The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

• 1 month later...

I watched the repeated show, "The Big Bang Theory" yesterday evening while waiting for something.   If they decide to remake that show then I highly recommend Kelley Levis to be new Penny.   Woot! Woot! Woot!

Sorry.   Carry on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 1:50 PM, Dr.O said:

Guessing you’re apart of WGA?

Nah, Teamster 728. But because of the strike with them, SAG, and the AMPTP, I've been out of work pretty much all year. I worked a few weeks on Cap 4 and a week on a Tyler Perry Production. lol To give an idea, I've worked 27 productions the last 7 years. I was never without work. Now I've worked 3 temp jobs this year outside of film. 

We have a big problem at OT. If we are going to go all in, we have to go all in. Need a legitimate RT here ASAP. Becton cant play RT and neither can Brown, Mitchell also is far from a starter and has been struggling. To go and get Rodgers and have the line be the reason we cant win is unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

We have a big problem at OT. If we are going to go all in, we have to go all in. Need a legitimate RT here ASAP. Becton cant play RT and neither can Brown, Mitchell also is far from a starter and has been struggling. To go and get Rodgers and have the line be the reason we cant win is unacceptable. 

Agree but who?  The FA cupboard is bare. Teams will not part with a starting caliber OT. All we have is seeing who becomes available after cuts. Even then, we are probably not getting an upgrade. Brown should be back for week 1. At RT, all we can hope for is one of Mitchell, Turner or Becton steps up.

OL needed to be addressed early in the offseason. It wasn’t. 

14 hours ago, ekill08x said:

^This.  Neither Becton nor Brown is a viable RT option. It would be irresponsible and incompetent for them to put all that pressure on his repaired right knee.    JD has to go get one.   It's on him now.  We have a tremendous opportunity.  Go get what the team needs most!

1 hour ago, dcat said:

^This.  Neither Becton nor Brown is a viable RT option. It would be irresponsible and incompetent for them to put all that pressure on his repaired right knee.    JD has to go get one.   It's on him now.  We have a tremendous opportunity.  Go get what the team needs most!

What options are there at this moment?  I'd love to buy a private island but the options in my price range are nil.  We'll have to wait for roster cuts to see who becomes available but I won't hold my breath hoping for a starter to be set free.

Heard on Pittsburgh sports radio that jason peters plans to start visiting teams. Dallas, Philly and the NYJ are on his short list. looks like he wants to play for a contender. He has played RT prior, granted he's on the wrong side of 40 years old, but could be a solid stop gap with his experience. 

I have to keep this quiet, but I know this is a safe space. lol 

I'll be producing media and segments for a new sports analytics company called Reel Analytics. Deion Sanders, Trent Dilfer, College Football programs, and others have used the company to measure prospects' athleticism. 

I'm going to try my best to get a Jet involved. lol 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I have to keep this quiet, but I know this is a safe space. lol 

I'll be producing media and segments for a new sports analytics company called Reel Analytics. Deion Sanders, Trent Dilfer, College Football programs, and others have used the company to measure prospects' athleticism. 

I'm going to try my best to get a Jet involved. lol 

Nice. A little inside info before the draft is always cool. Good luck. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 3:25 PM, canadianjetsfan said:

It looks like work is sending me to NY in late September, so I am actually going to be able to see the Jets home game against the Pats.  

Any tips/ must do’s for the game that anyone can share?

Never been to a home game.

Can’t wait!!

There's a huge tailgate happening for that game by the owner of another Jets forum.  Send me a PM if you want the info.  ALways fun and lots of out-of-towner Jets fans who read the forum are there every year.