The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yesterday, I talked a good friend of mine out of taking their own life. It was scary. Of course, I don't know any of you on a personal level but please take care of your mental health and speak up when you need help. 

Well done mate 👏🏼

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yesterday, I talked a good friend of mine out of taking their own life. It was scary. Of course, I don't know any of you on a personal level but please take care of your mental health and speak up when you need help. 

Yes very eye opening. We lost a buddy of mine to suicide about 6 months ago, he was only 39. He got addicted to pills once he left to get his masters at OU and got mixed around with the wrong group of people. Was never the same again after that. Guy was a crazy good athlete and had a huge heart. Don’t think he was ever able to be ok with the person he became after high school and college bc pills affected his life so much. We even tried doing several inventions with him. But his parents wouldn’t let us. Bc he couldn’t keep a job and had to live with them. Very sad.

Also just lost a coworker to suicide 2 weeks ago. Younger guy at 36 and seemed calm and happy on the outside. But you never know what’s going on in the inside. His suicide was random. But come to find out he was from downtown Philly and hated living away from his family and friends when he moved to Texas. He moved here bc it was a job at our work that pays 225k/yr. In his suicide note. He said he felt he sold his soul to the devil to take that good of a job. So on the surface he looked happy, great job, etc. But on the inside he wasn’t happy at all. So make sure to check on your friends who seem ok as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

It’s so bad lol just getting dinner at my local bar with her runs me almost 100 bucks before tip it’s crazy.

😂 ouch. I decided I'm not entering the draft this year. I'm just going into my first h** phase and get ready for next year's draft.