We should be happy! Jay Gruden finally got to pick his QB!

20 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

lol

you guy crack me up! ?

Having said that, I'd rather be on the hook with Alex Smith contract, as opposed to Kirk Cousins eventual cap killer.

Don't you guys get tired of losing season openers?

Important critical games?

Game killer turnovers?

kneeling before the end of the half, instead of spiking it & kicking a FG?

I'll remember this thread when you're bashing Alex Smith in two years and claiming how our new QB is going to take us to the super bowl after throwing for 5K yards...

I'm with ancient house on this one, no way you pay qb with losing record top qb money. If people want to see this team tank then we should have made him highest paid qb ever. That would have truly crippled us

21 minutes ago, Eric said:

I'm with ancient house on this one, no way you pay qb with losing record top qb money. If people want to see this team tank then we should have made him highest paid qb ever. That would have truly crippled us

Ancient house lol 

26 minutes ago, Eric said:

How is it Kirks record? Lmfao 

He has a losing record. LMFAO! Does lmfao supposed to make your post look better or something? Dude troll somebody else. No sense in whining to my post because the team isn't doing what you want. 

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

He has a losing record. LMFAO! Does lmfao supposed to make your post look better or something? Dude troll somebody else. No sense in whining to my post because the team isn't doing what you want. 

Kirk Cousins is 26-30-1 as a starting QB 6 years into his career.  Alex Smith was 32-34 six years into his career.  

6 minutes ago, Eric said:

For a QB that went like 50-25 in KC, I'm sorry he only won one playoff game.

Yeah, and he's a lot cheaper right now. Everyone says we didn't upgrade at qb with this move but a lot also say we didn't downgrade either. So if it truly is a wash why pay more for Cousins 

Just now, Eric said:

Yeah, and he's a lot cheaper right now. Everyone says we didn't upgrade at qb with this move but a lot also say we didn't downgrade either. So if it truly is a wash why pay more for Cousins 

And a lot say we did downgrade. We'll find out in September on. If I know the Redskins, it's another 7-9 campaign.

I think it's an upgrade regardless because he wants to be here. I also think Gruden had a lot of input in it to have a guy to run his system. I will not bury this team for thinking they have a legitimate chance to compete. This team stays healthy and there's going to be plenty of crow to eat for all the bashers.

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

1. Because we drafted Cousins, I could care less about Alex smith.

2. Because Kirk Cousins knows our offense.

3. Because Kirk Cousins has rapport with our offensive players.

4. Because Kirk Cousins has thrown for 1,000 more yards in a season than Alex Smiths best in his whole career.

5. Because Kirk Cousins is like 5 years younger than Alex Smith.

6. Because Kirk Cousins wouldn’t have cost us a 3rd round pick and Kendall Fuller.

17 minutes ago, Eric said:

You're pinning the teams record on Kirk when he wasn't the one who spent two years allowing Joe Barry to completely sabotage the defensive side of the ball. 

Kirk Cousins did cost us Fuller. We had no choice. He had a rapport with our players? Yeah that shows when those same teammates say he wasn't a leader. He knows our offense but wouldn't give his playmakers a chance to make a play, hell even Doug Williams said the same. Some people play for stats, some play to win.

The only question you have to ask yourself is Kirk Cousins better than Case Keenum? If the answer is no, then why pay Kirk

Hell yeah I'm blaming those losses on Kirk. That's why qbs make the big bucks. The Packers defense sucks and Aaron Rogers puts the team on his back, this year the Patriots D sucked more often than not and what did he do? That's right, at the end of the day he got it done. Do I or anyone else think it's fair to compare Kirk to Rogers and Brady? Hopefully the answer is no. If it's not fair to compare him to then it sure as heck isn't fair to pay him like them either. 

1 minute ago, Eric said:

Hell yeah I'm blaming those losses on Kirk. That's why qbs make the big bucks. The Packers defense sucks and Aaron Rogers puts the team on his back, this year the Patriots D sucked more often than not and what did he do? That's right, at the end of the day he got it done. Do I or anyone else think it's fair to compare Kirk to Rogers and Brady? Hopefully the answer is no. If it's not fair to compare him to then it sure as heck isn't fair to pay him like them either. 

Why didn’t you use Alex Smith as your example?  Oh wait...

Dude whatever, you can crap on Cousins all you want.  But hating on Cousins doesn’t justify the trade for Alex Smith.

Archived