We should be happy! Jay Gruden finally got to pick his QB!

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

Kirk Cousins did cost us Fuller. We had no choice. He had a rapport with our players? Yeah that shows when those same teammates say he wasn't a leader. He knows our offense but wouldn't give his playmakers a chance to make a play, hell even Doug Williams said the same. Some people play for stats, some play to win.

The only question you have to ask yourself is Kirk Cousins better than Case Keenum? If the answer is no, then why pay Kirk

Then why didn’t we sign Case Keenum instead of trading for Alex Smith? 

Btw Kirk Cousins is better than Case Keenum.

That's definitely debatable, he isn't no 8 to 10 million better regardless. I can bash any player I choose just like you guys do.

The only difference between me and you is I accept the fact he's gone. Regardless of what side of the argument your on he's gone. Alex is here, he is a Redskin. I will support him and every player on this team, win or lose.

How is it Alex Smith's fault how he got here? He went from a team that was going in a different direction to a team that clearly wants him. And his fans have a problem with him before he ever puts on a jersey? That's ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

That's definitely debatable, he isn't no 8 to 10 million better regardless. I can bash any player I choose just like you guys do.

The only difference between me and you is I accept the fact he's gone. Regardless of what side of the argument your on he's gone. Alex is here, he is a Redskin. I will support him and every player on this team, win or lose.

How is it Alex Smith's fault how he got here? He went from a team that was going in a different direction to a team that clearly wants him. And his fans have a problem with him before he ever puts on a jersey? That's ridiculous.

Where did I bash anyone?

For those crapping all over the Alex Smith trade & contract extension?

You do realize we got our QB quickly, right?

Before the Garapolo stupid contract? Before Cousins crazy contract coming? Before Brees crazy contract coming? Before A. Rodgers crazy contract coming?

And the only contracts that will be worth it, when it is all said & done?

Brees=SB winner

A. Rodgers= SB winner

Alex Smith=Consistent playoff QB

Cousins & Garapolo haven't done squat! At least not yet.

Only difference is, Smith will be making much less than any of these guys.

Call it a panic move if you want. But they couldn't have timed it better.

59 minutes ago, Eric said:

He has a losing record. LMFAO! Does lmfao supposed to make your post look better or something? Dude troll somebody else. No sense in whining to my post because the team isn't doing what you want. 

Only the head coach, the front office and owner should be judged by W/L record. Judging any singular position by W/L record is stupid IMHO. 

42 minutes ago, Eric said:

Kirk Cousins did cost us Fuller. We had no choice. He had a rapport with our players? Yeah that shows when those same teammates say he wasn't a leader. He knows our offense but wouldn't give his playmakers a chance to make a play, hell even Doug Williams said the same. Some people play for stats, some play to win.

The only question you have to ask yourself is Kirk Cousins better than Case Keenum? If the answer is no, then why pay Kirk

Yes. He is.

17 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

For those crapping all over the Alex Smith trade & contract extension?

You do realize we got our QB quickly, right?

Before the Garapolo stupid contract? Before Cousins crazy contract coming? Before Brees crazy contract coming? Before A. Rodgers crazy contract coming?

And the only contracts that will be worth it, when it is all said & done?

Brees=SB winner

A. Rodgers= SB winner

Alex Smith=Consistent playoff QB

Cousins & Garapolo haven't done squat! At least not yet.

Only difference is, Smith will be making much less than any of these guys.

Call it a panic move if you want. But they couldn't have timed it better.

Dude we’re paying Alex Smith more money than Garoppolo got.

edit - to clarify, gauranteed money 

Every time somebody points out the good in Smith you and a couple others are quick to show how inferior he is to Cousins. If you like Cousins, fine if you don't fine. If you like Smith, fine if not the same goes. You literally just said you don't care about Alex Smith, you also pointed out how Cousins is better at everything in your opinion. All this is topic of discussion and that's fine.

My honest opinion on Cousins: Homegrown, some moments of brilliance. Ravens game when he came in for RG3 and won it, awesome. Played well and took more chances early in career, played with something to prove. After first negotiations went south he was done, I truly believed he played for the stats to get the next big contract. He knew all he had to do was play well enough on 2 tags and collect 50 million bucks and set himself up for a big payday somewhere else. I don't believe winning was his first priority, that's my honest assessment on him. He never got over the first contract negotiations, enough not to even discuss any future deal. 

Alex Smith has been known as conservative in his past but last year showed with weapons he will give the opportunity to them. He's older yeah but usually it comes out the later in the career the more important getting to the Superbowl is to them. He is definitely more mobile and can extend plays. The only thing I worry about is our rb play with his style. That's why I'm so adamant on a player with a Ronald Jones or Kerryon Johnson skill set to be had in this draft. We get that he will be just fine

39 minutes ago, Eric said:

Hell yeah I'm blaming those losses on Kirk. That's why qbs make the big bucks. The Packers defense sucks and Aaron Rogers puts the team on his back, this year the Patriots D sucked more often than not and what did he do? That's right, at the end of the day he got it done. Do I or anyone else think it's fair to compare Kirk to Rogers and Brady? Hopefully the answer is no. If it's not fair to compare him to then it sure as heck isn't fair to pay him like them either. 

Yeah, sure those losses are on Kirk. 

He plays well against KC last year. Doctson dropping a TD pass and Gruden time mismanagement cost us that game at the end. Yet, it goes as a W to Smith and a L to Kirk? Come on.

Kirk plays lights out against Dallas on Thanksgiving in 2016. Defense was particularly sucktacular and our kicker couldn't hit FGs. So we lose that game. That's an L for Kirk? So its all on him? Come on.

Kirk running in for a go ahead TD with a minute left to go against the Lions and then the defense lets them score a TD with a minute left. That's Kirk losing us the game? Come on.

If you want to bash him for playing poorly, then do so. But ignoring that there are 21 other players on offense and defense (plus the players on ST) that have a hand in the outcome of the game is not the way to evaluate any position.

Only the coach has control and responsibility over the entire team. Same with the owner, GM, and the rest of the front office. So those are the ones that should be judged by W/L record. Telling me that its "Why QBs are paid the big bucks" is lazy reasoning and isn't a good defense.

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Only the head coach, the front office and owner should be judged by W/L record. Judging any singular position by W/L record is stupid IMHO. 

So saying my opinion is stuiped in your honest opinion is ok, but if your told bashing a team constantly makes you not a fan in my honest opinion you have a problem with that. Calling a post I say stuiped and some will agree with you no doubt about it, keep bashing and others will keep agreeing the other way too. Moderate yorself

6 minutes ago, Eric said:

Alex Smith has been known as conservative in his past but last year showed with weapons he will give the opportunity to them. He's older yeah but usually it comes out the later in the career the more important getting to the Superbowl is to them. He is definitely more mobile and can extend plays. The only thing I worry about is our rb play with his style. That's why I'm so adamant on a player with a Ronald Jones or Kerryon Johnson skill set to be had in this draft. We get that he will be just fine

Honest question.

You think we're going to get those weapons like he had in KC?

Look at the roster. Look what we need. We have only 2 picks where we can pick up some impact weapons like he had last season. 

What happens to Smith when we don't upgrade the running game, Reed stays injured, and we don't get him a speedster like Hill?

Then we fail, what's hard to understand about that. We don't add talent and everyone is injured what do you think is going to happen. You lose, that's what happens. But I'm one of the few that applaud the fact their TRYING to get better. Snyder's heart has always been in the right place, he has just went about it the wrong way in the past. Nobody wants to win a Superbowl more than him

1 minute ago, Eric said:

So saying my opinion is stuiped in your honest opinion is ok, but if your told bashing a team constantly makes you not a fan in my honest opinion you have a problem with that. Calling a post I say stuiped and some will agree with you no doubt about it, keep bashing and others will keep agreeing the other way too. Moderate yorself

I'm not attacking you, my friend. I'm attacking the logic behind judging a QB by W/L record (which a lot of people do BTW). Learn the difference between attacking the post/logic behind the post, and attacking the poster. I'm simply stating that in my opinion it is stupid to judge 1 player on a TEAM by that TEAM's won/loss record. As if the QB can cover WRs on 3rd down, etc...

As for calling out fandom, that IS attacking the poster. And its trolling. 

And if you have a problem with how the mods moderate the forum, then Webby is just a PM away. 

Just now, Eric said:

Then we fail, what's hard to understand about that. We don't add talent and everyone is injured what do you think is going to happen. You lose, that's what happens. But I'm one of the few that applaud the fact their TRYING to get better. Snyder's heart has always been in the right place, he has just went about it the wrong way in the past. Nobody wants to win a Superbowl more than him

Nothing is hard to understand.

Quick - if we don't upgrade the running game and we don't add a speedster like Hill and Reed stays injured all year, what is your prediction of our record with Smith in 2018?

Archived