The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Bianconero said:

I keep accidentally clicking members' names and going to their profile instead of going to the last post in a thread

Also, it'd be cool if they made a classic Footballs Future-inspired theme instead of the blue

This is for all Jet fans who live out of the area and have Sunday ticket, thru Direct TV. Since I retired and moved to Florida, several years ago I have had the Sunday ticket. After talking to other people down here who have Sunday ticket I am finding out that every body is paying a different price. And the difference is not just a few bucks but as much a $20.00 a month for 6 months. I have no special deal with them, after negotiating with them for two hours, dealing with two different people they are now charging me $17.99 per mo for the 6 motths. If you don't mind I am curious what some of you folks are paying. 

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend watching whichever game Tony Romo is calling next week.

He was fantastic in the Raiders-Titans game and helped make it really enjoyable. I was expecting him to just be "not Phil Simms" (which is plenty on its own), but he was actually insightful and seemed to be really having a great time.

• 1 month later...

Here's what I don't understand: why would Kyle Shanahan leave the Falcons to join the 49ers as HC?

I know it's a promotion and more money and moving up the ladder etc, but it seemed so shortsighted to me at the time and doesn't look much better now. He joined an organisation that recently lost a fantastic (albeit a hard to deal with) coach because he and management couldn't see eye to eye. He left a record-setting offense to join a team where Brian Hoyer was far and away their best option at QB, and the rest of the team isn't exactly talent rich. He gets to be HC but he's in a very difficult situation where it's very hard to make himself look good.

The Falcons offense seems to miss him badly and the 49ers are are 0-7 whilst the "worst roster ever" Jets have 3 wins. So, everybody lost. He's 37 and I just don't understand the rush.

It probably bothers me more than it should, but I was hoping the Falcons would do well this year and I could follow them along with the energy I'm not using on the Jets.

He's got the Shanahan name so he wants to prove himself.

What's more disappointing to me is Sarkisian as an OC.  With the talent he has on roster it amazes me how bad of a play caller he is, I remember seeing something last week where Freeman had a long run on first down (netting a new set of downs) and the next 3 plays were incomplete passes.  The running game for that team is so dependable between Coleman and Freeman and it just gets ignored.  

10 hours ago, TheChad said:

Here's what I don't understand: why would Kyle Shanahan leave the Falcons to join the 49ers as HC?

I know it's a promotion and more money and moving up the ladder etc, but it seemed so shortsighted to me at the time and doesn't look much better now. He joined an organisation that recently lost a fantastic (albeit a hard to deal with) coach because he and management couldn't see eye to eye. He left a record-setting offense to join a team where Brian Hoyer was far and away their best option at QB, and the rest of the team isn't exactly talent rich. He gets to be HC but he's in a very difficult situation where it's very hard to make himself look good.

The Falcons offense seems to miss him badly and the 49ers are are 0-7 whilst the "worst roster ever" Jets have 3 wins. So, everybody lost. He's 37 and I just don't understand the rush.

It probably bothers me more than it should, but I was hoping the Falcons would do well this year and I could follow them along with the energy I'm not using on the Jets.

He and Lynch received extra long 6 year contracts because they knew it would take a few years to build something sustainable. 

I thought they had a pretty decent draft and UDFA signings (although I don’t understand the Beathard pick)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, xenajets said:

My thoughts and prayers go out to all that was effected with the terrible events yesterday in NY. 

Hope everyone was okay, I have a Aunt and Uncle who work in Manhattan so was terrified  to hear the news break. 

My son works a couple of blocks away. Thank goodness for cell phones as I was able to find out right away that he was alright.