The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Taking my time with it just beat Renala last night. Focusing more on side quests and exploration than the actual story tbh

I haven't even tried attempting Margit lol.  I have one or two more things I want to do before that.  Going to need a Friday or Saturday night off so I have time and patience.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Josh Donaldson and Gerrit Cole on the same team?    Holy ****!!!!

Hmmm.....I am a bit ambivalent about this trade.  I am a fan of Gio.  Glad to see Gary go.  Curious to see what the do behind the plate.  Is Cashman going back to the old days of George collecting older power hitters that never seem to work out?

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Hmmm.....I am a bit ambivalent about this trade.  I am a fan of Gio.  Glad to see Gary go.  Curious to see what the do behind the plate.  Is Cashman going back to the old days of George collecting older power hitters that never seem to work out?

I like Gio too but it is silly to play him at SS as a stop gap for one of kids.

I am still sick of Yankees collecting right handed hitters. *shrug*

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Josh Donaldson and Gerrit Cole on the same team?    Holy ****!!!!

I think that will be fine from a teammate perspective. 

I just don't think it was a good move for the Yanks.

If you're going to pay someone big bucks go pay Freeman, Story or Correa. 

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

32nplA.gif

Not interested in marquee name SS.   Freeman and Chapman are not out of question as far I reckon.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I can understand their plan, maybe.  Donaldson is only signed through 2024, so we have him for 3 years to play 3rd.  IKF is a young decent SS and is a gold glove 3B.  He is just holding the spot until Volpe is ready (2023?).  So I guess they envision IKF starting at SS, Donaldson at 3B, Gleyber at 2B, and DJ and Voit at 1B for 2022, for now.  In 2023, Donaldson 3B, Volpe SS, Gleyber 2B, DJ / ? 1B, IKF utility.  I really think this trade was just to acquire a stopgap at SS who can move to 3B next year.  Donaldson was a throw-in to get rid of his contract by Minn.  Ideally, I would have preferred Gary for IKF and Rortvedt.  But Minny probably need to Yanks to take Donaldson and throw in Gio.

I think the cost of Story or Correa and the length of the contract scared Cashman especially since we have Volpe in the wings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Not interested in marquee name SS.   Freeman and Chapman are not out of question as far I reckon.

Olson, not Chapman.   Apologies.

Anyway, it looks like Yankees wont' get either one.  May settle with Anthony Rizzo.