49ers sign CB Richard Sherman

marky mark

I get the Sherman to New England suggestion, but I wish there were more suggestions out there based on Sherman's background and former coaches.  Don't know why nobody brought up Atlanta.  How's their cap situation?  He was born in Compton.  Makes sense he'd consider the Rams or Chargers.  Rams are a division rival, too, so he might like to try to stick it to the Seahawks.  Rams getting Talib/Peters/Shields makes that less likely. 

He could also go over to San Francisco.  The Niners have been in the discussion on Talib and Peters this season, so they want a corner and they're not afraid to go after big personalities. 

New England only makes sense because everybody thinks everybody goes to New England, but that's really not the case, and New England really doesn't have the cap space for Sherman.  They've got about 20 million right now.  7-8 million goes to rookies.  They have Solder, Burkhead, Fleming, Ammendola, Lewis and Waddle to try to re-sign.  They're not losing two of their offensive linemen to sign a 30-year-old corner coming off an achilles injury I don't think.  Could be wrong though.  They've signed people when I didn't think they had the money for it before. 

Just now, Darth Pees said:

I wonder if Sherman will sign back on a 1-year prove it deal and use that to cash in on a final contract (maybe with a different team?) before retiring.

Ehh he's 30 he would have to look elite to get a big final contract.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

He might have been last season but coming back from a torn Achilles is going to be tough.

Sure, but if he returns to that level of play, he's still elite. And doing that within the same scheme he's always been comfortable in isn't in the slightest bit unrealistic. Heck, because of his dominance even if he slightly declined, he's still be elite. He's never had elite athleticism in the first place, it's always been about his intellect and physicality.

Archived