2018 offseason:

Resign:

LaMarcus Joyner FS- Tag

Trumaine Johnson CB- 4 yr deal

John Sullivan OC- 1 yr deal

Nickel Robey-Coleman CB- 4 yr deal

Dominick Easley DL- 1 yr deal

Free Agent:

Paul Richardson- 5 yr deal. Sammy Watkins replacement for cheaper money. And can reunite with J.Serra Alumn Robert Woods.

Navarro Bowman- 2 yr deal. Brings a certain mentality to the rams’ defense and will be the thumper until Kiser gets the nod.

Draft:

1/23 – Harold Landry EDGE- starting edge rusher across from Ebukam  

3/87 – Tim Settle NT- some are high on him, but I think he falls to the third because he still is a bit raw and has some trouble keeping his weight down/being in shape. I think he’s a steal here in the third.

4/111 Royce Freeman RB- I think he’s a really talented back that can do everything. Great back up for Gurley.

5/160 – Kevin Tolliver CB- CB depth, bigger athletic CB.

6/183 – Holton Hill CB- I can see Hill as a safety, and that’s what we move him to. Safety depth.

6/194-.Hercules Ma’atafa DE/Edge- undersize lineman but has that fastest get off I’ve seen all yr. didn’t lo

6/195 – Darren Carrington- WR depth, good size and speed. Plus former Duck. LET’S GO DUCKS!!

6/198 – Micah Kiser ILB- great pick up here, thumper in the middle for depth.

7/219 Brett Toth OT- Swing tackle in the near future/potential starter

Offense:

QB: J. Goff, S. Manion, A. Brandon

RB: T. Gurley, R. Freeman, M. Brown, J. Davis

WR: R. Woods, J. Reynolds, D. Carrington

WR: P. Richardson, M. Thomas

WR: C. Kupp, P. Cooper

OT: A. Whitworth B. Toth

OG: R. Saffold A. Eldrenkamp

OC: J. Sullivan, A. Blythe

OG: J. Brown, A. Eldrenkamp

OT: R. Haventein, D. Williams

Defense:

DE: A. DONALD, E. WESTBROOK, M. Fox

NT: T. SETTLE, T. SMART

DE: M. BROCKERS, D. EASLEY,

OLB: H. LANDRY, M. LONGACRE

MLB: A. OGLETREE, C. LITTLETON, B. HAGER

MLB: N. BOWMAN, M. KISER

OLB: S. EBUKAM, H. MA’ATAFA

CB: T. JOHNSON, K. TOLIVER

CB: M. PETERS, T. HILL

CB: N. ROBEY-COLEMAN

FS: L. JOYNER, B. COUNTESS

SS: J. JOHNSON, H. HILL

We stack up on Defense this off-season. I think our defense will excel with the pieces we got via draft and free-agent and have depth to help the rookies we got.  As far as not getting a replacement tackle for Whitworth, if I didn’t pick one in the 1st round it would have been hard to find a replacement later in the round. We stick with swing tackle Daron Williams or move Saffold to tackle if injuries occur.

trade M. Barron for 7th rd pick to Cleveland.

Getting Tolliver in the 5th is the reason why Tru could be expendable. There are plenty of good cornerbacks in this draft. I follow LSU and Tolliver has so much potential. So I’d be fine with Peters, Webster (as he recovers from injury), NRC, Shield (which I heard a rumor the Rams were interested in him, Hill, Tolliver, and Peterson (he showed flashes in Week 17 when he got a chance to start by intercepting Jimmy G twice). So that’s a lot of good cornerback depth to let Tru walk and use that money to resign Watkins.

Archived