Chris Baker

ochocinco4pres

1 hour ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Solder or Norwell? 

No chance 

Indeed, the Bengals won't go after either. But part of the reason we don't go after top shelf talent is we overpay guys and keep them too long. 

Solder will likely get 13-14 mil, Norwell about 12 and Jensen about 8. But instead we'll sign Baker, keep Michael Johnson and Adam Jones and re-sign Bodine. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The risk is he costs 3 mil and is likely to be on the 53 simply due to his contract. Tampa's defense was crap last year and Baker was one of the underachievers. We could re-sign Sims for a veteran minimum benefit deal and probably get better play while saving more than 2 mil.

Eh, it's not like they would use the money any more effectively if they didn't sign him... And it doesn't cost me any money, why not take the low risk?

I'd rather pay 3 million for a rotational tackle than 12 million for a right guard. I have similar issues with signing someone away from the pats. When has that worked for anyone? They are pretty far ahead on knowing when to move on from an older expensive player.

Jensen however, we should get him.

Honestly if I'm the Bengals I let the market dictate how much to offer Bodine. I'm not opposed to bringing him back for depth purposes/ compete for a job, but not to sign him to a big deal where he is going to start no matter what.

2 year 7 million sounds reasonable to me

16 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

As for Baker, i think its an alright move. Wonder if it takes Vea out of the options at 12.

I'd be shocked if we took Vea now, even if he's BPA.  I think we're targeting LB, but might consider Derwin James if he lasts.  I kind of think we don't go OL unless we trade back.  None of the OT's have really impressed, and Nelson will be gone.

17 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Honestly if I'm the Bengals I let the market dictate how much to offer Bodine. I'm not opposed to bringing him back for depth purposes/ compete for a job, but not to sign him to a big deal where he is going to start no matter what.

2 year 7 million sounds reasonable to me

I agree, but I get this bad feeling he is going to get a 4 year offer from the Bengals and its around 5-6 mill a year. 

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'd be shocked if we took Vea now, even if he's BPA.  I think we're targeting LB, but might consider Derwin James if he lasts.  I kind of think we don't go OL unless we trade back.  None of the OT's have really impressed, and Nelson will be gone.

I really hope this is what they are thinking also.

23 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Sounds like Baker is more of a 3T, he's down to 300 pounds.  If Edmunds is there, he'd probably be my top want, but I don't think he will be.  I'd be happy with James.

Archived