49ers sign CB Richard Sherman

marky mark

4 hours ago, Starless said:

People are linking him to the Pats... based on what, exactly?

4 hours ago, BABPITT said:

I was saying the same thing

4 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Based on the notion that New England has historically signed older vets who want to win championships.

Potentially based on the reports that NE tried to trade for him last offseason. On top of a need at CB, of course.

Thing is, he's still recovering from injury - so I don't really see how he'd pass a physical before the start of the new year.

Given the fail rates in Achilles injuries in players, and Sherman's age, man I don't see a trade, other that some really, really late conditional pick (which likely never pans out if he can't pass his physical in time).

11 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Sherman is a drama queen. Was there ever a better system CB in recent memory though ?

What does this even mean? Implying he can't play man coverage or outside of a cover 1/3 system? Like, I don't get it. He's excelled in man coverage, he's excelled in zone coverage, he's excelled in the slot and on the outside and when shadowing WR's....This is basically like calling Brady a system QB.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:
14 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Sherman is a drama queen. Was there ever a better system CB in recent memory though ?

What does this even mean? Implying he can't play man coverage or outside of a cover 1/3 system? Like, I don't get it. He's excelled in man coverage, he's excelled in zone coverage, he's excelled in the slot and on the outside and when shadowing WR's....This is basically like calling Brady a system QB.

Well... let me tell you...

29 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

So you're comparing the GOAT NFL QB to Richard Sherman ? His peak in a superior defense barely makes him a top 10 all time CB. He seldomly covered the teams top WR, he benefitted from a strong supporting cast and did not excel in man coverage.

Not even sure if this post is serious 

51 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So what your saying is that Sherman's excellent route anticipation, his ability to disrupt routes at higher rate than others and his intelligence at the position is because of the system? 

Sorry but I don't see any correlation here.  

Archived