Antonio Brown converts 2018 base salary into signing bonus

jebrick

Just now, Chieferific said:

Sounds like we're just debating semantics. Brown's restructuring helped the team this year. I like that. He didn't sacrifice anyhting. I'm sure he likes that. Win-Win. Fwiw: I think Flacko refused to restructure. 

There is a lose in that.  The team.

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

Sounds like we're just debating semantics. Brown's restructuring helped the team this year. I like that. He didn't sacrifice anyhting. I'm sure he likes that. Win-Win. Fwiw: I think Flacko refused to restructure. 

Thats cool.

Like I said, I dont mean to sound like Im knocking on anyone for saying its classy.     But every time a player gets restructured, I see fans (not just Steeler fans) claiming its classy move or acting like they gave up something, when thats not the case.    I know someone as informed as yourself and other fans on here know that to be the case, but I think there are some casual fans or fans who arent aware how restructures work who look at this and think the player gave something up, when in reality, they didnt.

21 hours ago, Money said:

The next moves should be cut one of Wilcox or Mitchell - the other when the position is taken care of via the draft. Insurance in case you don't fill the position. Cutting Wilcox saves $3,462,500 using post June-1 designation.

Villanueva (saves $3.4m) and McDonald (saves $2.7m) are next up for restructures.

You can still cut Gay. Post June-1 designation saves you $2,066,667 

Minor houskeeping opens up [$1m cap space as of today + 3.4625 + 3.4 + 2.7 + 2.0666] = $12.6m 

Boswell 2nd rd tender $2,914,000. Let Chickilo walk - he's a bum. Don't sugarcoat it. He's a bum.

$10m to sign UFA.

And then cut Mitchell to sign the draft picks.

What's this re-sign restructure Ben talk. That's asinine. That's risk on the table.

They can push that $5 mill further down road. If he retires he just has signing bonus $$$ count against cap.

Unless I’m wrong then someone correct me.

Is there a way to pin a thread to track across multiple years for if we sign Bell longterm?

2018 Bell -- What a selfish guy! He should be happy to play for $1!

*restructures*

2020 Bell - What a great team first player! Class act!

39 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Is there a way to pin a thread to track across multiple years for if we sign Bell longterm?

*restructures*

You've got to throw the word "thug" in there a few times. 

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

*restructures*

Nothing like using hyperbole to make a point. I think many fans would like it if he did approach it like AB did. Though I'm not certain, I feel like when he was looking for a new contract he didn't make demands. He came to work. He didn't tell everyone he wanted "X" amount of dollars or he was going to holdout/retire. He was professional throughout the process. At least that's how I remember it. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

Nothing like using hyperbole to make a point. I think many fans would like it if he did approach it like AB did. Though I'm not certain, I feel like when he was looking for a new contract he didn't make demands. He came to work. He didn't tell everyone he wanted "X" amount of dollars or he was going to holdout/retire. He was professional throughout the process. At least that's how I remember it. 

Nah he said he wanted to be the highest paid WR and he was willing to sit out.

6 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

LOL, then I just proved @Dcash4's theory. I was afraid that was gonna happen. ¬¬

Haha.  It's all good.  It makes me laugh because it does happen all the time and the issue is we only react to what happens in the moment.

10 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

LOL, then I just proved @Dcash4's theory. I was afraid that was gonna happen. ¬¬

Thanks, Chief B|

I was more or less just trying to be sarcastic and funny -- but I do appreciate that it was correct! 

Archived