The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

Hey a couple of you guys are Italian, right?

Is there any must-see stuff in Italy I should look into? I'm going to be over there in the summer. Mostly in Rome but places like Florence and Naples aren't too far either. I could venture out farther with a compelling reason. I'm not a big art guy, but I'm open to a bit of anything. I'm very into ancient Roman history, which is my reason for going.

5 hours ago, TheChad said:

Is there any must-see stuff in Italy I should look into? I'm going to be over there in the summer. Mostly in Rome but places like Florence and Naples aren't too far either. I could venture out farther with a compelling reason. I'm not a big art guy, but I'm open to a bit of anything. I'm very into ancient Roman history, which is my reason for going.

Rome is great as you have all the main hot touristy spots..Collesium, Trevi Fountain etc.

My Dad is actually from Naples so I’m biased but it’s so worth going to see. The city itself is a great place (some areas you need to avoid) but it’s very edgy and real. Down the amalfi coast is stunning with Sorrento and Positano being personal favourites. 

If you did get chance there are two islands just off Naples (easily accesssible from Naples main port) called Ischia and Capri. Both are just untouched beauty. Ischia is less touristy so it’s my favourite out of the two. Both are expensive though. 

Any more  info just pm me. ??

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheChad said:

Thanks so much for the info @xenajets. Those islands do indeed look incredible, and I wouldn't have even thought of getting off the mainland.

No problem. Let me know if you need anything. Even tips from going from the mainland to the islands. Are you going with your girl or family? 

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

No problem. Let me know if you need anything. Even tips from going from the mainland to the islands. Are you going with your girl or family? 

Just me. I'll be in Europe for a business trip, and I've wanted to visit Rome in particular for a while so I figured I'd go while I'm nearby.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheChad said:

if you end up in florence, i'd suggest Piazza del Duom where there's a bunch of famous buildings to see such as Baptistery of Saint John, Florence Cathedral and the Campanile di Giotto.  The best part of that city to me though is the bobli gardens, its like a park/museum with a bunch of italian scultpure work

• Like 1

On 4/18/2018 at 9:24 AM, TheChad said:

I can add some good info to add on top of the other guys later tonight when I have some extended time

-----

PS whats with the #JetsNewUnis hashtag that Darron Lee keeps chirping about?

Is this a real thing or is he just annoying and dumb?

I've never seen a player spend this much time on a topic like this before for it not to be an actual real thing

58 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

The Phins and Jags just both unveiled their new jerseys that are "classic" in style

And all of the mock-ups that Darron Lee and co have been showing us are classic

Something actually may be brewing

Lee needs to worry about his play more than our uniform. 

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

So according to Darron Lee we’re getting new jerseys on 5/17

That's what I don't get

Don't you need to submit your proposal and all of this other stuff like a year or two in advance? None of this makes sense to me, lol

10 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

That's what I don't get

Don't you need to submit your proposal and all of this other stuff like a year or two in advance? None of this makes sense to me, lol

Maybe this was what he was working on last offseason instead off trying to develop as a ILB...which depending on the jerseys I’m ok with.