridians got excited and came out bc the mask restrictions got lifted.

I've actually never stayed at Reunion resort. But I have golfed there. The resort looked nice. But I cant say what it's actually like inside and all.

Glad you all had a wonderful time. 

Yeah we often find we’d have a day of craziness at the park and the the following day just resting by the pool in the villa. Gives the babies (and us!) a chance to rest up. Because of the flight costs and travel etc we only tend to visit once a year if lucky so try and do 2-3 weeks which is great but like i said the cost of flights etc means it’s unrealistic to do it again for another 12 months. We stay at the Cumbrian Lakes which is a good but I’d love to know your resort? Is it villas or a hotel? 

Reunion looks the bomb. I’d love to retire out there if I was able to snag a green card....my mum and dad had a villa in Kissimmee for years but sold it not long after they had three hurricanes in as many years and just became too much of a headache. 

17 hours ago, xenajets said:

Glad you all had a wonderful time. 

Yeah we often find we’d have a day of craziness at the park and the the following day just resting by the pool in the villa. Gives the babies (and us!) a chance to rest up. Because of the flight costs and travel etc we only tend to visit once a year if lucky so try and do 2-3 weeks which is great but like i said the cost of flights etc means it’s unrealistic to do it again for another 12 months. We stay at the Cumbrian Lakes which is a good but I’d love to know your resort? Is it villas or a hotel? 

Reunion looks the bomb. I’d love to retire out there if I was able to snag a green card....my mum and dad had a villa in Kissimmee for years but sold it not long after they had three hurricanes in as many years and just became too much of a headache. 

Ya I've never done a WDW trip that long being that us in the US don't go on "Holiday" like that (I wish we did). Longest I've done is 11 days.

We normally stay on property. Our favorites are the expensive ones though. Our 3 favorites are Beach Club (where we just stayed), Polynesian and Grand Floridian. But obviously they're pricey. So I totally understand if people don't care to spend that much for a Disney hotel.

My parents and my brother have timeshares in the Lake Buena Vista area. So we stay there every other trip or so as well. Saves a ton of money. But is harder with real little kids. Going back to the resort and all is harder. There's for sure ways to save money on your stays. Rental Houses are a good way as well on VRBO.

As for moving there... It's a wish of mine as well. But being where I work, I don't have the freedom to go wherever I want. So it'd have to take a very high paying job to get me to move there. Which I don't see happening. Windermere, Winter Park and Celebration are the best towns close to all the theme parks in Orlando for families with kids and all. 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I've never done a WDW trip that long being that us in the US don't go on "Holiday" like that (I wish we did). Longest I've done is 11 days.

We normally stay on property. Our favorites are the expensive ones though. Our 3 favorites are Beach Club (where we just stayed), Polynesian and Grand Floridian. But obviously they're pricey. So I totally understand if people don't care to spend that much for a Disney hotel.

My parents and my brother have timeshares in the Lake Buena Vista area. So we stay there every other trip or so as well. Saves a ton of money. But is harder with real little kids. Going back to the resort and all is harder. There's for sure ways to save money on your stays. Rental Houses are a good way as well on VRBO.

As for moving there... It's a wish of mine as well. But being where I work, I don't have the freedom to go wherever I want. So it'd have to take a very high paying job to get me to move there. Which I don't see happening. Windermere, Winter Park and Celebration are the best towns close to all the theme parks in Orlando for families with kids and all. 

Yeah British people tend to do 7, 14, 21 night stays unless it’s like a weekend city break or something like that. 

It works out the same price for flights and usually you can get a nice discount staying for three weeks. The villa we stay in is a friend of a friend so although we don’t get a great discount it at least pays for one of the babies Disney tickets!!! 

The Disney hotels look amazing. Only stayed in one years ago. Just can’t justify the price now though as I’d need to rent out a whole floor with all these babies!!! 😬 We have stayed at the Hilton at Seaworld before but just like the Villas better in truth. Always get them at a great price also as there’s literally thousands all competing against eachother. 

Same here...I’d love to pack it all in and move out there but completely unrealistic until I’m probs at retirement age and my parents/in laws leave their inheritance!! Not that I’m wishing death on them I promise!! 😎

Windermere would be where I’d live if I win the lottery! 

Just put our deposit down for January 2022 so I just hope everything is still okay by then!! 

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, xenajets said:

the godfather GIF

Me and the Knicks right now 🥺

They still exceeded expectations. Thing now is there’s no big way to improve the team this offseason unless they make a huge trade. The FA market isn’t great until 2022. PG help is needed big time. We have 2 1st rounder but will both won’t be in the lottery. So we can grab 2 good players. But nothing that will move the needle much I’m sure.

Islanders are who you need to watch right now 😉 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

They still exceeded expectations. Thing now is there’s no big way to improve the team this offseason unless they make a huge trade. The FA market isn’t great until 2022. PG help is needed big time. We have 2 1st rounder but will both won’t be in the lottery. So we can grab 2 good players. But nothing that will move the needle much I’m sure.

Islanders are who you need to watch right now 😉 

Oh absolutely!! The problem with winning is you then don’t want it to stop. I thought we’d beat the Hawks over 7 games so I’m surprised we only won 1 game in the series. 

Yeah a PG is needed badly. Chris Paul is supposedly rejecting his player option to become a FA and will be a target for us I’m sure. Bit older but had a great year in Phoenix. 

I can see Leon Rose bringing in a big name to help out Randle and Barrett.