2018 NFL Free Agency

Louis Friend

I think Stewart and/or Murray could be options for the Lions. Move Riddick over to slot WR full time as that's what he is at this point, Give Abdullah one more year to prove himself and draft a RB in this deep RB draft class. Then let Washington/Zenner/Green duke it out for depth purposes. 

QB- Matthew Stafford/Jake Rudock?

RB- Murray or Stewart/Abdullah/Rookie/Depth

WR- Marvin Jones Jr.

TE- Eric Ebron/??????/Michael Roberts

LT- Taylor Decker

LG- Free Agent/Joe Dahl

C- Graham Glasgow

RG- T.J. Lang/Joe Dahl

RT- Rick Wagner

SLOT- Golden Tate/Theo Riddick

WR- Kenny Golladay

The free agents that I think would help us the most:

1.  Trey Burton TE--Ebron is too super athletic but is a headcase.  

2.  TJ Carrie slot CB--He is a really good slot CB.  

3.  Isaiah Crowell RB--The only RB's on our roster that have shown anything are Theo Riddick and Tion Green.  Enough said.

4.  DaQuan Jones DT--Our only depth at DT is Jeremiah Ledbetter.  Ledbetter was solid in spot duty but expecting him to be anything but a role player next year is a stretch.

5.  Anthony Hitchens OLB--Reeves-Mabin flashed some speed but projecting him as a starter is a huge stretch.  This guy could really help us out.

6.  Senio Kelemente OL--Has all OL positions except LT.  If we aren't targeting a LG in the draft we should sign him.

We can't afford all of them but if I had to prioritize, I would sign Trey Burton, DaQuan Jones and Isaiah Crowell.

• 2 weeks later...

New Players-

LB Devon Kennard- 3 yrs $13.5 million ($8.5 million guaranteed)

LB Christian Jones- 2 yr $7.75 million

CB DeShawn Shead- 1 yr $3.35 million

RB LeGarrette Blount- 1 yr $2 million

TE Luke Willson- 1 yr $2.5 million

OG Kenny Wiggins- 2 yrs $5 million

Returning players-

SS Tavon Wilson- 2 yrs $7 million

CB Nevin Lawson- 2 yrs $9.2 million

LS Don Muhlbach- 1 yr $1.015 million

LB Nick Bellore- 1 yr $915,000 <--- estimated by a few sites, no specific details given.

DE Kerry Hyder- 1 yr $680,000

QB Jake Ruddock- 2 yr $990,000

RB Zack Zenner-  1 yr $925,000

48 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

ie We've hit that spot with a cheaper option and likely will address in the draft as well.

If Hankins comes down in price then we could be back in the mix.

8 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Ya I know pretty sure I was the only one here who wanted it to happen at the time 

Pretty sure you've never said who you wanted at any point in any draft.

Pretty sure plenty of people were hoping for Donald (myself included).

I was always vocal on wanting Donald in that draft, including on this forum... And I've been very vocal about how pissed off I still am that we didn't take him too, lol.

But to be fair... Even had we taken Donald the pairing with Suh would have only lasted one year, there was never a realistic chance he was staying in Detroit... He wanted to go to whoever gave him the most money and it was never going to be us. 

That's actually one of the reasons I outlined in a post back then as to why Donald was the obvious choice.... Everyone knew we were going to lose Suh and likely let Fairley walk leaving us with nothing... Will still never understand what the hell Mayhew was thinking.

3 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I was always vocal on wanting Donald in that draft, including on this forum... And I've been very vocal about how pissed off I still am that we didn't take him too, lol.

But to be fair... Even had we taken Donald the pairing with Suh would have only lasted one year, there was never a realistic chance he was staying in Detroit... He wanted to go to whoever gave him the most money and it was never going to be us. 

That's actually one of the reasons I outlined in a post back then as to why Donald was the obvious choice.... Everyone knew we were going to lose Suh and likely let Fairley walk leaving us with nothing... Will still never understand what the hell Mayhew was thinking.

I believe that I had been pro-Donald at the time but had concerns as he was considered undersized. However, because of the Fairley/Suh situation it made a lot of sense to draft Donald and then let either Suh or Fairley go. Looking back on it, also liked Justin Gilbert, Lewan, Z. Martin and Bradley Roby. I was very high on Roby.

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

Pretty sure you've never said who you wanted at any point in any draft.

Pretty sure plenty of people were hoping for Donald (myself included).

Lol that's not how I remember it..

I remember spending a whole day digging up stuff to prove that pick...

I didn't see one mock or ne talk about Donald and if there was prolly cause I brought that up..they even did a forum mock a I was the first post and said Donald and got jumped about fairley the year before...no one knew we were losing such then..good stuff

Archived