The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

On 2/2/2022 at 1:17 PM, doumeyer said:

You should have called Biden he would have gotten you in the back door like he has done for millions of illegal immigrants.

Pro tip, republican and Democrats both suck. Let's keep the politics out of here. There are plenty of other places for people to get inundated with political conspiracies.

So, I just watched draft day(Kevin Costner flick).

My one giant nagging issue is that Costner's character is the guy you are supposed to root for, right? The guy is not likeable at all, has the whole side chick thing going on with Jennifer Garner, and completely screws over the new Jags gm.

I mean, there is zero shot that the jags guy isn't immediately fired after it comes out that he traded the rights to the top QB in the draft for three future second round picks, only for the guy that made the trade to immediately turn around and trade that exact player for three first round picks(one of them being pick 7 in the current draft). That jags guy is toast.

Beyond that, if Seattle wanted the QB, they aren't trading down from one since it seemed like, at the time of the trade multiple teams were going to take him.

Costner needed so many longshots to work out for him to not wind up fired that it felt like Dr strange was guiding him to to one timeline.

So let me get y’all’s opinion on this real quick me and this chick have been really good friends since I met her 4 years back. She started talking to me romantically about 3 weeks ago but if it’s me energy time I push for it

11 hours ago, Dr.O said:

So let me get y’all’s opinion on this real quick me and this chick have been really good friends since I met her 4 years back. She started talking to me romantically about 3 weeks ago but if it’s me energy time I push for it

Not exactly sure what the question is lol.  And how would you define romantically?

I'm sort of in a similar situation I've been friends with this girl for 3+ years and when we first met she just got out of a bad relationship so she was flaky, understood. But she texts me practically every day for two years straight.  She lives in the city now but asked me to get dinner or coffee when she was home one weekend last month so we got dinner.  Now she's coming to my close friend's wedding as my date.  But still cannot get a freaking read on her.  She hasn't dated anyone since that breakup 3+ years ago.  I'm treading lightly with Valentine's Day coming up.

Eileen Gu won Gold in Big Air.  Wow.. what a tough break for Tess Ledeux who tried to capture Gold for her father who passed away last month. (edit: one said last year whatever)

Run 1

Gu 93.75

Ledeux 94.5

Run 2

Gu 88.5

Ledeux 93

Run 3

Gu 94.5

Ledeux 73.5

Count two best scores as long as they were opposite (spin/rotation).  Gu led Ledeux by .75.  damn.

Edited by JetsandI

• 2 weeks later...

Once again I talk to myself.

In today's morning, I found out that Anna Shcherbakova won Gold and Kamila Valieva was wiped out.  In my head, I felt good because of 2 reasons.  

Firstly, Anna was my pick for Gold, which makes it back to back successful picks for me.   Remember Alina Zagitova of 2018.  Woof! Woof! Woof! *Panting*

Secondly, there was medal ceremony to be successfully held instead of 2 no medal ceremonies in the same Olympic. Phew! However, after I watched free skate performances of 3 Russian skaters tonight.

Oh My God!

Anna aced it but lost to Alexandra (Sasha) Trusova in that event but Anna had much higher score in short program.  Hence, Gold for her.

Kamila was flat out horrible as hell.  5 bad landings even one baby stuff. She cried for like 40 minutes or so.  That was so messed up.

Japanese Skate claimed Bronze as Kamila finished in 4th. Anyway, Sasha and Kaori bawled profoundly.  I was confused by that until it become clear for Kaori. 

Sasha? I am not so sure because in her comment, she said claiming Gold is winning, otherwise it is losing. Since she won Silver so I don't know if it was for Kamila's situation or being a loser or having a medal.

One thing that stood out from Anna is she was freaking cold as Arctic.  No crying at all.  She stayed stoically and waited for her coaches coming to her. The duration was good for about 10-15 minutes.  damn.  Even worse, the reporter asked her about mixed emotion and she said no.   My concise summary of her is basically she finished her competition and got Gold so she was good.   Brutal!

I still feel for Kamila.  15 years old girl had to go thru senseless drama.  IOC handled this wrong.  Sending her home and dealing with legal crap would be better solution.  Hopefully, she stays strong afterward.