The best combo of starting guards that you remember witnessing.

TecmoSuperJoe

Guards don't get enough love. I'm trying to think of the best guard tadems that the NFL has had. At least in the modern era. Recently there was  Marshall Yanda, and Kelechi Osemele. However, my mind keeps coming back to Will Shields and Brian Waters. Especially around 2003 and 2004. 

I can't think of many others though. Nate Newton and Larry Allen in the mid to late 90's for the Cowboys. Bruce Matthews and Mike Munchak for the Oilers in the late 80's. 

Dark horse Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera for the Packers in the early 2000's? 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Carl Nicks-Jahri Evans we’re pretty damn good.

From my time watching football, 11 years, my vote goes to this. I think that a couple of Sitton and Lang's years together would be close to Yanda and Osemele.

2003/2004/2005 Shields/Waters
2010/2011 Nicks/Evans

Those are the top two pairs for me. It's a shame with Nicks that his career went down to injury within a year or two of him hitting his stride. He and Evans would've had their primes line up perfectly, could've dominated together for a good 5/6 years based on how Evans career went.

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

2003/2004/2005 Shields/Waters
2010/2011 Nicks/Evans

Those are the top two pairs for me. It's a shame with Nicks that his career went down to injury within a year or two of him hitting his stride. He and Evans would've had their primes line up perfectly, could've dominated together for a good 5/6 years based on how Evans career went.

Love this one.

Yanda-KO was nice as a recent one as well.

Brutal, who was watching football long before most of us were born, sent me his choice of Best Guard Tandem, pictured below; and the notation that "Fuzzy" Thurston ran the 100-yard-dash in 16.79 seconds in college.

Image result for Jerry Kramer Fuzzy Thurston

Archived