McCoy to Oakland?

bucsfan333

I'm not against the move, a 2nd rounder plus another pick is tempting.  DTs  usually dont age well.  It would be a bold move.  I doubt it happens, but with this being a strong interior dline draft, this is the year to get extra picks. I would have a lot of respect for Licht because this would definitely jolt the locker room especially considering right now he is a lame duck as GM.

54 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I'm not against the move, a 2nd rounder plus another pick is tempting.  DTs  usually dont age well.  It would be a bold move.  I doubt it happens, but with this being a strong interior dline draft, this is the year to get extra picks. I would have a lot of respect for Licht because this would definitely jolt the locker room especially considering right now he is a lame duck as GM.

I get the idea of selling high. McCoy's numbers have steadily declined the last few years. But he's still one of the best. So I kinda get it.

At the same time, trading away one of our best players seems odd for a regime that's depending on this season to keep their jobs.

We'll see, I guess.

Also, the second round is the place to be in this draft. If we could pull a second and third, or something similar, it might be hard to pass up.

It would also free up $12.75M in cap space. But it's not like we need it.

This is the first I’ve heard of the potential trade but the last week or so I’ve been wondering how much longer we are willing to pay McCoy that type of money. 

Considering we are already low on rushers if he’s moved this FA/draft must be all about that dline. 

28 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I get the idea of selling high. McCoy's numbers have steadily declined the last few years. But he's still one of the best. So I kinda get it.

At the same time, trading away one of our best players seems odd for a regime that's depending on this season to keep their jobs.

We'll see, I guess.

It would be a bold move for the regime with the job security issue.  It s not necessarily fair, but the team has had 1 winning season in GMCs career.  Certainly not all his fault, but honestly the poor rush defense extends beyond Chris Baker.  This year the defense has to at least be average stopping the run or pass.  Doubtful it happens, but I would classify GMC as a tradeable commodity who I would accept less then a 1st round pick to move.

20 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

This is the first I’ve heard of the potential trade but the last week or so I’ve been wondering how much longer we are willing to pay McCoy that type of money. 

Considering we are already low on rushers if he’s moved this FA/draft must be all about that dline. 

Yeah I’m thinking that too. But also could we be moving to a 3-4? That’s my wonder. Mccoy did say he’s a 4-3 guy not 3-4. However our interest in Quinn may put the 3-4 to rest. 

Honestly, McCoy is good but he’s not elite. If we can fetch a 2nd then sure. I’m all for it Bc the DT class is loaded along with free agency in Loutelli and Poe. 

But if you can only fetch a 4th, keep him one more year. 

31 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Yeah I’m thinking that too. But also could we be moving to a 3-4? That’s my wonder. Mccoy did say he’s a 4-3 guy not 3-4. However our interest in Quinn may put the 3-4 to rest. 

Honestly, McCoy is good but he’s not elite. If we can fetch a 2nd then sure. I’m all for it Bc the DT class is loaded along with free agency in Loutelli and Poe. 

But if you can only fetch a 4th, keep him one more year. 

If I recall you mentioned moving McCoy a few years ago right? Good call maybe a season or two early but the writing was on the wall I guess. 

Article mentions Jackson for Ford. I’d be all over that swap as well. Obviously brings in an outside threat but also makes more room for Godwin. 

28 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Article mentions Jackson for Ford. I’d be all over that swap as well. Obviously brings in an outside threat but also makes more room for Godwin. 

Yup. We'd just have to be sure to keep Hump.

1 hour ago, deuces22wild said:

If I recall you mentioned moving McCoy a few years ago right? Good call maybe a season or two early but the writing was on the wall I guess. 

I’m for moving Jackson for Ford. In a heartbeat. Godwin showed he was clearly the better receiver overall than DJax who was an FA bust. 

15 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I’m for moving Jackson for Ford. In a heartbeat. Godwin showed he was clearly the better receiver overall than DJax who was an FA bust. 

This is wrong. But I'd still make the move.

Archived