The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

๐Ÿ˜‚ ouch. I decided I'm not entering the draft this year. I'm just going into my first h** phase and get ready for next year's draft.ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

The Jets lost Rankins and Shepherd to FA. I was not a fan of Shepherd, but didn't want to lose Rankins. Rankins signed with Texas for roughly 10.5 Million.ย 

So the Jets will either have to draft a DL and Bresee would fit that bill. But the guy is a first round talent.

34 minutes ago, Big T said:

The Jets lost Rankins and Shepherd to FA. I was not a fan of Shepherd, but didn't want to lose Rankins. Rankins signed with Texas for roughly 10.5 Million.ย 

So the Jets will either have to draft a DL and Bresee would fit that bill. But the guy is a first round talent.

I liked Rankins as well, but $10.5M is a bit much when we still have Q.ย  Agree about Shepherd.

The Jets are in dire need of a NT they haven't had that in 2 years and while the Jets stats look good against the run. They were 17th in the league against the run, the opposition averaged about 121 yards a game.

The last 3 games of the season the Jets gave up a whopping 169 yards on the ground on average only Detroit and Chicago gave up more during that time.ย 

So when we look at this draft knowing we have needs on the OL, don't be surprised if the Jets don't land a NT/DL that they draft one who they can plug and play.ย 

Not to diminish the need for OL, but the Jets have guy's coming back and have an adequate bunch of backups. The Jets greatest need right now is C with AVT and Becton returning.ย 

Drafting or signing a FA ย or trading for a T is all on the table. But even with Rodgers the Jets have to improve against the run. Coming in 17th in the league is unacceptable, especially knowing throwing against the Jets is a losing proposition.ย 

They will turn to the run, time to shore up our weak spots both on the OL and DL.

Great question for you boys??ย 
ย 

How is it possible for games in the NFL to not have separate fan sections? I find it unreal how fans of opposite teams will sit next to eachother and thereโ€™s very little trouble.ย 
ย 

In Europe at footballย (soccer) games the matches are so hostile that thousands of police are there to stop trouble.ย 
ย 

Have you guys been at a game when something has kicked off or is it always placid?

29 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Great question for you boys??ย 
ย 

How is it possible for games in the NFL to not have separate fan sections? I find it unreal how fans of opposite teams will sit next to eachother and thereโ€™s very little trouble.ย 
ย 

In Europe at footballย (soccer) games the matches are so hostile that thousands of police are there to stop trouble.ย 
ย 

Have you guys been at a game when something has kicked off or is it always placid?

Itโ€™s because we are an enlightened people of peace and tolerance. ย I almost made it through that sentence with a straight face.

My guess is that fandome for a European football team is almost like a religion. Games are like jihads.

28 minutes ago, xrade said:

Itโ€™s because we are an enlightened people of peace and tolerance. ย I almost made it through that sentence with a straight face.

My guess is that fandome for a European football team is almost like a religion. Games are like jihads.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Iโ€˜m not sure. Itโ€™s certainly not because American fans arenโ€™t passionate and as nuts are the rest of us around the world but look at soccer games in Europe, Africa or South America. Itโ€™s completely different to NFL, NBA, MLB games etc.ย 

23 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Iโ€˜m not sure. Itโ€™s certainly not because American fans arenโ€™t passionate and as nuts are the rest of us around the world but look at soccer games in Europe, Africa or South America. Itโ€™s completely different to NFL, NBA, MLB games etc.ย 

Could also be because we are sports saturated. You guys have football and cricket which is like watching golf on quaaludes.ย 

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm new to Formula 1, but I didn't realize how much tickets were. lolย 

Haha. Thatโ€™s why they get paid so much. I for one canโ€™t get into any racing sport with cars (not really a car guy). I do like horse racing though.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Haha. Thatโ€™s why they get paid so much. I for one canโ€™t get into any racing sport with cars (not really a car guy). I do like horse racing though.

LOL Right. I felt so broke looking at the Miami tickets. Horse racing is probably something I'll get into. I want to catch one in Saratoga. I was born there, but know nothing about that city. Good time to explore it. lmao

29 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

LOL Right. I felt so broke looking at the Miami tickets. Horse racing is probably something I'll get into. I want to catch one in Saratoga. I was born there, but know nothing about that city. Good time to explore it. lmao

My wife is from Saratoga. So we go back once or twice a year to se ever family and always do a one of the trips during track season. My father in law is retired and just for fun is some Sort of supervisor up there at the booths. So heโ€™s too busy to bet. But he gets a ton of tickets that people leave that have won. And he puts them all on a card. And when I go up there he gives it to me to use. So I get to gamble for free with normally around $500. There is a decent track here in Texas too that we like going to. They do dollar beer days and have some good local Texas country singers do concerts out there and stuff.

• Like 1