49ers sign CB Richard Sherman

marky mark

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Hahahahaha. That's one way to stick it to Seattle for not wanting to pay you I guess. Go to the team in your division with the hot young QB whose future looks bright. Seattle just might live to regret this.

What even better is his AAV is a couple north of what Seattle cut him for.

Like getting fired by your work cuz they say youre making too much and then his competitor hires you and pays you more. Id be ecstatic if i were Sherm.

1 minute ago, ACO said:

True. I hope he is healed up. I want to see him all full strength picking off Wilson. I wonder if they will go after Trumaine as well. 

I doubt we go after a high price corner might find a player for value price. Hoping they go after Norwell and our Pugh.

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

What even better is his AAV is a couple north of what Seattle cut him for.

Like getting fired by your work cuz they say youre making too much and then his competitor hires you and pays you more. Id be ecstatic if i were Sherm.

It's like the Seahawks are a tech company that's still a force in the industry but kind of getting outdated and weary of a few upstarts that look to be making waves and Sherman's a legacy product that's still a very popular brand name that the company thinks is obsolete soon, so they let the rights expire to it.... and then one of those upstarts pays a fortune for it and uses it to make themselves a more legitimate player in the space.

Sherman is not the person I would have let go of if I was Seattle. Also after this, it's kind of hard to not believe the stories of a power struggle between the office favoring Wilson over the LOB.

I wanted the Seahawks to keep Richard Sherman just because of everything he has meant to the franchise and the community; however, his injury is extremely concerning.  It sucks seeing him go to a division rival, but I definitely think his best years are behind him.  With that said, it would not surprise me if he can recover from this injury and return to form as a great CB for a year or two.  Wishing him the best and hope he comes back full strength.

The #’s mean nothing until we know the guaranteed amounts.  The fact the bonus is 5M tells me there’s a strong chance only year 1 is guaranteed.   But can’t tell until we have the figures.

As always it’s premature to judge the contract until you know the details.  

Archived