The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Some really interesting stuff. I know it sounds bad... but the best thing for us as a franchise is have them win another SB or 2 these next couple years... where both Brady and BB hang it up.

I am a conservative guy who believes in capitalism, but this 100 million contract that John Gruden got is flat out nuts. He won a SB with Tampa Bay in 2002, but that team was built by Tony Dungy, and they fired Dungy at the end of the 2001 season, they never gave Tony Dungy a chance to finish the job.   Gruden was a failure in OAKLAND, and was fired. In Tamp Bay, when the team who had talent couldn't win any more he was fired. The college game is no different, now there are Asst. coaches making a million dollars a year.

30 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am a conservative guy who believes in capitalism, but this 100 million contract that John Gruden got is flat out nuts. He won a SB with Tampa Bay in 2002, but that team was built by Tony Dungy, and they fired Dungy at the end of the 2001 season, they never gave Tony Dungy a chance to finish the job.   Gruden was a failure in OAKLAND, and was fired. In Tamp Bay, when the team who had talent couldn't win any more he was fired. The college game is no different, now there are Asst. coaches making a million dollars a year.

How was he a failure in Oakland? He had back to back very good seasons before leaving for Tampa. They actually lost to the SB champs each of this years in the playoffs. Ravens in 00 and NE in 01 and that’s when Oakland should’ve won and the tuck rule started after that game. 

• 4 weeks later...

What I hate more than anything is super bowl Sunday. It is not the game I hate it is all those A-hole who don't watch football all season long , and have to have a Super Bowl party, cars park all over my street. TV shows that no nothing about football and try to be part of the SB. And what could be worst than those F up half time shows, that goes on way to long.

I got Married on the first Super Bowl Jan15 1967, before any body jumps down my throat the wedding was planned way before the date of the SB was announced. The game was played in LA in front of 63, 000 the LA Coliseum was only 63% full, and the game started a 3 pm eastern time. I only saw bit & pieces of the game. To this day I think April my wife is a closet Giant fan, if the Giants & Jets are playing at the same time if I go out to the garage to get a beer I come back and she switch over to the Giant game, and that is another thing the Jets & Giants played at different times 1 PM & 4 PM. not any more how many times this year they played the same time.