49ers sign CB Richard Sherman

marky mark

12 minutes ago, Starless said:

People are linking him to the Pats... based on what, exactly?

Based on the notion that New England has historically signed older vets who want to win championships.

I don't think that holds any merit in this situation, though. Sherman is still a top 5 CB in the NFL, even coming off injury. He's still gonna get paid and is going to be a #1 for a team.

49 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The recovery rates for Achilles injuries are  extremely low. 

He may not make it back to a functional level of play at cornerback. Especially for a guy who wasn't a freak athlete. 

FS?

He would be smat eough to convert IMO, he seems to have high FB IQ. 

He won't have to worry about offers despite the injury. He has enough talent that the queue will be forming already to give him a chance.

He might not be back to his full best, but IMO he'll still be one of the better DB's in the league. 

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

If it is true, hope Seahawk fans appreciate what they saw with that defense. It's hard/rare to assemble that much talent. Corners are usually the first to go, like when Chris McAlister left a Raven's defense that had Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, and Haloti Ngata. With Bobby Wagner entering his prime in a big way, the Seahawks should focus on reloading that D around him. 

If I remember correctly though, McAlister was drafted in 1999. He was there a while before those other players you listed. Except Lewis.

Rest in Peace Sherman. I'll forever have that memory of your reaction in the Super Bowl as your defining moment with the Seahawks. That, or getting in Tom Brady's face.

Cue Aerosmith song

heartbroken_seahawks.gif

DON'T WANT TO CLOSE MY EYES

I DON'T WANT TO FALL ASLEEP

sddefault.jpg#404_is_fine

Archived