49ers sign CB Richard Sherman

marky mark

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Remember that SEA had Sherman for 11M/1.

So Sherman gets 7M/1 guaranteed, but only way he gets past 10M is by being a Pro Bowl CB.   If he can be healthy, and play a full season, 10M.

Literally zero-risk for 49ers long-term.   This is a fantastic deal by Lynch.   He clearly sold Sherman on the West Coast, return to the Bay, and playing SEA 2x a year, to get him to agree to such a team-friendly deal.   

The 49ers continue their roll since Lynch came on as GM - honestly, pretty much everything he's done has come up aces (he traded DEN a 2018 5th for a RB he didn't even keep through 53-man roster cuts...but that's about it, his wet-behind-the-ears move, everyone gets 1).   Full marks.

Snead & Lynch are on a roll this offseason.  LAR vs. SF should be a great NFCW rivalry.   SEA is now in reload mode, Wilson will keep them competitive, but they've got an OL and secondary/pass rush to rebuild.  

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

That's what you get for not wanting to pay him. As the old adage goes, you reap what you sow. 

But yeah, this is the Favre-MIN/GB situation all over again. The only real difference is Favre left on his own accord.

I never said I was in favor of releasing him. I wanted to keep him and move him to safety after trading Thomas. 

For him to go to my least favorite team is extremely disappointing. 

If he is healthy enough to play in our matchups next year i expect him and Baldwin to get real into it, possibly an ejection. They have been so competitive in practice since 2011 it will be fun to see how it plays out in a meaningful game.

Still a damn shame he went to them.

20 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The 49ers continue their roll since Lynch came on as GM - honestly, pretty much everything he's done has come up aces (he traded DEN a 2018 5th for a RB he didn't even keep through 53-man roster cuts...but that's about it, his wet-behind-the-ears move, everyone gets 1).   Full marks.

And at least that pick turned into Trent Taylor, who fans are pretty high on as a quality role / niche player as a slot receiver (it was the niners 4th rounder this year for Denver's 5th last year and Bibbs) 

Lynch did a good job surrounding himself with bright people like Adam Peters, and paraag has always been great with the financials, even on big deals. 

In the end, it'll come down to how well this regime drafts, but there's good reason to like what we've seen from them in the limited sample

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Remember that SEA had Sherman for 11M/1.

So Sherman gets 7M/1 guaranteed, but only way he gets past 10M is by being a Pro Bowl CB.   If he can be healthy, and play a full season, 10M.

Literally zero-risk for 49ers long-term.   This is a fantastic deal by Lynch.   He clearly sold Sherman on the West Coast, return to the Bay, and playing SEA 2x a year, to get him to agree to such a team-friendly deal.   

Snead & Lynch are on a roll this offseason.  LAR vs. SF should be a great NFCW rivalry.   SEA is now in reload mode, Wilson will keep them competitive, but they've got an OL and secondary/pass rush to rebuild.  

Absolutely, and with the Chargers looking like only being a couple of players from being a top AFC contender, California could have some real quality football teams for the next few seasons. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

And at least that pick turned into Trent Taylor, who fans are pretty high on as a quality role / niche player as a slot receiver (it was the niners 4th rounder this year for Denver's 5th last year and Bibbs) 

Lynch did a good job surrounding himself with bright people like Adam Peters, and paraag has always been great with the financials, even on big deals. 

In the end, it'll come down to how well this regime drafts, but there's good reason to like what we've seen from them in the limited sample

Well...signing Malcolm Smith, and paying UsedCheck all that money wasn't so great. Just saying.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Well...signing Malcolm Smith, and paying UsedCheck all that money wasn't so great. Just saying.

Juice check was actually fine. Didn't mind that signing even for the money. Smith was an overpay and looks to be a bad deal as his injury prevented him from proving everyone wrong

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Juice check was actually fine. Didn't mind that signing even for the money. Smith was an overpay and looks to be a bad deal as his injury prevented him from proving everyone wrong

Smith signing before the injury didn't make sense. And he wasn't going to prove people wrong by turning into a good player.

Seeing the numbers, I think it really puts to rest any question of just how smart Richard Sherman is. I can't believe any agent would have gotten him a contract this bad. Even if it works, it's just stupid and the team has complete control.

59 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Seeing the numbers, I think it really puts to rest any question of just how smart Richard Sherman is. I can't believe any agent would have gotten him a contract this bad. Even if it works, it's just stupid and the team has complete control.

Agreed.  He would have been better off just taking a one year deal.

Stings a wee bit but ah well, my dude got paid.

I actually want him to play well (even if that means taking one or two from Russ), and earn that last big contract. Ill always, always, support players squeezing out every last dime they can from this company. 

6 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Stings a wee bit but ah well, my dude got paid.

I actually want him to play well (even if that means taking one or two from Russ), and earn that last big contract. Ill always, always, support players squeezing out every last dime they can from this company. 

He has the chance to get paid if he plays at his old level. Otherwise the deal is very team friendly

Archived