Eagles trade a 5th and Marcus Johnson for Seahawks Michael Bennett and a 7th Round Pick [UPDATE: Bennett Indicted?]

Blahstoise

Congrads on your big win! Loved your hiring of Pederson from day 1. I've had reasons to root against your team in the past, the sting of 4th and 26 will sting me and my Packer friends forever. So take it how you will, but I'd cut ties with this clown right here and now. He's no good, he's a diva, he's a liar, he's... Ok I'll stop, but I could go on. Take it from a Packers fan who got stung by his moronic brother, cut your ties before it's too late. I questioned the trade at the exact moment I heard it and I cringe even more now. 

15 hours ago, Daimonas said:

like a normal human being, im going to reserve any hate i have for bennet until i find out if he actually did something or not.

I completely agree, but he's been caught in lies in his Vegas episode, so I'd think you'd have to atleast start questioning some things sooner than later. 

20 hours ago, cooters22 said:

I completely agree, but he's been caught in lies in his Vegas episode, so I'd think you'd have to atleast start questioning some things sooner than later. 

False.

The cop who arrested him conveniently had his body camera off, so there is no way confirming/denying Bennett's claims about what the officer said to him.

26 minutes ago, Jlash said:

False.

The cop who arrested him conveniently had his body camera off, so there is no way confirming/denying Bennett's claims about what the officer said to him.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj9yfXViIraAhVL1oMKHa4qCuMQFghEMAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.outkickthecoverage.com%2Flas-vegas-police-prove-michael-bennett-lied-racism-charges%2F&usg=AOvVaw1D0K8HAciCSZ_wqwYYrStQ

He initially said that racist comments were directed at him. Please watch video that I presented for you. 

2 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

I'm gonna have to wait until I get home from work, but if it's the same video that's been out for months there's literally nothing conclusive about it.

Just let this play out. Everyone's looking for a political or conspiratorial angle to this. He's been accused of pushing a security guard who happened to be an old lady. He hasn't been convicted of anything. It's entirely possible he did it, but it's entirely possible at this point the accusations are exaggerated or even false, no matter how unlikely that may seem. We just don't know at this point.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I'm gonna have to wait until I get home from work, but if it's the same video that's been out for months there's literally nothing conclusive about it.

Fair enough. I'm not looking to further debate this,  I personally am glad he's not a Green Bay Packer and let's just leave it at that!

3 minutes ago, Phire said:

Just let this play out. Everyone's looking for a political or conspiratorial angle to this. He's been accused of pushing a security guard who happened to be an old lady. He hasn't been convicted of anything. It's entirely possible he did it, but it's entirely possible at this point the accusations are exaggerated or even false, no matter how unlikely that may seem. We just don't know at this point.

tenor.gif?itemid=10905928

On 3/23/2018 at 7:11 PM, Eagles23 said:

I really don't get why it took over a year to indict him though. It's a pretty black and white crime right? How much force was used on this "push"?

People keep bringing this up. You have to realize these things take time. You don't get a fast-pass Disney style to the front of the queue just because you're a NFL player. He isn't the only one accused of a crime in that jurisdiction in Texas. As a matter of fact, the fact that the indictment came down in March is suggestive that they did Bennett a solid by not having it come down during the season. Robbie Anderson of the Jets got arrested in May 2017 but his trial was set for March 2018. See a pattern here? If you're an NFL player you would want to resolve any legal problems in March. This isn't a coincidence, and it isn't any evidence of impropriety. 

4 minutes ago, Phire said:

People keep bringing this up. You have to realize these things take time. You don't get a fast-pass Disney style to the front of the queue just because you're a NFL player. He isn't the only one accused of a crime in that jurisdiction in Texas. As a matter of fact, the fact that the indictment came down in March is suggestive that they did Bennett a solid by not having it come down during the season. Robbie Anderson of the Jets got arrested in May 2017 but his trial was set for March 2018. See a pattern here? If you're an NFL player you would want to resolve any legal problems in March. This isn't a coincidence, and it isn't any evidence of impropriety. 

One thing that alleviates a little bit of concern for me on this is that I was listening to the radio Friday and a former Eagles player (I can't remember who) was explaining that they have staff in place specifically to look into players past/current legal situations before acquiring them. They had to know about this, and enough that they were comfortable with bringing him in. 

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

One thing that alleviates a little bit of concern for me on this is that I was listening to the radio Friday and a former Eagles player (I can't remember who) was explaining that they have staff in place specifically to look into players past/current legal situations before acquiring them. They had to know about this, and enough that they were comfortable with bringing him in. 

Oh yeah there's a zero-percent chance they didn't know about this. NFL players getting into legal trouble isn't new. Like I brought up a few days ago, Nigel Bradham brought a loaded gun to an airport on accident and got arrested. These people are human and things happen.

There is so much weird in this case that doesn't make sense or add up.

Why didn't he get arrested on the spot? Michael Bennett was literally doing interviews on NFL Network on the field right after that. He wasn't hard to find.

Also, he is a high profile NFL player, he is not a difficult guy to find. Why did it take over a year for this to come up?

He clearly did something he wasn't supposed to in this situation, but man, this is just....odd

Archived