The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It's great when you can find a real estate investment like that.

I have to be honest though. That while I'm not useless when it comes to DIY stuff... its my brother and Dad who are the incredibly handy ones. They're the ones helping me with all this. They've done remodels like this for years for themselves. Without them I'd have to hire someone for nearly everything. Which costs twice as much. I also have to give HUGE credit to my wife. She has great vision and style for a house. Our style is that modern farmhouse style. Bigger ranch house with painted brick and all. I'm in charge more of the backyard, where I've chosen how I want that. Being I'm the one who grills, smokes food, drinks beer outside while watching games and such. So it was a good compromise, but we both like each others plans for the house. There's things she wants that I think are a waste of money (she really likes those expensive frames in TV's, I could careless about them). So we are getting those for the interior against my will. That being said... she wanted just grey concrete countertops for the bar and grill area bc they were cheaper and I said I wanted a whitish/grey granite and that's what we're dp9ing. So it's all a compromise.

Unlike you though @xenajetsmy wife and I stopping after 2 kids (I actually got snipped 2 weeks ago). So we wont really ever outgrow this house we bought. 

Sounds great man. I think anytime you take on a big project having family members who are handy and great at DIY is such a life saver! Having a wife who shares your same vision is essential too. 

Oh damnnnn!! There’s zero chance that’s happening here. Hope your not feeling to sore my man!!!!!! 😉

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Glad y’all have been doing alright throughout the pandemic.

We been fine as well. My wife homeschools our kids. So, our kids haven’t lost a beat in the education department. And I’ve fortunately have been able to maintain my income.

The biggest issue we’ve been dealing with is our mental health. The fear around COVID really did a number on us. But we’ve been focused on righting that ship since January. I think we are back and have been enjoying our lives since that time. Took a family trip in May and will be heading to NY in July.

Glad to hear you and your family are well. Sticking together and getting through tough times will without doubt build stronger bonds. 

I recently found out a friend really suffered through the pandemic. Split from his wife (and three kids) and also had a family inheritance that completely ripped through his family and caused lots of fights over money etc. His mental health which was always something he fought against completely gave way. He tried to take his own life twice. Thankfully he’s in a much better place now but still the pandemic has caused destruction in his life.

I really feel the number of illness and death caused through covid is obviously major serious but the numbers in domestic violence, mental health breakdowns, suicides etc must all be through the roof.

22 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Great win, fra

The first half was choppy but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as it was opening minutes in their first tournament.

Bro I thought we were the best we’ve been since 06 and the World Cup win. Turkey were highly rated and somewhat of a dark horse here in the UK but we just passed them to death. 

Love the style of play and Mancini has the team playing great. Really enjoyed watching us just destroy a decent team.

Also Andrea killed the intro…backdrop of the coliseum and ‘Nessun Dorma’ being played. Couldn’t get more Italian 😂😂

On 6/11/2021 at 9:30 PM, Bobby816 said:

Yes we actually did a pool at work. I got Italy, England and Croatia (you don’t get whoever you want, we do it like a FF draft and I had the 6th pick).

Decent three teams although England and Croatia are in the same group which doesn’t help you. Being half Italian and half English it looks like your going to be with me during these Euros!!!! 

PS…anyone see what happened to Cristian Erickson? Thought he had died during the game. Was horrible to watch. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 5:59 AM, xenajets said:

@Bianconero Bro!!!!!! Haven’t slept after the celebrations and in work first thing! Nothing like a few espressos to get me through the day!!! Forza Italia!!! It’s coming to Rome!!! 🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹

Dood - What a tournament, what a special team

We came a long way since 2018 - WHAT A TIMEEEEEEEEEE 🇮🇹

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

Dood - What a tournament, what a special team

We came a long way since 2018 - WHAT A TIMEEEEEEEEEE 🇮🇹

Amazing bro. The lowest of the low when Jorginho had his penalty saved and I’m thinking it’s gone…then big GiGi making another big save!! Just madness! Would of loved to be there. 

I saw the video in Manhattan with all the Italian fans watching the game. Looked a great atmosphere!! 

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

Amazing bro. The lowest of the low when Jorginho had his penalty saved and I’m thinking it’s gone…then big GiGi making another big save!! Just madness! Would of loved to be there. 

I saw the video in Manhattan with all the Italian fans watching the game. Looked a great atmosphere!! 

Bro, when Belotti missed...I was ready to do everything in my power to make sure he never wears this shirt again 😂 (and he shouldn't)

I was in Brooklyn and going crazy - how was it being the only Azzurrino in England?