Eagles trade a 5th and Marcus Johnson for Seahawks Michael Bennett and a 7th Round Pick [UPDATE: Bennett Indicted?]

Blahstoise

Just now, RollEagles said:

Bennett is a better player than Curry for sure. I don't really think it's even close. Even with Bennett at age 32. 

Maybe my perception of those two is off so feel free to correct me. 

But what sweetens this deal even more is if that cap figure is in fact true for Bennett. Upgrade the position (IMO) and cut the expenditure. 

Howie is impressive.

I think this past season, they were pretty much interchangeable, though Bennett's been better over their entire careers. 

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

Bennett is a better player than Curry for sure. I don't really think it's even close. Even with Bennett at age 32. 

Maybe my perception of those two is off so feel free to correct me. 

But what sweetens this deal even more is if that cap figure is in fact true for Bennett. Upgrade the position (IMO) and cut the expenditure. 

Howie is impressive.

No he is a much better player then Curry - your perception is not off. 

wow, shocked

This is a good move to not miss a step with that DL rotation...but man is it an old position now
3/4 are thirty+, Bennett will provide some security with Graham and Long potentially leaving after this year.

I wonder how he deals with the rotation

27 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I have to assume he will be dirt cheap? His cap number says $8M, but that was for the Seahawks. Would make no sense getting rid of Curry only to get another expensive DE of roughly equal talent.

If he’s cheap, I like the move, since I don’t think there was any chance we could keep Curry unless he took a big hometown discount.

I don't think they are even close to equal talent. Bennett is clearly much better. 

3 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I don't think they are even close to equal talent. Bennett is clearly much better. 

by a long way. I don't even think this can be close.|

Only reason I'm not completely in love with this move is because i think Bennett is a bit of an a-hole. 

Archived